“Right in the Heart of South Beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Greenview Hotel

You added Greenview Hotel to your Saves list
Greenview Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1671 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #170 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Melbourne, Florida
“Right in the Heart of South Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

When searching out the perfect place to stay in south florida, a friend had recommended that it is easier to maneuver thru South Beach if you stay near Lincoln Rd. I was doing business at the Miami Beach Convention center so I found the Greenview Hotel. It's right across the street from the Convention Center. A cool covered parking garage around the corner kept my car out of the blistering heat.When I need ed to go into the heart of South Beach there was always a taxi nearby to take me, that is the ONLY way to go. I didn't have to worry about parking near the clubs or driving after I had a few. The Greenview Hotel staff was pleasant from the time I walked in. Every morning fresh hot coffee and continental breakfast is waiting downstairs. I found the in-room safe (with changeable combination) very convenient. The room included very clean linens and bathroom. They even provided a blow dryer. Most of all it was cool a/c, wind down with the Big Screen TV and remarkably insulated and QUIET.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. If you have special needs ask for a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
GREEN1671, Guest Relations Manager at Greenview Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Majicroy,
Thank you very much for the excellent review! It was a pleasure to have you and I couldn't be happier that you had a great time. It sounds like you experienced the best that we have to offer here. We'll look forward to having you back as soon as possible!

All The Best,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Turkish first
Washington DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is my first that I write a bad review in Tripadvisor. I usually like to use the reviews to celebrate the effort, quality and great service of the places I visit. I go to Miami twice a year and have stayed several times at Greenview. I liked the location and the simplicity of the place. But despite of being frequent guest we were very rudely awaken at 10:00 am after a late night to let us know that we will be automatically charge $50 if we were not checked out by 11:00. We asked if we could have a couple of have a couple of hours since checking was not until 3:00 and were very rudely denied. The receptionist Micaela B was unprofessional and almost violent. It is just a pity that a place like this do not have the professional staff to treat clients as guest. If there is one thing any hotel can afford is good manners. It is a pity that for 50 dollars the lost good clients!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This was the worst hotel experience I have ever had.

After seeing some of the bad reviews posted on here, we were a bit hesitant to stay at the Greenview, but I attributed the poor reviews to customers having never stayed in a boutique hotel before. I have stayed in boutique hotels all around the world, so I know that they shouldn't really be compared with big hotel chains.

That being said, the management comments on here are blaming a lot of their issues on "boutique" status which is a shame because it might deter customers from staying at LEGITIMATE boutique hotels in the future.

Now for our experience:

We arrived with friends having prebooked 2 rooms with king size beds. They told us that these rooms were not available, that all they had were rooms with two double beds. We showed our receipt that clearly stated we booked rooms with kings, but they said all rooms were taken except for these two. So we went to look at them.

Upon walking into 116, the smell of bleach would almost choke you out. It was so awful that we couldn't even stay in the room to look around. Not sure what happened here before we got there, but it must have been bad. 114 was an okay room, but the AC made a ton of noise...like wake-you-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night-every-time-it-starts noise (which it did). I can sleep through sirens outside my window, garbage trucks working next door and parties on the floor above me...but this AC was louder than all of those.

We went back to the front desk and asked to speak to the manager. They gave us an email address. We asked for a phone number, but they said all they were allowed to give was an email address and that they had already emailed about the situation. Obviously, an email address in our hands now wouldn't solve the situation.

One of the ladies then decided that she had an open room with a king size bed... She took us upstairs to look at it and as she was unlocking it, she heard people inside and said, "Oh, they must have put people in here." If she even thought this was available, why was this room not offered to us in the first place?

Back downstairs, once they insisted that there was no way to speak to management at this point, we cancelled the rest of our stay here but kept the original night as there was nowhere else to go at this point. We all squeezed into the two double beds in the non bleach room and woke up every couple hours to the screaming air conditioner.

Checking out the next morning, the lady asked why we canceled our stay. When we were telling her, she said, "Oh no, they tried to put you in 116?" That's always a good sign.

