“nice way to finish our cruise.” 3 of 5 stars

Miami Beach Resort and Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4833 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Ranked #84 of 204 Hotels in Miami Beach
york
“nice way to finish our cruise.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

we stayed here after our tranatlantic cruise from barcelona,and although the reviews for this hotel were not that good.we loved it.good welcome from the door and luggage staff.lovely entrance hall.and welcoming reception staff.had to wait for our room,but allowed to use the pool,pool bar, beach,and free wi-fi.big rooms,dated but clean and tidy.first thing i checked was the bedsheets,which were clean,and crisp.hotel is quite a distance away from the action of miami,but as we were only here for two nights,we ate in the bistro bar.food good,drinks abit pricey,but we are in a hotel!!!!! happy hour from 17.30-19.00,and we enjoyed that.in all a good experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Miamifun_9, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Our staff at the Miami Beach Resort is very pleased to learn about your positive experience with us. We are glad you took advantage of the great amenities we have to offer including complimentary internet and our very popular happy hour at the bar!

Thank you for taking the time to review our Resort and we hope to welcome you back for a future visit to Miami.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I picked this place for a recent last minute long weekend trip to the beach because it had average reviews, a decent rate for and ocean view and mainly because it was right on the beach. Plus we are both pretty low-frill so were only looking for beach access and ocean views. Looking back though, we realize we made a huge mistake in our selection. Like other reviewers, the hotel is in need of some upgrades.... Old tv with broken remotes (we had to order from housekeeping twice), peeling paint in the bathrooms, and the most uncomfortable mattress I've ever slept in (and I've slept in a sleeping bag on the bare floor while camping in the rain). But thats all cosmetic and liveable. The worst part comes withthe rest of the "amenities". As mentioned by others, don't expect to get sunshine at the pool or beach after 1-2p as the buildings next door cast a shadow over each...we even remarked our last day looking out of our 15th floor ocean view room (the only positive) that it looked like a dark cloud was over just our space...an ominous sign...ha! We also walked to the beach once and never went back...it was shady, dirty, and after paying a "resort" fee to just sit out at the pool with a small towel, we didnt feel like paying more money to rent chairs on the beach. Also wear goggles in the pool...we both had the most searing pain in our eyes from the chlorine for about three hours after we swam for about 15 minutes. Valet is also the only place to park, and at $28 a day, that with the resort fee, were real game changers to the great deal we thought we'd found. Also, valet took forever every time we wanted to leave and we were rushed and hovered over every time we returned to get out of our car quickly. Food at this place is expensive and subpar for the price. I don't mind spending money on good food, but $5 for a cup of coffee I pour myself and a banana is ridiculous, even for overpriced hotel food. Breakfast buffet is also ok, but not worth $18. We drove into south beach or other areas for the rest of our meals because there is NOTHING around this hotel.

I took a couple of days to relax from the negative experience we had hoping in hindsight it wouldn't be as bad as I remembered, but for two people who can be pretty happy most anywhere and have travelled extensively here and abroad, we both agree this is our worst hotel experience, and just wanted to share with anyone else who was considering staying here. Others seem to like it though, so maybe we did just have a bad travel karma bug when we walked through the door here.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are very appreciative for your comments as it is our intention to continually improve our services. Our staff has reviewed your comments and we would like to sincerely apologize for the poor experience.

If there is anything I can do to regain your confidence, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We had a great time. Stayed for 5 nights to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We did eat in the hotel restuarant one night and the food and service was great. The pool area was just as it was advertised on their website. As previously stated, the hotel is not in an area where it is convenient to walk to other restuarants, stores, pharmacy etc. Staying in South Beach area is more condusive to that, but much noisier. We were not excited about paying for parking, but until you actually get to this area and realize that there really is no other place to park and this is a much more secure place, it is just an expense you have to add in. Thanks Eduardo for ensuring our accomodations were what we wanted!!

Room Tip: The bay room views were nicer since the lights from the city and the reflection from the bay were re...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Miamifun_9, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are quite honored to have been chosen as the place you wanted to celebrate a special date such as your 25th year anniversary! We are extremely excited to learn that the celebration and your time with us was memorable and we sincerely appreciate you sharing your memories and comments with our Trip Advisor readers.

