“Ehh ok.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #131 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“Ehh ok.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The walls were extremely thin! I could hear every word of my neighbors convo. My neighbors were having an argument and I could hear everything. Don't think about sleeping . I have been up all night because it's so loud in the hall way. I could even hear someone passing gas! Another thing I didn't like is that you hAve to let them know you are leaving or else your room won't be serviced. I thought most hotels just routinely stop by. The hotel it self was ok. There's graffiti art on the walls of the hallway , very artsy. The staff overall was very nice. Great location though and free drinks 7-8pm.

Stayed December 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitelaw Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Good Day and thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us! I am sorry that your time spent with us was not a 5 star one! If we were aware that you were bothered by the noise, we would have moved you to another room immediately! You do not have to inform us when you are leaving so we can clean your room. We clean the rooms routinely. If the guests are still in the rooms we do indeed ask to inform us when you leave. We do not service the rooms while guests are present. I see that you were given exceptional service from our team, and were content with the location, and the cocktail hour from 19:00-20:00.

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this property about 3 years ago and remembered some staff (Guillermo, Andrew and Sterling) who made my stay the best and was hoping for a similar experience even if there was new staff.
The cons: the staff - Low and behold this was not the case. Firstly: Since the time of check in the attitude of the front desk clerk Fabricio was quite off putting and rude/ snydy in his explanation of what the hotel fees were and basically implying that I have no choice and dont have to stay if I dont want to pay it. Not surprised however as the kid looks like a 17 year old and probably doesnt care.
Secondly was the bar, because i was checking in a tad late, and was a bit exhausted, there was a dj playing music, which I was fine with, but at the time I arrived it was quite loud.
The next day i called to complain about the a/c not working in the evening and it took the service gentleman 30 minutes to get to my room.
The pros: the staff. The housekeepers were so sweet and my room was done to the point of me thinking it was a new room. Perla was also quite helpful in making sure the service was done.
The hotel on a hold pretty quaint in the day and comes alive at night.

Room Tip: Get a room further down the hallways, if possible. Also hotel is not recommended for kids.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitelaw Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello there Joachim w,

We value all of our guests feedback and thank you for sharing yours with us! We would also like to thank you for being a loyal returning guest!! We strive to provide outstanding service all around! It pains us to read that is not what you experienced! The General Manager is aware of your comments regarding Fabricio's service. She will make sure to address this with him, so that it never happens again! I see that Perla on the other hand provided you with outstanding service! We will make sure that she is aware of your kind praise! We wish that you could give us another chance in the future! I would love to personally handle your reservation, and make sure that your time spent with us is an all-out success!!! Please contact me directly when you come back to Miami!

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the Whitelaw during Art Basel and it was super convenient to get to all of the shows. Most of them were walking distance. And I would have been walking had I not broken my leg the day before I arrived. It was tough getting around on my crutches, but every time I returned to the hotel - there was always a member of the staff there to open and hold the door for me. On top of that, the front desk and the bartenders went out of their way to accommodate me, when I needed help. Nicholas, Raul, Sheryl... The list goes on. They became my friends during this stay. This was the friendliest staff I've ever had the pleasure; getting to know. Nicholas was so incredible - I'm actually sad that I won't be seeing him every day, now. Raul went out of his way to flag down a car for me, when I needed it. And Sheryl was always there to bring me water or a morning redbull when I couldn't carry them outside on my own. Based on my experience with everyone that worked here - I would come back, even if the rooms were crap. But the rooms were very nice. The beds were comfortable. This hotel is a gem. I most certainly will be back. At the very least, to see all of my new friends again. Thank you Nicholas, Raul, and Sheryl! You made my stay perfect!

• Stayed December 2014
Hat’s off to you too, shawn p! Thank you for such an outstanding review. Our team takes great pride in not only personalizing every stay, but offering assistance whatever the situation. I truly appreciate you naming Nicholas, Raul and Sheryl. It is great to know that the genuine care that you felt from our team resonated and we are incredibly fortunate to have team members like these working with us! Again, I can’t thank you enough for such a glowing review. I can’t wait to welcome you back personally to Whitelaw!

Andover, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I came here for our honeymoon to stay one night before our cruise. Our flight came in very early in the morning. Although there were no clean rooms, the staff helped by holding our luggage and letting us change in their bathroom - and then gave us towels to go to the beach! They were great and super friendly! Our room was directly above the bar/dj…definitely loud but we were okay with it. And the best location for the price!!

Room Tip: I booked through their website directly. It was cheapest. And if you have any requests, make sure to...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
First and foremost I would like to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! We are thrilled to read that you came to celebrate such a special occasion with us! We are always willing to hold guests luggage if their room isn't ready yet. Come back again soon! We would love to have you!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Sheryl, is a great bar tender with amazing drinks that are served to perfection. Clean and organized with a great atmosphere. Sheryl has a friendly attitude and is very attractive. ( . )( . ) oh yeah.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitelaw Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much for your beautiful review, Maria A! It’s so great to hear that you had a fantastic stay, and felt well taken care of the whole time. I’m glad to hear that Sheryl took excellent care of you as well. She is absolutely one of our best and keeps all of our guests content with her mixology skills ! Again, we really appreciate the love and hope to have you back to see us soon!

San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

Perfect location, nicely decorated, clean rooms with very comfortable beds. Great price for the value. Valet parking was not in front of the hotel (a block down, usually) but this is normal in the area...
Great place, friendly staff (most of them), will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitelaw Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2014
Dannielle411, you are a dream! Thank you so much for this amazing review! I am so glad to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and can’t wait for the opportunity to do it all again. We truly appreciate the insanely kind words and hope to see you and yours back here soon!

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

very nice place in a great location the staff attended me right away my room was very clean the hotel was alive with people exactly what i was looking for as far as a fun exciting stay in south beach definitely a party city the front desk was very friendly the maids kept my room very clean cant complain i had a great time worth going again

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Good Evening shook184,

We are stoked that you had such a fabulous time here at Whitelaw Hotel! The location of our property is prime. Our team all work hard to make sure that each and every guest is having a great time! We hope to see you again soon!

Katrine

Been to Whitelaw Hotel? Share your experiences!