“Awesome views from my room!” 4 of 5 stars

Miami Beach Resort and Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4833 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Ranked #84 of 204 Hotels in Miami Beach
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Awesome views from my room!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Large grande hotel that sits on the ocean in north beach. It's away from the action is what I wanted. Beautiful lobby. My room was a corner room with oceanfront and pool views on fourth floor. Awesome, breathtaking views! Room was nicely appointed with a sunken tub. Not new but not outdated. I thought it was perfect! I would definitely stay again. Two reasons I didn't give it an overall 5 ...both due to check in....valet chech in and the concierge on duty that evening. I only stayed one night and did not use the facilities.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Turkish first
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I loved my stay here. My friend got married here over Labor Day weekend and everything was great. I stayed on the tenth floor and loved my spacious room. The bathroom looked newly renovated as well. However, I went to some friends' rooms and they weren't as nice. I think it's definitely a room by room basis at this hotel.
The staff was also great. The doormen were very helpful, carried my bags and hailed cabs for us. Beach access and location was great. Only complaint is that some of the towels in the room were stained with blood. Not sure why they would put those out but I quickly ditched them. I would stay here without hesitation again!

• Stayed September 2013
LAS VEGAS, NEVAADA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Checked in 22 October 2013, Easy check in, staff is very good. Not happy with the room overall. Old, dated and kinda run down. Peeling paint in rooms, carpet and curtains are from the 1980's it seems. I'm sorry, this place good be a top notch hotel if they fixed it up . View from the room was good, looking right at the beach . Peach, pink and yellow paint in the room. Inside part of the windows are stained like rust.
The TV was an old tube type that had really bad reception.

Prices of the food and beverage would be that of a 5 star hotel. Quality of items served are not that good. Would I stay there again ? Probably not, unless I had no other options.

About 28.00 per 24 hours to park your car, and the resort fee I think was about 15-20 extra and mandatory per day. Internet at least worked good.

Definitely could be a real treasure if remodeled.

Stayed October 2013
PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located in Miami Beach , amazing beach view and great price. Room were clean, & nicely decorated as the lobby and other places there. The food in the restaurant was great, I ate salmon .Although our room
was not beach view we have it and the view of the front of the hotel too.I found an offer of $109 per night

• Stayed September 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We had services at this place and we found it very excellent. Staff is so friendly.
We enjoyed the BEACHFRONT ACCOMMODATION. We are planning to visit Miami again and undoubtedly will choose this hotel again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Beaminster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a pleasant hotel. The rooms are large and well appointed - maybe our rooms had been refurbished. They were nice. Some of the staff were pleasant - towel guys, room maids and the valet parkers. However, the reception staff let the hotel down for us. We arrived at midnight (our time) only to find they did not have a booking for us, and said they had no emergency number for Virgin Holidays to check. The person who dealt with us was sullen at best. It was eventually sorted, and we got our rooms; it could have been handled so much better.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Eduardo M, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your most recent visit to the Miami Beach Resort, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you left with a positive overall impression from our staff. Our Front Office Manager also has taken the time to share your feedback regarding the poor check in experience with our guest services staff to insure these types of incidents do not repeat themselves, please accept our most sincere apologies for our shortcomings.

It was a pleasure being able to serve you and we hope you will consider coming back to the Miami Beach Resort on your upcoming visits to South Florida.

Eduardo Moya
Hotel Manager
Ruislip, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We chose this hotel on a last minute website and got sucked into their hype. The hotel looks grand from the entrance with many staff ready to greet you and whisk your car away for valet parking ($28 a day). However the rooms are jaded and tired and in sore need of a refurbishment. Cracked and missing tiles in the bathroom with a huge old fashioned TV inside a cupboard.The gift shop sells sodas but at $4 a can and a tin of beer from the minibar at $8 we decided to wait until we could visit a local Walgreens. Thank goodness it was only one night. The hotel pushed a speedy checkout bill under the door because they were very busy and my advice is that if this happens to you please check the bill. We were charged for 2 days parking and there was another mysterious charge of $16 which was then removed. Choose another hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Eduardo M, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and observations about our Resort. It is with constructive criticism from our guest that we are working towards improving our services and our facilities every day.

Please accept my most sincere apologies our Resort did not live up to your expectations and please do not hesitate to contact me if you feel there is anything we can do to address your concerns. My e-mail is Eduardo.Moya@MBeachResort.com

Eduardo Moya
Hotel Manager

Been to Miami Beach Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!