“Unfriendly” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #175 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Unfriendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The room was very nice and the hotel overall wasn't a pit,but the desk staff was rude, cold and sometimes just mean. Made for a bad start.

For the price it was close to SoBe action and the room was clean.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

333 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Miami Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Well this is my second visit and i can see the difference I stayed last year and the hotel and the rooms themselves looked a little run down. I stayed this year and i saw the improvement the rooms were very nice and upgraded the bathrroms were very clean and i noticed there were no more stains in the bath tub.The room was spotless and very neat upon entrance. The housekeeping eployees were very polite and helpful. I loved the overall look of the hotel its a typical South Beach look. I love the location and my plans are to go back anytime i am going to stay on South Beach. Very Pleased.Oh and for the price you cant beat it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bradford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Located right across from the beach and amongst all the cafes on Ocean Drive this location could not have been more ideal. At night there were numerous options but the loudest/wildest were down the street enough that they were not disruptive. The airport flyer stop on 5th Ave was a short 3 block walk away.
The staff at the front desk were helpful and attentive, including no charge to hold bags after we checked out. Rooms were simple, but clean and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Beach Paradise is far from Paradise however it is very close to the excitement. It doesn't get any more exciting than being in the heart of South Beach (6th and Ocean Dr).

This hotel is very basic: 1950s elevators, actual keys for the rooms, no individual control climate boxes, small bathrooms, old Konka televisions. However, who is really concerned about all of that when you are staying in South Beach?!? As long as its clean, no bedbugs, clean towels, fresh sheets, and prime location you should have few complaints.

I knew what I was expecting when I booked it at a price of $69/night. NOWHERE in the South Beach area will you find a hotel on Ocean Drive for less than $200/night unless its as basic as Beach Paradise.

Overall, the staff was friendly. The location was prime. I didn't use the $30/night "valet" and I was glad I didn't. I was very satisfied with my 2 night stay and will be staying again.

P.S. If I had to complain about anything of importance....they need to get rid of the $50 early check-in/late check-out fee. They need to get a bigger ironing board and at least put fans in the individual rooms since they control the air flow.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Port Charlotte, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

This was my first trip to Miami! My picked this room. It was nice. The place is a little old, but the room was still nice. We got a room with two beds. The room was a lot bigger then I expected. The bathroom was a little small. Especially with three girls trying to get ready to go out and party. The location is great! Right by the beach. The one complaint I had was the elevator was out of service so we had to take our suitcases up the stairs to our rooms. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
Melbourne, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I recently stayed in one of your hotels in South Beach Miami. Upon Check in I was told that there would be an extra fee for my sister who was with me, because she was older than 12. No where on my reservation did it indicate the age requirement of a child. A minor child is a minor child, there shouldn't be a difference. Also, the front desk clerk was extremely rude, and argumentative about the extra fee. I felt like I was being taken advantage of, and I am not pleased at all. I intend of getting a refund for the extra fee, whether I have to dispute it with my credit company or not will be up to you. I suggest that in the future if such fees are involved that you would have that documented all intersecting website this hotel is listed on. So that the customer doesn't feel taken for a ride at check-in!!! The hotel was Beach Paradise, on Ocean Ave. not much of a Paradise if you ask me....more like stage photos on the website, and then you get the real TRUTH upon entrance!!!! Never again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

cons
rude front desk. period.
elevator is right out of the junkyard. feels serious dangerous.
room keys are regular keys like its 1960s, not cards.
our room was locked but door still moved 1inches in, it felt like if pushed the door would just open. i would never feel safe leaving my belongings in this hotel.
there is no lobby, you walk through this cheap looking restaurant with emty tables and a pushy tour salesperson elderly lady among loud dominican music blasting to a make shift front desk.
cant control the AC it was freezing in our room. you have to get up on a chair and try to shut the vent.

pros
room looked clean, hence the 1 star.

Room Tip: here is a tip: dont stay here until they fix their issues