“Sometimes its about the location...not the amenities.” 3 of 5 stars

Beach Paradise Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #174 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Alexandria, Virginia
“Sometimes its about the location...not the amenities.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Beach Paradise is far from Paradise however it is very close to the excitement. It doesn't get any more exciting than being in the heart of South Beach (6th and Ocean Dr).

This hotel is very basic: 1950s elevators, actual keys for the rooms, no individual control climate boxes, small bathrooms, old Konka televisions. However, who is really concerned about all of that when you are staying in South Beach?!? As long as its clean, no bedbugs, clean towels, fresh sheets, and prime location you should have few complaints.

I knew what I was expecting when I booked it at a price of $69/night. NOWHERE in the South Beach area will you find a hotel on Ocean Drive for less than $200/night unless its as basic as Beach Paradise.

Overall, the staff was friendly. The location was prime. I didn't use the $30/night "valet" and I was glad I didn't. I was very satisfied with my 2 night stay and will be staying again.

P.S. If I had to complain about anything of importance....they need to get rid of the $50 early check-in/late check-out fee. They need to get a bigger ironing board and at least put fans in the individual rooms since they control the air flow.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

335 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Port Charlotte, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

This was my first trip to Miami! My picked this room. It was nice. The place is a little old, but the room was still nice. We got a room with two beds. The room was a lot bigger then I expected. The bathroom was a little small. Especially with three girls trying to get ready to go out and party. The location is great! Right by the beach. The one complaint I had was the elevator was out of service so we had to take our suitcases up the stairs to our rooms. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
Melbourne, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I recently stayed in one of your hotels in South Beach Miami. Upon Check in I was told that there would be an extra fee for my sister who was with me, because she was older than 12. No where on my reservation did it indicate the age requirement of a child. A minor child is a minor child, there shouldn't be a difference. Also, the front desk clerk was extremely rude, and argumentative about the extra fee. I felt like I was being taken advantage of, and I am not pleased at all. I intend of getting a refund for the extra fee, whether I have to dispute it with my credit company or not will be up to you. I suggest that in the future if such fees are involved that you would have that documented all intersecting website this hotel is listed on. So that the customer doesn't feel taken for a ride at check-in!!! The hotel was Beach Paradise, on Ocean Ave. not much of a Paradise if you ask me....more like stage photos on the website, and then you get the real TRUTH upon entrance!!!! Never again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

cons
rude front desk. period.
elevator is right out of the junkyard. feels serious dangerous.
room keys are regular keys like its 1960s, not cards.
our room was locked but door still moved 1inches in, it felt like if pushed the door would just open. i would never feel safe leaving my belongings in this hotel.
there is no lobby, you walk through this cheap looking restaurant with emty tables and a pushy tour salesperson elderly lady among loud dominican music blasting to a make shift front desk.
cant control the AC it was freezing in our room. you have to get up on a chair and try to shut the vent.

pros
room looked clean, hence the 1 star.

Room Tip: here is a tip: dont stay here until they fix their issues
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Be aware when you book. Hidden fee of parking needs extra 30 bucks! I agree that it's hard to park there, but it's some hidden fee for me when I booked. Otherwise, I'll book some hotel which might be 50 bucks more expensive but have better reviews and free parking.
The ridiculous thing is, after we paid the valet parking, we were still asked to drive to the parking place ourselves and walk back because the valet guy was busy?! But the front desk girls were just bad attitude and I felt tired to argue over these dollars, so whatever... But hope other people can double think before booking this place.
Our room is next to some compressor room I think, which the wall is shaking all the time and the humming is so loud and the girls said there was no more room, sorry.
Inside room, there were only bed, one desk and 4 iron folding chairs. That's all. TV was some 1980's style and hanging from the ceiling and the resolution of course is bumpy and horrible.
And the house itself was old. and need to carry the luggage via the dark
Location is great. Price is cheap (if not considering the 30 bucks parking) considering the location. The service and room were awful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We (2 adults) stayed here @ BEACH PARADISE for 4-nts, DEC 12-16, 2012 right on OCEAN DR.@ the corner of 6th, across the street from LUUMUS PARK BEACH. The LOCATION is GREAT. Right in the middle of everything, restaurants,nightlife,bars,shopping,clubs. The hotel is old, as most of them in the Art Deco District are, but was clean. It could use a little TLC, but was fine. We had room #321 w/queen bed and view of the corner of 6th & Ocean Dr. The A/C in the room was freezing, so no complaints of a stuffy, muggy room! Housekeeping was fine,no problems. The "TOWER OF TERROR" style elevator was a trip in itself! It worked fine everyday of our stay,as other reviewers complained of it not. The HUGE ice machine off the lobby was convenient for free ice for our beach cooler bag. A 24 hr. WALGREEN'S is right around the corner which was great to have for daily stock ups. All in all, this hotel was NICE and we would definately stay here again if the price was right. SEE YOU AGAIN SOON!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed here for three nights. The hotel is located central in Ocean drive. Close to the beach and middle in the Art Deco area. The rooms are big enough, but the bed are on wheels. The walls are thin so you can hear everything. The hotel has parking; 30 $ a day.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Beach Paradise Hotel? Share your experiences!