“You Get What You Paid For” 1 of 5 stars

Beach Paradise Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #169 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“You Get What You Paid For”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Old run down of a hotel. One night stay maybe good but not for a week. Air Condition controller is outside which provide cool air to all the room. I rented four rooms, while one room temperature is okay the others are hot. don't stay there if you can avoid it. oh yeah they misplaced one of my family member's car. $30 for the parking. $200 hold for one room. I had four so $800 for me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

322 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Pembroke Pines, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

In my entire life I have only ever checked in a nod checks right back out of a hotel once before this weekend.

Maybe it started with the hot lobby without air conditioning. Or the 200 dollars deposit. Or was it the 20 minute check in process (TSA) is faster.

But when the handed me a key. No not key card. A key! I knew I was in for an adventure.

The key did not work. Had to get another. Then walked into a room that was 90 degrees hot. I asked where the a/c adjust panel was and the desk lastly stated that there was none. The whole hotel was central air. Apparently the "central air" did not include my room.

Then the was already another guest in the room. He was sitting on the bed post when I walked in.

The roach I have to admit seemed at home and comfortable.........Maybe I was the one that missed something.

Yes.....I let him have the room and checked out.

• Stayed August 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel July 26, 2013 - July 29, 2013, it was a big mistake! The pictures on their website are deceiving. The rooms are horrible!!! The rooms are run down and ragedy and the lobby feels like a sauna. They have the nerve to request a $200 deposit for incidentals!! They need to give the guest $200 for staying there!! Avoid this hotel at all costs if possible!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!! Not this one!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Ok. So we stayed up for hours searching for a hotel to stay for 3 days before our cruise. Beach Paradise came up. The reviews were not that great but I'm not the one to just turn away based on reviews alone (big mistake). So we booked our stay for 3 nights when we arrived the concierge was some mexican lady who looked like she wasn't interested in life smh. She honestly acted like she didn't want to be there. Anyway my boyfriend and I came with my dad and his girlfriend so I asked the lady "can you please make sure we're not right next door to them" she said ok when we were finished we went to the elevator it looked like it came straight from the 1930's you had to open the door and press a button so the gate can close. And it only fit one person and their luggage in there. Anyway we get to our rooms and my dad is right next door. I was upset because I asked the lady not to put them right next to us. When I went to ask her about it she said it was nothing she could do about it whatever. So I get back in the room and it was freezing cold and you could not control your air in the room. We asked for extra blankets and it took forever for them to bring it to us. My dad came up with an idea we had to stuff tissue in the vents to block some of the air from coming in (we removed it before checking out).Their hallways was just as cold. When we came back from the beach we froze to death.They had no refrigerators so we could not bring food back to eat later because we had no where to put it. The workers are rude in the hotel. I definitely woudldn't recommend this dump to anyone. The only good thing about this place is the location its right on ocean drive!

• Stayed February 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

The location is ideal! The hotel is awful!!! Me and my husband stayed for 2 nights but spent most of our time outside of the hotel. The pictures lie! The rooms are more like run down hospital rooms. However the people at the front desk provided exceptional service. Pls don't stay here if you are attracted to the price because no matter how good of a deal you get you will feel like you overpaid!

• Stayed July 2013
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Do not stay here. Good location. Horrible place. Dirty bathroom, clogged drain. Old furniture, dirty windows. Valet service slow. It was super loud too. The location is good because it's close to everything in south beach, but soooo not worth it. Good for young people looking for a cheap place to crash after a whole night and day of partying.

Room Tip: Run away. All the rooms were gross.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Oslo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I always try to find both positive and negative in my reviews. The positive with this hotel is the location. It is on Ocean Drive and the beach is on the other side of the street. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The linens and towels were clean. And the WiFi did work OK. The negative with BP is that it seams very old. The elevator is from a Hitchcock movie and will scare the sh...t. out of you. I have never seen some many tiles on the floors and the walls with that many cracks. It looks like after an earthquake. The queen size bed was soft in the middle and hard on the sides, so we both ended up in a pile the middle several times during the night. On the bath room wall somebody had left a small bundle of hair. It was hanging in a crack in the tile. The closet was missing a door. The TV was stuck high upon the wall and was from the 90's.
There is now safe in the room or fridge. The worst thing the night I stayed was the AC. It is central AC for the hole floor and it was not working very well. I did tell the staff, but nothing was done about. I would love to have a fan that night. I will never return again and my advice is: Do not stay at Beach Paradise Hotel, it is probably the worst hotel in South Beach.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Beach Paradise Hotel? Share your experiences!