“Pleasant relaxed time ~ Clean spacious rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Beach Paradise Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #181 of 200 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Pleasant relaxed time ~ Clean spacious rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

was skeptical beacuse of reviews and pricing.....Too my surprise I found hotel to be very clean fro a beach hotel and check in went smoothly

everyone was pleasant and friendly we always had hot water and clean towels

the downside was they have no in room safe but no one bothered my stuff

Room Tip: Request 2nd floor ocean view
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We had an amazing time at the hotel. Location couldn't have been better! I can't stress how good of a location this is! Staff was super friendly, which we really appreciated! And our room was super satisfactory, with no problems. We hope to be able to return sometime. Art deco area, and our hotel did have some plastering work being done in the lobby but it just didn't bother us at all. Only thing that I didn't like was that there wasn't even complimentary coffee in the hotel. About $2.00 per small cup. No reason for that! But like I said I would come back to this hotel in a heartbeat. Thanks L&R

Room Tip: tile floors. and very simple but clean. the tv was in funny spot but who cares... not us. :)
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

I stayed here for a week in Beach Paradise Hotel. Before I arrived I was afraid what to expect reading reviews before. When I arrived to the hotel and saw the lobby and reception, I thought this will be a horrible vacation. I was wrong.
The receptionist was very friendly, cheked me in promptly.
The room was nice and clean, the bed was very comfortable (NO BED BUGS at all as per review before), had a TV with about 50 channels, clean bathroom with plenty of clean towels. Complimentary shower gel, shampoo, tooth paste, ice bucket also placed in the room.
Only lack is there is no pool or jacuzzi in the hotel but the location gives you the beach which is right across the street! The hotel is very central location with plenty of restaurants, clubs and bars.
Because of this amenities there are noises form outside but if you stay in other hotels on Ocean Drive you will have the same noises as people come here for having fun and partying! If you want a quite and relaxing trip do not come to Miami :)
If you are coming for a budget trip to Miami and you dont want anything facy and posh and dont want to spend the whole entire vacation in the room (who whould do that in Miami?) so stay here in Beach Paradise Hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

The hotel is decent for a stay of 2 or 3 nights, and if you only care about hanging out on the beach during the day and partying during the night, stay here. It's cheap and the room is clean. Just don't expect any bells and wistles, and do not think the pictures on the website tell the true state of the hotel. Those pictures are old, misleading and extremely outdated!!! When I walked into the lobby and saw dusty floors, chipped drywall and paint, and a scafolding set up in the corner, I knew it was not going to be good! The room was small, the bathroom was tiny, the shower stall had half a wall (so when you took a shower you wet the floor), the "city view" was of the parking lot and alley below, and the air conditioner throughout the hotel didn't work (in August!)! The hotel is old and needs lots of TLC.

Room Tip: Don't bother to pay extra for an ocean view - because of the park across the street you won'...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Germantown, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

This is a no-frills hotel. Nothing fancy, but we got what we needed. It is close to the beach and restaurants, so that's a plus. The staff was friendly and accomodating, plus there is a little deli/gelatto shop right in front so we could get something to eat with no problem. We had a lizard in our room at one point, but that's not uncommom for living in Florida. Overall, we had somewhere to sleep and shower that was neat and clean so we were satisfied. Most of our trip was spent outside of the hotel anyway!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Malmo, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011 via mobile

Very good, clean rooms, excellent location, nice staff. The only thing missing was no breakfast and restaurant at the hotel.
I can really recommend it!
For the price we paid it was above my expectations.

• Stayed January 2011
Muskogee, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

If you only want a place to store your things stay here! Otherwise go somewhere else. The air was like a fan it worked poorly is an understatement. This hotel is very old they still use keys to open the room doors instead of a car. The doors were jarred and hard to open. The elevator was very old and ran very slowly. I would not recommend to stay here unless you never plan on being in the room. I will never stay here again. I waited and booked late during Memorial Day weekend during Spring Fest I will not make that mistake again. The upside the front desk was very nice.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Beach Paradise Hotel? Share your experiences!