“Girls Weekend” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #184 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Cleveland, Ohio
“Girls Weekend”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Overall a very average hotel. I had read the reviews prior to booking my stay so I was not surprised by anything. I stayed in a room with 2 double beds that was meant to accommodate 4 women. There were only 6 outlets total in the room. 4 were already being occupied by the tv, mini fridge and wall light and telephone.
There was also a bug problem (moths I believe) in the room which we chose to overlook due to the awesome location of the hotel. Only about an $8 taxi ride to most urban night clubs and directly across from the beach. Also, there was only one very dim light in the room which made it hard to get ready comfortable for nighttime events. Only a small box television in the room maybe 13" but I walked past rooms that had mounted flat screens as well.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is garbage! The best part about the hotel is location. If you are on a budget cool, stay here. Whatever you do do not stay on the third floor. Supposedly those are the old rooms. I did peek in a room on the second floor and it was a huge difference. I did see a bug but I killed it and didn't tell my friends because they would've freaked out like I did. I just got chills thinking about it. Other hotels look better for the same cheap price.

• Stayed May 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Where do I start, this hotel was below average. The room was cleaned well below a satisfactory standard, the tv was old, the tub was dirty, and they plastered holes in the walls. We didn't have a remote control abd our blinds were dusty and didn't close. In addition to all that. The towels and rags looked like they had been previously used with brown and pink marks on them. The best part about the hotel is the location. I was just happy we didn't see any bugs. And last but not least the elevator stops at the second floor and you have to haul your stuff up the stairs. If you are on a very very very tight budget or you're with a group of friends and only sleeping here for a couple hours esch night, this hotel may be suitable.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Detroit
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

This was the worse hotel labeled hotel I ever stayed in we stayed in a room with cracked floors holes in walls that were not repaired, when we took the covers off there were burn holes in the sheets, there's a light switch behind the bed and when we asked for some help because our light was out they told us it didn't work but it did, they i also have stained tubs with filth like your in prison, the window blinds wouldn't shut so all night that had to stay open, then to top it off we went into the bathroom to shower there were dirty towels folded as if they were clean this was a terrible vacation place I believe motel 6 would have been better my feelings were so hurt because the pictures lied and it was my first trip to Miami the only thing good about this hotel was the free wifi it's not updated at all and we spent 416$ for 3 nights this was rediculous. I wouldn't let my dog sleep in this place our door wasn't even shut you could peak in from the top of the door or the bottom.!

• Stayed May 2014
Sunderland, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Myself and 2 friends stayed for the last week in March, on arrival we were given a room with one bed and had to switch rooms. Rooms were basic and smelt quite old, not the cleanest but acceptable if you are on a tight budget and don't plan on spending much time in the room.

The bathroom could have used a good clean. We had to ask for toilet paper as this was not replaced very often for the duration of the stay and had to ask for additional towels almost every day. Our toilet flooded and the aircon unit in our room was very poor and had no controls. We tried to open the window to allow the warmth in and had a member of staff knock on our door to say we had to keep windows closed.

The corridor stunk of weed most days which drifted into our room due to the ill fitting door. As our room overlooked the car park we could hear valet arguing with customers regularly.

The toilets in the actual hotel were disgusting, luckily we only used them once. The furniture in the "lobby" is worn, some of the staff very helpful, others not so much!

The best thing about the hotel is the location, right on Ocean. Having stayed in lots of hotels in South Beach this is one of the worst I have stayed in but as it was Ultra week it was the cheapest.

Room Tip: Use this as a last resort
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

its in a great location!! thats the big plus, the beach is across the street.. not the nicest room could use an update, there was a noise going the whole time i was there i think it was an air conditioner. and there was no temp control in the room, it was very cold.. better cold than hot.. had to wait very long for valet to get car each time. there are irons but no ironing boards, when we went down to ask for one they simply said if its not in the room we don't have it..oh and the extra blanket stunk!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My husband and I valet parked out front of the hotel and we where told $40. When we came back to get our car the men out front said $200, We only had $100 cash. The main thug Luis stayed by the car with my husband and his helper escorted me in to CJ Crab shack to the ATM. He stood there with me until I withdrew the money. Then he escorted me back to the car where Luis and another gentleman where blocking me from entering the passenger door until I gave him another $100. At this point we where surrounded by four American Car Parks employees. My husband yelled just pay him and get in the car. Then Luis had the balls to ask why we didn't t tip them. During this time another valet customer that was parked in front of our car came back. I rolled down my window and asked them how much they where charged, they replied $40. Then Luis came running over saying that they where staying at the hotel. They said that they weren't saying at the hotel. Then I called the hotel and told the woman that answered the phone what had happened. She was shock. She exclaimed, "$200, it's never that much." She put me on hold, then got back on the phone and said that $200 is the street rate if you aren't staying at the hotel. How do these people sleep at night. What a scam. Beware!!!!

• Stayed March 2014

Been to Beach Paradise Hotel? Share your experiences!