“Low standard” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #85 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Sydney, Australia
“Low standard”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Nice from the outside, but ageing badly inside:
-bathroom and toilet in poor conditions
-cleaning not done properly (we arrived and some lollies were under the tv cabinet, 2 daysblater they were still there!!!
- expensive breakfast for an average choice and quality ( although the expresso coffee is good)
- noisy! We were on the 14th floor, and with a party the Friday night on the 18th, it was impossible to sleep.
My point is they should at least advise/warn you about it.
-pool area ok
-beach access ok
-service ok

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Eduardo M, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear guest,

Our cleaning staff is extremely embarrased to read your review as we do hold them to a high quality standard. In response to your comments, our Director Housekeeping has taken the liberty to personally re-train the staff assigned to work the 14th floor as well as our quality inspectors to insure these types of incidents to not ocurr in the future. We also disappointed to learn that the catering event held in our famous Starlight Ballroom disrupted your stay. These types of events are held on a regular basis in our Resort, however they are normally not disruptive to the peace of other guests. We are sincerely sorry that particular event created an inconvenience for you and your family.

We are happy to learn that you enjoyed our pool, beach and that the overall service was good. We would love to have you return to our Resort for a future visit to Miami and hope that you will give our team of hospitality professionals another chance. If there is anything I can do to take care of you for the issues you experienced, your may contact me at Emoya@luxuryresorts.com

1,973 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We just came from New orleans as part of our 2 minth trip around the states from Australia. New Orleans was amazing, great character, friendly people and a lovely hotel. Our travel agent made an error booking this hotel, make sure you dont make the same mistake! There are plenty of other options along the beach, use priceline.com! Our biggest issue with this hotel is the customer service we recieved from "Rafael" when we checked in at 11pm. I have never experienced such a rude individual working in the hotel industry! He ended up telling us we could not check in because we did not have the voucher. The room was fully prepaid since October! I asked him if we could check in and I could print it for him tomorrow once I got it from our travel agent and he said no i need the voucher before you stay or I will charge you a $350 fee!! This arguing went of for 5 minutes and it was very uncomfortable for myself and my partner. I had actually called the hotel a day before to ask them about the voucher and a lady told me it was fine and that they didnt need it as all my details where on the computer - he didnt care about this and just kept repeating him self "I need the voucher" "Present the voucher". Eventually he came around (after we walked off trying to contact back home)and we managed to check in and print it the next day using there computers which cost $12 for 5 minutes!! We had housecleaning banging on our door at 8:30am!! I am sending this review from our room on the slowest wifi in the northern hemisphere. The rooms are old and not worth $250 a night!! Choose some where else, wish we did!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

On behalf of our staff or guest services professionals, we would like to sincerely apologize for the issue you experienced during check in. Our Front Office Management team is currently conducting addtional training to insure these types of incidents to not ocurr in the future. Our Resort experienced issues with our internet provider during a few days but since your visit, we have upgraded our internet service and it works very well. Internet service is provided to our guest on a complimentary basis.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and if there is anything I can do to regain your confidence, please do not hesitate to contact me at Emoya@luxuryresorts.com
Brecon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Reasonable Hotel on 48th Collins Ave.
Access to beach is easy and there is a good swimming pool for those who prefer to stay next to the hotel
Breakfast is the standard buffet type around $18 but that already includes a 18% service charge.
This is what this hotel seems to be all about - ie maximising the money they take off you.
Bottle of Bud - $8
$5 minimum charge for using the internet
$30for a 3 hr late check out - $60 for a 6 hr late check out.
There is also the standard valet parking charge - i didn't use it as I do not drive

Rooms are tidy but all the doors seemed to be out of alignment as every time someone shut one it sounded like a gun shot.

There is a small shop in the basement selling basics such as sun tan oil - sweets drinks etc but this didn't do it self any favours by running out of papers very early every morning. With the Hotel full due to the BCS Championship game you would have thought they would have ordered some more but this didn't seem to cross their minds.

You really need a car if using this hotel as there are no food stores or shops within 10 blocks either side of the hotel

If it wasn't for the stingy attitude of the Hotel you could really enjoy a stay here as most of the staff were friendly and helfull.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Eduardo M, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Resort and sharing your experiences with us. It is very important for our team of hospitality professionals to share with you and other Trip Advisor readers that our main goal is to provide a memorable guest experience and not to make our guest feel there is no value o that we overcharge the services we provide.

Our Resort provides complimentary wireless internet in all guestrooms so if you were charged a fee for usage, please contact me immediately to insure a full refund is provided. Our $28 valet parking as well as breakfast and late check out service fees are standard fees in for hotels in the area with our rates being one of the lowest compared to other hotels in Miami Beach.

Our cleaning staff is very happy to read your comments regarding the cleanliness of the room. Our maintenance team is currently servicing all door closures to minimize the noise caused by the doors when being closed by other guests.

