“Average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #79 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Tampere, Finland
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We spent the christmas 2012 in this hotel. Hotel is ok, not great in any level but not bad either. Pool area is nice, but the sun did't shine there in the late afternoon. Hotel is the smallest one in the neighbourhood and there are no balconies...which is not ok whe you can't open the windows. Rooms are dated, and air conditioning should be renovated...as the entire hotel. There is valet parking only, which works really well - costs 28$/day. Staff was nice, but I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for full or at least partial sea view!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

1,798 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Turkish first
Ryhope
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife and I picked this place for the beach because it had ok reviews, a decent price for and sea views, but mainly because it was right on the beach. With reflection though we made a mistake like other reviewers. The hotel is in need of some upgrades and the cleanliness could be better. The room had peeling paint in the bathrooms and the bed had the uncomfortable mattress I've ever slept on.

The pool does not get much sun throughout the day and like the hotel, could also do with updating. We also thought that it had way too much chlorine in the pool as it stung our eyes the following morning. Once was enough anyway.

Would not rush back to this hotel in its present state, but it could be nice with a little money invested into it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed three nighs at the hotel from January 28-31. I'm not sure where the totally negative reviews for this place are coming from. While I do agree that the place could use a major update (which I understand is planned), it is nowhere near as bad as has been described by some. My room (908) was spacious, clean and comfortable. I had a great view of both the Atlantic as well as the Miami skyline. I guess my only real complaint was the low toilet height (some kind of European thing, I guess). For area, the price was reasonable for the area, but still high in my opinion. Of course, I think any room over $99/night is high!

I'd like to especially thank Rafael at the front desk who made my check-in experience quite pleasant and welcoming.

• Stayed January 2013
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

The sofa and the beach were the highlight of my one night stay at the resort. I arrived approximately at 7:30am. There was miscommunication as to when I'd be arriving, so my room was not ready. I understand that happens, and it was probably my fault. Either way, I needed a long nap before my afternoon meetings as a result of taking the red eye flight. Jaqueline, at the front desk, improvised. Thank goodness. She put me in room 1600, which is a conference room with sofa-bed. She arranged for me to sleep in that room until my room became available. I was able to sleep on the sofa comfortably and was able to get refreshed for my meeting.

By the time, I left for my meetings, my room was ready. I went downstairs to check in, but was disappointed that the bell hop was unable to transfer my bags from my temporary room to my permanent room. The resort has a policy that guests must accompany their bags with the bell hop. First time I've ran into that. After my meetings I went straight to my new room. Of course, my bags weren't there. I had to go through security and meet the bell person on 1600 to get my bags. Inconvenience.

The room was not what I expected in an establishment with the word "resort" in the name of the establishment. Very basic. It had a bed, two night stands, and old sofa chair, which some rips in it. There was a tube television, and a small refershment machine with snacks. The restroom had very poor lighting. The light is placed over the sink, but light does not adequately illuminate the shower area. The fixtures on the sink didn't even match. The walls are thin. My room, 1215, was next to the elevator bank, which meant I can hear the elevators all night. Even the floors have thin barriers. I was awaken at 2am due to the guests above me that kept dropping something on the floor.

They did not include my parked rental car in the bill. I waited outside for the valet to bring the car (valet is required). It wasn't until they brought my car and told me I needed to pay at the front desk. So much for express check out. I waited in line to pay at the front desk. Of course, I was going to pay, but I suggest they make it an option to pay at the valet station or at least inform me of my oversight before bringing the car.

This brings me to the beach. The resort has great access to the beach. The pool looked great, and the bar was located in a good location between the pool and the beach. You need to show your hospital-like band given to you at check in to access the pool and beach. This is a little tacky, but I suppose it works. If you're on vacation to hang out at the beach, pool, or go elsewhere, then this might be a place for you if the price is right. If you'll be using the facilities much or plan on staying in your room for extended periods, then you may want to reconsider depending on your taste.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Eduardo M, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such detailed and constructive review regarding your most recent stay. It is thanks to reviews like yours that our management team can work on improving the services and enhance operational procedures in our Resort.

