“Clean, friendly - amazing location!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Greenview Hotel

Save Saved
You added Greenview Hotel to your Saves list
Greenview Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1671 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #195 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
London, United Kingdom
“Clean, friendly - amazing location!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Some people have said it is overpriced, but you are paying for is the location and in comparison to other hotels in the area, its a bargain!! It is located only a few mins from the beach and right in the heart of some of the best restaurants and shops on Lincoln ave. The pickup point for tours is also right outside the hotel, so this is convenient for early morning pick-ups. Room was a good size, clean, comfy beds, air-con was good and you dont need a key in any slot to keep it going like so many other hotels ask for - maid service was great too, the beds got changed every day. Free easy to use safe and walk in wardrobe. Friendly staff, I felt safe there and the wifi was good!!

If you cant afford the hotels on Collins Ave (beach) and you are not bothered about a pool, then the Greenview is for you - perfect for a weekend getaway where you spend no time in the room.

Room Tip: We had a room close to reception on the ground/1st floor, easy and convenient. You can also leave yo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
GREEN1671, General Manager at Greenview Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Greenview Hotel, reviews such as these make us very proud as we strive daily to over deliver on customer service and hospitality and to say perfect is truly an honor!! Being that South Beach has numerous boutique hotels, our goal at the Greenview is to separate ourselves from the competition by offering service levels that are second to none. We hope to invite you back to south beach soon so you can enjoy the Greenview Hotel once again.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Dirty overpriced room would not stay here again. No amenities, breakfast is a joke, beds were cheap, rooms were plain. The homeless hotel next door in the empty parking lot was a great view. Only positive was it was right across from the filmore where we went for a concert.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Derrick,
We apologize for not having been up to your standards. Should you have mentioned something to our management team while you were still here, I can assure we would have done everything possible to make your stay more pleasant. The Greenview Hotel has a lot to offer but if you did not feel this was the place for you.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

we went with my husband after our honeymoon and we left very happy with the choice we made.
we felt very comfortable with the room and the service it was very clean and, the location is ideal for exploring the city,
the breakfast was ok, and the front desk people is very polite.
it was really like de webpage and that was one of the things that pleased me, i have no surprises, i had what i expeted.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Carolina,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. You got it! We have a the perfect combination of service, location and price. Next time you come to Miami Beach do not hesitate to book with us!

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE!!!

This is a copy of the email that was sent to the front desk and to the GM: Paola Cordoba, without any response. It was also extremely difficult to make the reservation as Ms. Cordoba would not respond to my phone calls regarding the 15% discount that she had offered to me and assured me that she would make. This only happened after 4 phone calls where I left messages with the front desk but she would never call me back and I sent her three emails during that time as well without a response.

"Apparently the satisfaction and retention of your guests is not a priority or concern. While my sister and I stayed at your hotel last week (June 19-23) we had some very unpleasant occurrences. The first of these was the swarm of ants that we discovered one night (the 20th or 21st I believe) upon returning to our room. My sister called your front desk to speak with them about this and she was told: "What do you want me to do about it?" To which she responded, "Get rid of them." The front desk attendant said that, "There's no pest control here at night. I'll have them come in the morning." She asked, "What can be done about it tonight?" The desk attendant said "I can see if there is any spray around and bring it up." He also commented that, "This is Miami...we have a lot bugs ya know and its summer." As if this is validation for us having these ants in our room. After waiting about 15-20mins in our room on the third floor of a four floor building I went into my luggage for the bug spray that I had and sprayed everything down. The attendant NEVER came to our room.

The next issue what the following day around 4pm when we returned to our room and met the housekeeper who was in the midst of cleaning our room. While my sister explained to her about the ant problem we had, I noticed (and took a picture of ) the garbage bag that the housekeeper had placed on my BED on top of my personal belongs. THIS IS WITHOUT SAYING VERY DISGUSTING AND DISTURBING. To make matters worse when she left she did not hang up the towels, but left them on the corner of the table and she LEFT THE GARBAGE ALL TOGETHER! I had to put it in the hall. Also while my sister was telling her about the ants she looked at the table and said, "Yeah, they're dead." We both responded in telling her about the spray I used and asked if she could clean and spray the desk so the ants don't return. She let's us know that there had been sugar spilt inside the nightstand. This was even more disturbing since neither my sister or myself had eaten anything in our room at this point. Which only leads to our room having not been adequately cleaned or prepared prior to our arrival.

Upon our day of departure I told the front desk attendant who was there in the morning about all of the issues that we had been encountering and she told us that management would get back to us about it and in regards to proper compensation for our poor stay.

That was Sunday June 23, 2013, it is now Friday June 28, 2013 and I have not received any communication regarding our experiences. I must implore you to address this matter as soon as possible else I will have to take further actions.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thunder Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed here post cruise. The room is simple, has everything you need, safe in the closet and hairdryer. Clean and comfortable bed. Breakfast meets your needs. Very close to convention center, Lincoln Mall, Holocaust memorial and short walk to South beach. Check in is late, but as stated in earlier reviews, you can leave your luggage tucked in the corner at the front desk. Short ride to the airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GREEN1671, General Manager at Greenview Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Hello and I hope all is well. We are pleased that you enjoyed the hotel. Thank you for choosing The GreenView Hotel and for your nice comments. We look forward to seeing you again.
BROOKLYN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Greenview is a good deal. The rooms are not expensive, but they are large and clean.
The staff speakes many languages, pero espanol esta la primera lengua (smile) . The breakfast is basic and not so great. The valet parking is terrible. No swimming pool , but a small graden to have breakfast in. The best part is that you are in the heart of South Beach and just down the street from the Jackie Gleason theater.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Greenview Hotel past March for 3 days and our experience was great! The staff is very nice and attentive. The room was very modern considering the rest of the hotel has a lovely vintage feel to it and the bed was so comfortable! The breakfast is decent and the coffee was really good, but if you want something else there's plenty of places near by that you can go and eat. It was basically steps from Lincoln Road and a short walking distance from the beach. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GREEN1671, Public Relations Manager at Greenview Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Hi Mocha84!
Thanks so much for such a wonderful review. We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. That's the only reason we do what we do, every day. Come back soon and we'll take good care of you!

Best Regards,

Been to Greenview Hotel? Share your experiences!