“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Greenview Hotel

Save Saved
You added Greenview Hotel to your Saves list
Greenview Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1671 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #194 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We booked the Greenview Hotel for 3 nights at the end of our holiday. This is a 3* hotel but in my view should be a 2*. Upon arriving the general reception area was OK - but once we got into the lift the real hotel began to show its face! The best way to describe the lift is "tiny/antique" but then I guess we should have been grateful there was a lift. The hallway to our room did not smell very nice and once we reached our room the smell of bleach was overpowering. We opened the windows (which would not stay open but came crashing down a few times) but this didn't help. The room was OK - clean looking bed sheets and modern laminate flooring. However, that flooring was not cleaned on a daily basis and so slippers were definitely needed. The bedside table and dressing table were sticky. The bathroom was tiny and in desperate need of a total re-fit. The tap was so loose we had to hold on to it when turning it on. The tiles on the floor and in the shower were appalling - broken in places and the grouting dirty. The stairs were not regularly hoovered - each day there would be cornflakes or such like scattered around. The breakfast was OK but was not replenished and so if you didn't get up first thing you had to take what was left (and we were getting up at 8:30am). We couldn't wait to check out. The plus side to this hotel is its excellent location but all in all I wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

383 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Turkish first
Lexington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The hotel was located very close to shopping, food, and the beach. It needs some updating like central air because our air conditioner leaked all over the floor and under our bed. I also wasn't excited to find hair on the shower walls. They need to clean better and mop the floors more than what they do. Some of the staff was very friendly. My main concern was bed bugs and I did not see any. So all in all it was an ok stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
GREEN1671, Guest Relations Manager at Greenview Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for all the positives you mentioned. I do apologize for the experience you went through with the hair in the shower wall, this is an extremely rare occurrence and we do take necessary steps to ensure that this does not happen again. Whenever you are ready to come back please free to reach out to me directly, I would be more happy to personally handle your reservation. You can reach me at info@greenviewhotel.com. I am looking forward to hearing from you!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I liked this hotel! The location is very convenient and we enjoyed the clean environment. The staff was very professional and friendly at all times. I would like to especially mention Micaela, who guided me and my friends to the best restaurants and attractions around. I felt at home.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such an encouraging review. It is always pleasing to read reviews like this and that you had wonderful experiences with us. I will be sure to forward your kind and motivating words to our front desk staff specially to Micaela. Whenever you are ready to come back please free to reach out to me directly, I would be more happy to personally handle your reservation. You can reach me at info@greenviewhotel.com. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

All the best,
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I'm not used to write reviews, but always there is a first time... my personal experience in this boutique Hotel was as a business trip, very quick check in and there was a long line, thanks to MICAELA B. she was very professional in every aspect, I recommend to ask her about the restaurant and staff to do in South Beach, I didn't have much time to spend to visit the attractions, but once again thanks to the charming and well trained receptionist MICAELA B. she recommended to go Ocean Drive my last night and it was a very good choice. Housekeeping was very cordial and detailed, Im one of those person that I personally like a fresh and clean room, I want to thank for this to Elsa and Nelly.

I had an issue with my reservation was charged twice, it was late at night , Micaela B. was there and she didn't have the authorization to make a reimbursement and I was kind of angry, cause i know how small hotel works, they always tell you to come in the morning to speak with a manager or someone in charge, and I thought i cant cause I have a convention very early, but i was surprised when she contact the manager Paola and she over the phone was giving intructions to make the reimbursement, that is what i called great customer service.

PROS:
1. Only "ONE" block from convention center.
2. GREAT SERVICE, Thanks to Micaela B. and Alejandro F.
3. Walking distance from everything, not need of car.

CONS:
1. Poor breakfast.
2.Small elevator, its like one person can fit only.
3. Lobby bathroom need improvement.

I highly recommend this hotel.....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for you for staying with us again and for taking the time to fill out such a kind review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the staff and your experience with us. Please feel free to contact to me at info@greenviewhotel.com whenever you are looking to return, I would be happy to help you with your next and future stays.

Warm regards,
Grand Rapids, MI , United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel on our Trip to Florida, and We just Loved it !!!
I highly recommend this Hotel to everyone, very clean, they are Friendly, Nice, Good Location.............it's so Nice !!! = )

WE Look forward for our next vacations

Valerie, Grand Rapids, MI

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valerie,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your most recent experience at Greenview Hotel, your feedback is greatly appreciated. It brings me great joy to know that you had such a good time at the hotel and that the service was outstanding. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Best Regards,
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

When searching out the perfect place to stay in south florida, a friend had recommended that it is easier to maneuver thru South Beach if you stay near Lincoln Rd. I was doing business at the Miami Beach Convention center so I found the Greenview Hotel. It's right across the street from the Convention Center. A cool covered parking garage around the corner kept my car out of the blistering heat.When I need ed to go into the heart of South Beach there was always a taxi nearby to take me, that is the ONLY way to go. I didn't have to worry about parking near the clubs or driving after I had a few. The Greenview Hotel staff was pleasant from the time I walked in. Every morning fresh hot coffee and continental breakfast is waiting downstairs. I found the in-room safe (with changeable combination) very convenient. The room included very clean linens and bathroom. They even provided a blow dryer. Most of all it was cool a/c, wind down with the Big Screen TV and remarkably insulated and QUIET.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. If you have special needs ask for a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Majicroy,
Thank you very much for the excellent review! It was a pleasure to have you and I couldn't be happier that you had a great time. It sounds like you experienced the best that we have to offer here. We'll look forward to having you back as soon as possible!

All The Best,
Washington DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is my first that I write a bad review in Tripadvisor. I usually like to use the reviews to celebrate the effort, quality and great service of the places I visit. I go to Miami twice a year and have stayed several times at Greenview. I liked the location and the simplicity of the place. But despite of being frequent guest we were very rudely awaken at 10:00 am after a late night to let us know that we will be automatically charge $50 if we were not checked out by 11:00. We asked if we could have a couple of have a couple of hours since checking was not until 3:00 and were very rudely denied. The receptionist Micaela B was unprofessional and almost violent. It is just a pity that a place like this do not have the professional staff to treat clients as guest. If there is one thing any hotel can afford is good manners. It is a pity that for 50 dollars the lost good clients!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Greenview Hotel? Share your experiences!