We look forward to having you back for your 26th year Anniversary!
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I was in Miami on business for 17 days, the first 10 were in the Days Inn down the street (Read "Spithole") the last few days was here. My goodness what an upgrade. Front desk staff was not only professional but personable with good sense of humor. Started us out on the right foot. Classical styling and music made it a neat experience. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the view was spectacular. Breakfast resturant was lovely. Tiki bar/lunch place outside was just what the doctor ordered. Right on the beach is fantastic. Housekeeping was on top of their game. I had my clothes laundered, which cost $80 but was worth every penny.

Negatives:

The coffee shop would be nicer if it was more like a starbucks with a counter and everything. Its pretty much just a coffee maker on a counter and you make the drink yourself then pay the attendant. I wish it was a bit fancier.

Watch out for the wildlife if you eat lunch out by the pool, the birds are ruthless and the squirrel is nuts (ha) they wont leave you alone. He literally climbed up on my friends' chair, under his arm to try and steal a french fry. My buddy freaked out when he put his arm on the little guy. It was annoying to the point we didnt want to eat there one day. Not really the fault of the hotel, but i think I saw a staff member feeding the animals.

If you plan on laying out in the sun, do it before 1pm because the two 40 story towers next door block all the rays. I was getting up and moving every 15 minutes to remain in the sun beam.

It kind of stunk that the hotel was basically in the middle of a row of condos, which meant there wasnt anything within walking distance. You need to take a cab pretty much anywhere.

All together though, this place was great and I would love to come back again.

Room Tip: Higher the better, the views are great whether on oceanside or bayside.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
medford nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Good deal especially with free decent bottle of wine and comped dinner. Drawback is lack of grocery store, drug store, cheap eats etc. wthin 20 min walk one way. Pleasant staff. Not trendy, middle class and largely foreign guests. Nice large, warm pool and decent public beach. Would consider public parking lot two blocks south and rental car if exploring South Beach, etc.

• Stayed November 2012
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Location on the Ocean was very nice. Our room on the 14th floor had a view of Ocean to the left and Intracoastal and Miami to the right. Straight on was another building. Pool area was fine and Beach area nice. Didn't eat in hotel for breakfast...heard it wasn't good. Room needed updating: needs flat screen tv, magnifing mirror and safe would have been nice. Tons of closets though.
Lobby attractive

Room Tip: Our room was 1416 near elevator...was quiet but faces Condo head on but side views were beautiful
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Martinsville, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Was recently here for a conference. Was scheduled to stay an additional two days but paid the early check-out fee of $100 just to get out. . . . Like another reviewer has already commented, you are charged for everything. There are no restaurants within walking distance. Or actually, there are, but they are within other hotels and not marked. On my smartphone I was able to pull some up and review the menus. The hotel next door had a restaurant and a steak dinner for one person cost $99. And NO I did not misplace the decimal. The hotels breakfast cost $18 per person, there was a $28 per day valet charge. Lunch options were unique. I thought the turkey BLT sounded good until I read it was on Cranberry bread. The pool area was nice with live music and fruit. However, it is in the shade by 2:00 p.m., so then we went to the beach and because of all the other high rise hotels, it was also in the shade and trash littered the beach. Not some place I would visit on my own. When we first walked in the door, the staff and other guests, litteraly sized us up, looked us over real good and then gave us the impressions that we did not belong. However, the day of my meeting, I was dressed differently and many spoke to me. My 12 year old felt very uncomfortable with how we were being treated. Our money spends just like anybody else's. And yes, at one time I even owned a SAAB. The room was nothing fancy. It did have a walk in closet which was nice. Our room overlooked both the bay and ocean and the metal rooftop below. The windows were dirty. I tried to plug in my laptop and the plug kept falling out of the wall. The hotel is trying to be upscale, but not successful. The lobby is nice but the rooms and attitudes of both the staff and those staying there need to be adjusted. We got out of there as soon as we possibly could and scooted up the road to Surfiside. Much better experience there at the Best Western Oceanfront hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Our Management team has read and looked into your comments regarding your visit to our Resort. We are quite surprised to read about our staff's attitude towards your family as our management team spends a lot of time training and promoting good hospitality. Their response to you is completely unacceptable and has been addressed to insure it does not happen again with any other guest.

On behalf of the staff of the Miami Beach Resort we would like to sincerely apologize for our shortcomings. Please feel free to contact me via e-mail at Emoya@luxuryresorts.com if there is anything I can do to regain your confidence.

Been to Miami Beach Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!