If you don't listen to my review and choose to stay here anyway:
1. Don't be surprised if they put you with two doubles when your receipt says one king size bed.
2. Don't be surprised if you can't sleep due to breathing in too much bleach
3. Don't be surprised if the noise from your AC wakes you up every 2 hours
4. Don't be surprised if the management really doesn't care and refuses to do anything about it
5. Don't be surprised if you're cancelling your stay and checking out the next morning

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Some people have said it is overpriced, but you are paying for is the location and in comparison to other hotels in the area, its a bargain!! It is located only a few mins from the beach and right in the heart of some of the best restaurants and shops on Lincoln ave. The pickup point for tours is also right outside the hotel, so this is convenient for early morning pick-ups. Room was a good size, clean, comfy beds, air-con was good and you dont need a key in any slot to keep it going like so many other hotels ask for - maid service was great too, the beds got changed every day. Free easy to use safe and walk in wardrobe. Friendly staff, I felt safe there and the wifi was good!!

If you cant afford the hotels on Collins Ave (beach) and you are not bothered about a pool, then the Greenview is for you - perfect for a weekend getaway where you spend no time in the room.

Room Tip: We had a room close to reception on the ground/1st floor, easy and convenient. You can also leave yo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
GREEN1671, General Manager at Greenview Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Greenview Hotel, reviews such as these make us very proud as we strive daily to over deliver on customer service and hospitality and to say perfect is truly an honor!! Being that South Beach has numerous boutique hotels, our goal at the Greenview is to separate ourselves from the competition by offering service levels that are second to none. We hope to invite you back to south beach soon so you can enjoy the Greenview Hotel once again.

Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Dirty overpriced room would not stay here again. No amenities, breakfast is a joke, beds were cheap, rooms were plain. The homeless hotel next door in the empty parking lot was a great view. Only positive was it was right across from the filmore where we went for a concert.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Derrick,
We apologize for not having been up to your standards. Should you have mentioned something to our management team while you were still here, I can assure we would have done everything possible to make your stay more pleasant. The Greenview Hotel has a lot to offer but if you did not feel this was the place for you.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

we went with my husband after our honeymoon and we left very happy with the choice we made.
we felt very comfortable with the room and the service it was very clean and, the location is ideal for exploring the city,
the breakfast was ok, and the front desk people is very polite.
it was really like de webpage and that was one of the things that pleased me, i have no surprises, i had what i expeted.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Carolina,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. You got it! We have a the perfect combination of service, location and price. Next time you come to Miami Beach do not hesitate to book with us!

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE!!!

This is a copy of the email that was sent to the front desk and to the GM: Paola Cordoba, without any response. It was also extremely difficult to make the reservation as Ms. Cordoba would not respond to my phone calls regarding the 15% discount that she had offered to me and assured me that she would make. This only happened after 4 phone calls where I left messages with the front desk but she would never call me back and I sent her three emails during that time as well without a response.

"Apparently the satisfaction and retention of your guests is not a priority or concern. While my sister and I stayed at your hotel last week (June 19-23) we had some very unpleasant occurrences. The first of these was the swarm of ants that we discovered one night (the 20th or 21st I believe) upon returning to our room. My sister called your front desk to speak with them about this and she was told: "What do you want me to do about it?" To which she responded, "Get rid of them." The front desk attendant said that, "There's no pest control here at night. I'll have them come in the morning." She asked, "What can be done about it tonight?" The desk attendant said "I can see if there is any spray around and bring it up." He also commented that, "This is Miami...we have a lot bugs ya know and its summer." As if this is validation for us having these ants in our room. After waiting about 15-20mins in our room on the third floor of a four floor building I went into my luggage for the bug spray that I had and sprayed everything down. The attendant NEVER came to our room.

The next issue what the following day around 4pm when we returned to our room and met the housekeeper who was in the midst of cleaning our room. While my sister explained to her about the ant problem we had, I noticed (and took a picture of ) the garbage bag that the housekeeper had placed on my BED on top of my personal belongs. THIS IS WITHOUT SAYING VERY DISGUSTING AND DISTURBING. To make matters worse when she left she did not hang up the towels, but left them on the corner of the table and she LEFT THE GARBAGE ALL TOGETHER! I had to put it in the hall. Also while my sister was telling her about the ants she looked at the table and said, "Yeah, they're dead." We both responded in telling her about the spray I used and asked if she could clean and spray the desk so the ants don't return. She let's us know that there had been sugar spilt inside the nightstand. This was even more disturbing since neither my sister or myself had eaten anything in our room at this point. Which only leads to our room having not been adequately cleaned or prepared prior to our arrival.

Upon our day of departure I told the front desk attendant who was there in the morning about all of the issues that we had been encountering and she told us that management would get back to us about it and in regards to proper compensation for our poor stay.

That was Sunday June 23, 2013, it is now Friday June 28, 2013 and I have not received any communication regarding our experiences. I must implore you to address this matter as soon as possible else I will have to take further actions.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business