“Enjoyable stay throughout” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #89 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable stay throughout”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Upon arriving to this hotel I was a little worried about how dated it looked however, from the very first person to the very last person I met here it made my stay enjoyable and comfortable. Jesus was incredibly helpful upon arrival and departure and nothing was to much trouble.

The rooms were clean and had everything you needed in terms of the cost. Affordable and clean. There wasnt a balcony and the view wasn't the best as it was of the side of the hotel looking at another hotel however we didn't spend much time there so suited us fine. Everyone was very friendly and the pool area was very clean with all amenities at hand. Free water offered and free use of towels and sun loungers with fruit being offered twice a day whilst sunbathing was very nice.

The pool attendants were very helpful especially Jonathon. He was so sweet, polite and helpful every day.

I would recommend this hotel to those who don't want to spend a fortune on accommodation especially if you don't plan to spend much time in the room and are someone looking to use the room as a base to wash and sleep after sunbathing all day and partying all night. I do however think it would be good for families but if you were to spend a bit more time in the room especially at night with the kids then ask for a sea view.

Wifi was free however it was best in your room. By the pool and in the reception area etc it was not very strong and kept cutting out.

Room Tip: Great pool area and great service. Chose a sea view not a side view
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Turkish first
Albury, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

The subject says it all. We had an awful stay here! We arrived at around 4pm but they didn't have the king room that I selected on the booking and said it was only a preference and that we could have a room with 2 queens. I explained to the guy at the desk that I really wanted the king room because that's what I had booked and he basically told me that there was no other option and we had to take the queen room, pay $40/50 extra per night to upgrade OR he could upgrade us to a room with a "great view" for free... but it had no bed so they would get a pull out bed for us... Ughh no! I'm pretty sure I didn't pay $900 to stay on a sofa lounge. Thanks but no thanks. We had been travelling for 4 weeks and were in no mood to argue so agreed to just take the queen room with partial ocean views... After waiting probably 20mins for the elevator (because 2 of them were broken) we got to our room to find the 2 SMALLEST queen beds I've ever seen with a view of a concrete roof... So, I went back down to reception to ask for another room - convenienty enough, they had a king room available after swearing black and blue there was nothing they could do for us when we first checked in as every single king room was taken... We finally got to the other room - it was ok, certainly not worth the money. The TV was outdated, carpet was old and filthy and there was barely no bedding. The staff were friendly at the bar near the pool and food was ok there too. Location is average, if you want something that is walking distance to shops and restaurants then this is not the place for you. You'll have to pay for a taxi anytime you need to eat or want to look at anything.
I wouldn't stay again or recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed for two nights in April 2015. This hotel is in good condition for its age. Situated right on the beach. Room was generous in size,clean and well appointed,everything worked,comfortable beds! Our room faced west with views over the canal properties,very nice! Breakfast is available in restaurant,however we decided to visit the in house bakery that had everything we required,fresh fruit,yoghurt,croissants coffee. Bus to downtown Miami is just out the front of the Hotel..we would highly recommend this Hotel located in the quiet safe location of Miami.

Room Tip: Canal views
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Kenosha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My Mom had I haf a wonderful experience during happy hour this afternoon. Carlo did an amazing job Making sure that we has an enjoyable experience. He went above and beyond to be sure that Mom's drink was to her liking. I am on a low carb diet. He made sure that my snack was healthy and safe. Appreciated his attention and great service.

Room Tip: Loves having a view of ocean and bay.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Florianopolis, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

It is a nice hotel. The room is very confortable and the swimming pool area, too.
The concierge isn't so nice.
And there isn't restaurant after midnight what is problem when we are on vacation.
The spa area also is average.
The restaurant is very beautiful and the food is very nice.
We have oportunity to have our breakfast at the coffee shop whose quality was very good.
The service was nice most of the time.

Room Tip: the highest floor and front beach
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This almost historic resort in the heart of Miami beach has everything you need for a beach front resort stay, Beach/Pool, historic hotel. But lacks on a few of the modern design themes because of the age of this historic building. Room layout is pretty standard, but lacks so of the new stylish design cues one would expect from stylish Miami Beach.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com

Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I found this hotel to be very nice, clean, quite, spacious rooms, friendly staff, and many amenities. It is very close to the bus line and there are plenty of taxis. The hotel is located on a hotel strip and is not close to Lincoln Mall shopping. It is about a 20 minute bus trip at $2.50 each way. Or a 15 minute cab trip at a cost starting at $15.00. The hotel is older but very well maintained. There is a business center, spacious pool, outside bar (Hi Dave) outside snack bar where the food is very good. There is inside dining that seemed a bit pricey. I ordered outside Chinese (lots) and ate on that for the four days.

The resort is just steps from the beach. The water is warm and soothing. There are chairs and umbrellas provided. The resort offers lots of water sports. There is a nice sized gift shop and many other extras. My room was on the 11th floor and was superb. I had a safe, refrigerator and microwave. Large room. The price for 4 days was very reasonable considering it was Miami.

I was very happy with my stay there and will return on my next visit to Miami.

Room Tip: Rooms above the 10th floor
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Been to Miami Beach Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!