“Nice hotel, great location” 4 of 5 stars

Albion South Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1650 James Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #68 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
LOS ANGELES, CA
“Nice hotel, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed at the Albion in early February for three days as part of a business trip to Miami Beach. I had never been to Miami before but this hotel was recommended by colleagues I was traveling with. I found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. Some of my colleagues complained about the street noise from their rooms, but I did not find this to be a problem. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was very small but not a big deal since I was only there for three nights. The hotel was conveniently located next to shops and restaurants, as well as the beach. Overall it was a good experience and I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
AlbionManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Albion South Beach, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear ASK2005 ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about the Albion hotel. It is great to hear that you had a pleasant stay and would return in the future.

836 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is located just off of Lincoln Road and has a beautiful classic Miami art deco lobby. The property is somewhat dated and could use some refurbishing: new carpets, wallpaper, beds, etc. We had a room in one of the upper floors for three nights in January and it was a perfect escape from NYC while a great winter storm raged there. We avoided the breakfast because of other bad reviews about the price of it and because there are great options steps from the hotel. My biggest issue was that the last night we were there we could hear the guests next door. The walls are way too thin and made for an unpleasant sleepless night. That said, the Albion is in general much more sober and quiet than the raucous scene in south beach.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear lscsNYC,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Albion hotel. Thank you very much for sharing your experience in Miami with us and the Trip Advisor community.

Best Regards,

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

i've stayed in quite a few hotels in Miami and this hotel never disappoints. It's in a great location, 3 mins from the shops, 5 mins from the beach, walking distance to everywhere, and the hotel is superb. it's a great boutique hotel, with charm and personal character, effort has been made on the rooms which are stylish, clean, modern and quiet. Staff are very friendly overall.

Enjoy!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
AlbionManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Albion South Beach, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Richiev2009,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review about the Albion hotel.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed for one night by myself after a work trip. This hotel was exactly what I needed - friendly, helpful staff, perfect location and great hotel services. Every staff member I came in contact with was very pleasant and went above and beyond what I could ask for. The hotel is located right in the middle of everything yet off the strip and away from traffic. Also, it is so close to the beach. My room was a little small but I didn't need a large room as I was heading to beach the for my stay. I stayed at the beach after I checked out and I was able to leave my car with valet for only $10 dollars. Everything turned out to be very convenient. The hotel rate is amazingly reasonable for the location. Two thumbs up for the Albion.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
AlbionManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Albion South Beach, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Leah A

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Albion hotel.

Panama City, Panama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I arrived at his hotel four hours ago and I already want to leave. Sadly I had prepaid for my entire 6 night stay. My room is very small and outdated. I knew it would be small because it is called a petite room, but at $300 a night I thought at least it would be really nice. The carpet seems really old. When checking in I was asked for my credit card for "incidentals" and I did hand it to them as well as my ID which they also requested. I didn't think much of it but after coming back from dinner I noticed a message from my bank saying that there was a charge for $300.00 in my credit card. I called the front desk and the lady said that it was for incidentals so I asked what the incidentals were that were so high. She said the mini bar and restaurant. I tried to open the mini bar in the room but it is locked, so she said they must have forgotten to give me the key. I asked if there is room service and she says only until 6 pm. My convention ends every day at 5:30 pm so I won't be able to use the room service. I said I want my money back in my credit card, to do some shopping here in Miami, and I don't need the mini bar or anything so she says I have to talk to the manager. I said ok give me the manager, she says there is no manager at night. Please, just don't stay here, take my advice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
AlbionManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Albion South Beach, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear quelquejeu,

We regret to hear that the Albion hotel wasn't what you expected.
Please remember that that our rates fluctuate depending on different factors but it is always the lowest compared to similar properties in the same area.
It is clear that your main concern was the fact that we made an authorization against your credit card account equal to the value of USD 50.00 per day as a refundable incidental deposit. This is part of our terms and conditions which are disclosed in every website including the one you used to make the reservation.

Regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed for 3 nights and had the most amazing time at Hotel Albion. The staff were very friendly, the rooms were great, and the pool was amazing. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is travelling to South Beach. The location could not have been better, and the hotel was very well kept. Thank you Hotel Albion for a great stay! Hope to see you again next year!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
AlbionManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Albion South Beach, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Andrew1106,

It is a great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Albion Hotel.

We will be honored to welcome you again.

Milford NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I recently returned to the Albion during a conference at the Miami Convention Center. From the bellhop to the doorman to the front desk, they always go out of their way to make me feel welcome. I travel a lot and go out of my way to stay at the Albion when I have business in the greater Miami area. The rooms are always clean, the staff friendly and of course the location couldn't be better. Everything is within a short walk and Lincoln Road Mall is right there. I always enjoy staying there and can't recommend it highly enough. Nice work all!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AlbionManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Albion South Beach, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear MilfordRay,

We will always welcome you with open arms.

Been to Albion South Beach? Share your experiences!