I am glad you enjoyed the Resort's amenities and that the staff accomodated your request for an early check in. We understand that traveling overnight and arriving very early to a hotel can be exhausting and our guest services team is prepared and empowered to assist.

We are carefully looking at our valet and bellmen procedures to make them as guest friendly as possible without compromising security and the safety of our guest and staff. I sincerely apologize for our shortcomings, we will work on those to insure our future guest do not go through a similar situation.

We sincerely appreciate the privilege to serve you and look forward to regaining your confidence during a future trip to Miami!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Rooms and service was average. Resort restaurant was terrible. Overpriced, poor quality and limited options. Room service woke us up every morning at 8:30am knocking on the door. Noisy room outside lift. Could hear every door bang from surrounding rooms. Food on the breakfast buffet was cold and tasteless. Check your bill. We were charged for mini bar items we never had.

Room Tip: Away from the lifts.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

We are very disappointed to learn your stay was unsatisfactory as it is our intention that each one of our guests has a memorable experience with us. I would sincerely appreciate if you share more details with me regarding your resort experience with me as I am confident we can use your feedback to improve. Our Executive Chef is also very concerned regarding your comments as we take great pride on the food we serve at all three of our restaurants. My contact e-mail is Emoya@luxuryresorts.com

I sincerely apologize for our shortcomings and look forward to speaking with you as it is my goal to insure you are 100% satisfied with our resolution to your concenrs.
Hampshire UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed overnight recently prior to a cruise our friends were also there. We were impressed at check in very friendly and helpful and we were exhausted after a very long flight. We were asked for either a 50$ deposit as we arrived no problem, we asked if room service was still available and were told it was. So far so good, we ordered and my husband signed the bill and we began to eat. What follows was a complete nightmare. The waiter came back and asked for our credit card (by now we were in bed). My husband said he was not going down to please bring the card reader up stairs. A phone call from reception said this was not possible and he would have to go down. This conversation went on for about 45mins, my husban stating that we had already left a deposit. By now his food was cold. to get to the end during the night we had 3 silent phone calls 12.30, 2.30 and 4.45am. Our frinds had an equally bad experience with the waiter coming back and refusing to leave until he had the money. The strange thing is we had a refund on our 50$ as our meal was less. Come on its lovely hotel but what a way to treat customers. By the way we were booked in by Virgin, not good for them either.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

While we are happy to learn that your first impression of the Resort was a positive one, we are disappointed that your stay did not end very well. The Miami Beach Resort has a policy in place that any guest that does not provide a credit card at the time of check in, is unable to charge food and beverage towards their room account. This is the reason the room service staff requested payment at the time of the delivery of your meal and did not allow the charge to the room. Our management team is currently looking at this policy to see if we can make it more guest friendly as well as working on additional training for our staff to better handle situations like the one you described in your review.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconveniences we might have caused you and feel free to contact me at Emoya@luxuryresorts.com if there is something I can do to insure you are satisfied with our resolution to your concerns.
Long Island City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Never felt a need to write a review but after my experience with this "resort" i must warn people to not to waste your money.

Its old. Thin walls. Rude Staff. Got mistakenly charged $250 extra because they thought we had smoked in the room. They sent security up while we weren't in the room and they took the liberty on going through or stuff.

Sunglasses got stolen from our car.

if this isn't enough to warn you i don't know what is.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Eduardo M, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Readers,

In order to insure comfort, hygine and quality of our guestrooms, the Miami Beach Resort has a strict non-smoking policy. In this particular case, evidence of smoking in the room was found by our security team, however under no circumstances are they allowed to search through our guests personal belongings. A $250 cleaning fee was assesed as the room had to be placed out of service in order to be sterilized and deep cleaned due to the heavy smell of cigarretes.

Dear guest, our hotel security or guest services staff never received a report for missing sun glasses from your vehicle. Please contact me ASAP with detailed information so that we can immediately investigate your claim. My contact e-mail is Emoya@luxuryresorts.com

We respectfully ask our Trip Advisor readers to ignore this review as we believe it contains inaccurate information about our Resort's policies and procedures.

For any questions regarding our smoke-free policy, please feel free to contact me at Emoya@luxuryresorts.com

Been to Miami Beach Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!