My stay at Miami Beach Resort and Spa was average, at best. The “resort and spa” has a lot of potentials and needless to say, it is not a luxurious resort. I’ll break down my review of the hotel in strengths and areas for growth.
• Great beach location, hotel has own access to beach. Peaceful and quite lovely.
• Charming landscape (starting behind the pool)
• Helpful general manager, Mr. Moya and helpful customer service from Christina.
• Beautiful lobby
• Cab service ready anytime
• Away from noisy city life (this is also a down factor seeing that there are no businesses within walking distance to enjoy)
• Good size room.
• Beautiful view of ocean (if you have an ocean front room)
• Dual sinks
• Good size pool and relatively clean (eye view)
• Breakfast Buffet – you can customize your own omelets with desired toppings.
• Reasonable Pricing (But see below to see if it is worth staying)
Areas for Growth
• Cleanliness – we stayed at two rooms and both rooms had stains on sheets. We were afraid to question and figure out the source of the stains.
• From the bird eye view of our room, pool is not as clean as envisioned. Large brown stains from pipes are obviously visible from the 14th floor.
• Outdated furniture: bed, TV stand, chairs.
• Carpet has seen better days. I found out through the Fire Exit Path that this hotel was formerly Wyndham.
• Tube TV? Really? I watched a $17.99 movie on a tube TV. Something’s wrong with this.
• Buffet Breakfast (if not included in your hotel, $17!)– Limited options and majority of the options are unhealthy (think diner breakfast food).
• Gym has been poorly maintained
• Basic maintenance and up keeping such as replacing room curtains (two shades of blues), light fixtures on 9th floor nearby elevator was broken, front windows show rust. These are the basics that should not go unnoticed. Everywhere I stop, I can point out of a flaw (not be choice, but obvious observation). In fact these flaws were noticed while I was: waiting for an elevator, waiting for cab, or pulling the curtains to enjoy the ocean front view.
• Location (while good for the beach) – further away from “life.” Expect to rent a car, use the cab, or ride the bus to get to South Beach. Taxi Ride is approximately $11 - $13 to and from South Beach.
I also need to mention that the hotel did not provide me with the room I requested. We requested for a king bed and I called to make sure a king bed was reserved. Hotel agreed and I was pleased. Upon checking in, we received a room with double beds. Since the hotel was fully booked and we were exhausted, we settled. We did not check into our desired room until the third night (beyond half our stay) and we had to pay an upgrade fee. When we checked out, I brought this to the attention with Mr. Moya and he was very patient and understanding to the situation. I did not think it was fair to charge me for an upgrade fee when my original request was not granted. Mr. Moya was approachable and professional and waived the upgrade charges. Along with Christina’s help, the stay was somewhat enjoyable. We truly used the room to sleep and did not enjoy any of the resort activities offered by the hotel (we did not see any activities other than enjoying the pool and drinking by the bar).
Who is the hotel for? Families on a budget or guests in town for a quick stay to enjoy the beach. If you want to enjoy city life and the busy side of Miami, select a hotel closer to South Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern high rise oceanfront resort on a private beach, 12 miles from airport. Minutes from South Beach, on trendy Collins Avenue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, TravelClick, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, Otel, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Miami Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Resort Spa