“Budget stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #102 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Somerset, New Jersey
“Budget stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

If you don't like to pay a lot this is hotel you need. It is clean and very conveniently located in south beach. Walking to the beach or stores are easy. Some limitations are: small restroom with not as perfect items inside some are broken and some not working well, not many closets, slow wifi, not all electric plugs on walls are working, small elevator, happy hour drinks are water based. Also little noisy since construction and south beach is close by to the hotel. Worse thing is AC, it is blowing to your face on top of sleeping bad, no way to stop it.
But overall this is hotel if you don't like to pay much, better than motel but not up to any known names.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors, will be less noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitelaw Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Good Day Leonid S,

We value all of our guests feedback, and would like to thank you for yours! We offer unbeatable prices, located in the heart of South Beach, with great amenities to go with. We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are a bit smaller then average. I will make sure to pass on your feedback to our team.

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We came to Miami to go to bimini bahamas but because of the weather it was canclled so we had to find a hotel at the last minute and all the hotels were booked by the beach that had a decent price except Whitelaw Hotel. It was a little high in price but compared to other hotels in that area, it was the best one and it ended up being worth it! The hotel is Art Deco and it is very interesting with the detail and colors. Check in was fine. No problems with customer service. The room was nice and had a frige and nice TV. I have no complaints there. Beds were comfortable. We stayed for 2 nights. The only little complaint is the shower doesnt have a door so water goes everywhere but we just made sure to have plenty of towels to clean up. There is a bar downstairs and it turns in to a party after 7. They have happy hour from 7-8 and if you are staying there you get free drinks! The bartender was great and I wish I had gotten her name. The hotel wasnt too noisy but if it had been I wouldnt have minded because theres a bar and music downstairs so what do you expect? I would recommend this hotel and I will stay there again the next time I'm in town! I was greatful they had a room available so we didnt have to sleep on the beach! lol!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitelaw Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Hello Nisha1982,

We would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We offer unbeatable prices, and we are located in the heart of South Beach just blocks from all the action. We offer great money saving amenities to go along with. We would love for you to come back again in the future!

Englewood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed here for two nights, last weekend. It was in a great location and it is a party place. They have happy hour from 7-8 every night, with a DJ. The rooms are nice for the price we paid. The bathroom could be a little roomier. I like to lay everything out when I get to a hotel and there isn't much room for that, and I really don't have much stuff, I'm not a beauty queen. The people that work there are all very nice and helpful. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Could be a little noisy in the front of the hotel, with street traffic and noise. Other than that co...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitelaw Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Hello there Kathy O,

Thank you for the time you took to share your honest feedback with us! We are in a prime location here on South Beach. Blocks away from all the action, it makes things very convenient. We offer a complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8PM nightly. It's the perfect time to get the party started! We would love to have you stay with us again!

Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

My two night stay at the Whitelaw was just fine. The hotel is clean and hip and you can't beat the location! I locked myself out of the bathroom somehow and maintenance showed up in less that two minutes-no exaggeration! I requested additional towels and washcloths which took a few times contacting the front desk before they actually arrived, however I've experience that in even nicer hotels, so no big deal. I stayed on the first floor, in the very first room and yes it was VERY noisy. But after reading these reviews, I brought along some earplugs and I slept like a baby. Overall I'd recommend the Whitelaw. I definitely plan on staying there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Good Afternoon OnTheGoPhiladelphia,

We appreciate the time you took to provide us with your wonderful feedback! We strive on providing the best time for all of our guests! We make sure that the hotel is well taken care of, and that our service is top notch! We are located in the middle of all the action here on South Beach. Please come back again soon!

Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stayed at the WhiteLaw Hotel one day after a 3 day stay right up the street at the Shelley (no room avalible for my additional day). The lobby and halls are super cute and clean. Room was much larger then the Shelley. Very clean and cute. However, I checked in and got to my room to find it was not ready. Was moved to a room that was (right next to the elevator). The halls were very loud. The room was located right above the lobby and I could hear the music blasting and street noise and traffic. This was not a big deal because I came to party anyway but just a note for those who want quite. THIS IS NOT THE HOTEL for you. Its is a bit more pricey than its sister hotels but again the room was TWICE the size. Our shower leaked and got a bang on the door from service desk not to get the floor wet.... It is a walk in shower with no curtin =/. However, the room served its purpose. I was only there for 4 hours from check in to check out. I would suggest if you do stay in this hotel, stay away from stairs and elevator. Take advantage of the happy hour and shuttle service. I have enjoyed all my stays with South Beach Miami Group hotels but this one was not the best but this could have just been a one time issue for me. Check out the other hotels and even give this one a shot. There are some great perks and the LOCATION is key!

Room Tip: Away from stairs and elevator. Away from front of hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitelaw Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Good Afternoon ChicTravelGEEK,

We value all of our guests feedback and we would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! Our staff works hard to make sure that everything in the hotel is well kept. It tends to be a bit louder here at Whitelaw Hotel as we are indeed a party hotel. It clearly states this on our website. We do offer a complimentary airport shuttle, and cocktail hour from 7-8PM nightly. We are also located in the heart of South Beach just blocks away from all the action.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel! Great service! Awesome bartender name Ethan!!!!! He was awesome! Very professional!!!! Check on my friends and I frequently never had to worry about " where my waitress or where's my drink!" Excellent stay! Awesome service!!! I would stay here again!!!' On a scale from 1 to 10 I would give them a 10!

• Stayed April 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitelaw Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Good Evening TiaSilva,

We value all of our guests feedback, and we are extremely glad to know that your time spent with us was a 5 star one!We strive on providing outstanding service here at Whitelaw Hotel! Ethan is lovely and I will make sure that he is aware of your kind praise! Please come back again soon for another memorable time!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

I had an excellent stay, I loved every minute . The rooms were gorgeous and the staff was very helpful . Our bartender, Ethan, made sure we had our food and drinks and everything was delicious . He was so nice ! I will be staying here again !

• Stayed April 2014
Hello there Martyrae,

There is nothing that we love to read more then wonderful 5 star feedback! We are extremely glad to read that you had such a great time here at Whitelaw Hotel! I will make sure that Ethan is aware of your kind praise! We hope to see you again soon!