If you have any questions or require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail at Emoya@luxuryresorts.com
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I spent New Year's eve week which ended with BCS College Football Championship game NDame x Alabama in Miami so Hotel was pretty full for the whole week. We were concerned with reviews and long waiting for services in view of high demand from elevators to breakfast, room service or even to get our car from parking crew but everything was ok. In fact parking crew was superb and during 8 days in different times, we never waited more than 3-5 mins for our car. We used room service in 2 different nights without delays. Said so we wound't mind if room service menu had more options... For sure one needs to avoid elevator rush hours as everyone wanted to get out from 9.30 to 10.30am but we had a good stay at the end. The Hotel is not modern but is still good. Our standard room was big and with plenty of closets. The bathroom was ok and so was water pressure. Soaps, shampoos and conditioners were replaced daily. TV set was not plasma but worked fine and there is a mini bar just in case. The breakfast buffet was good and there was a coffee shop in front of the restaurant if we wanted to eat less or take something to go. In addition the Hotel has a convenience store and other shops. Beach service (chairs/ lounges or umbrellas) are paid as in any other Hotel around the area which is kind of ridiculous... Swimming pool could be bigger but is ok and is kept warm in winter (if one can call Miami at 75F winter...rsrs). As Hotel is a little smaller than others around, shadow coming from others force you to chase the sun after a certain hour of the day. Fitness facility was ok for someone looking to remain in shape during few days. The free wifi internet worked great for 5 days and then did not work for the last 3 days of our stay ( it would have been a big deal for me if I had to work... though I imagine I woud have found a solution paying some fee... ). Hotel employees were nice and tried to please our needs.The Hotel is beach front and for half of the price of others around, it is a good deal as long as you do not mind the fact it's room decorations and technology equipments (TV/ others) are not updated and make you think you are back to late 90's...rsrsrs

Room Tip: All the rooms in Hotel have some sort of view. The best rooms have full ocean view (beach front room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Egg, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This hotel is ok. The prices are ok.
Has seen it's best days but fine for a few nights.
The room doors are quite loud when closing. Therefore you can hear when one of the neighbors on the floor comes home.
Had a little issue when checking. My breakfast bill was 58 USD even I was just by myself and remembered having signed for about 20 USD. The girl at the front desk did not believe me and went over to the restaurant to check it out. Took her about 15 minutes and the line behind me grew from 2 people to about 20. She did not seem to care on her quest for 38 USD.
At the end the friendly waiter had to come and sort things out. I left with a smile under the dirty looks of the 20 people behind me.
All I can say... It is an ok place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Eduardo M, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Your comments are very valuable and have been a topic of discussion with our guest services staff. Thanks to your review, we have made improvements to our check out procedures to insure that any billing questions or discrepancies are handled more efficiently by our staff. Our most sincere apologies for the noise that was caused by slamming doors, while it is not a common issue experienced by our guests, we are working diligently in finding a possible solution to that as well.

We would also like to note that the pictures posted on our website were taken in April of 2012 so they are less than a year old. As a suggestion to our Trip Advisor readers, we recommend looking at the pictures posted by other Miami Beach Resort guests posted on this site.

Thank you for your review and we sincerely hope to regain your confidence for any upcoming trips to Miami.
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in early December as part of a conference group. My room was robbed while I was at the conference - thankfully, I had my laptop and valuables with me. I reported the incident to security, and they simply wouldn't follow up. No report to the police, no internal investigation with the cleaning staff (there was no sign of forced entry into the room). They did offer me a mobile phone charger to replace the one that had been stolen, but even that came from some box of mobile phone chargers that people had left behind in their rooms, which seemed odd - I thought the reason for keeping them was to return them to their rightful owners.
I've been to Florida dozens of time, but this level of indifference set a new high watermark even by Floridian standards.
So, be warned - don't leave anything in your room.
Also be warned that you'll be charged a hefty "spa fee" regardless of whether you use the spa.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Miamifun_9, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear guest,

Our management staff is extremely surprised about the contents of your review regarding an alleged theft. Our security staff did conduct an investigation and we can assure you that our cleaning staff did not take your phone charger. On the contrary, our Security Manager took the time to find a replacement phone charger and was able to solve the issue you reported. Our lost and found policy mirrors the Florida Inkeeper's law as we keep all lost and found items for 30 days unless they are claimed. The phone charger given to you had been in our lost and found office unclaimed for 4 months so we took the liberty to give you the charger as a courtesy.

I would also take the time to clarify that the Miami Beach Resort does not charge a Spa fee as you mentioned in your review. However, we do have a nightly $12 resort fee which includes complimentary Wi-Fi internet, daily newspaper and phone calls from your room among other benefits.

We respectfully ask our Trip Advisor readers to please disregard this review as it contains inaccurate information about our Resort. For any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at emoya@luxuryresorts.com