“Super!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #184 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
St. Louis, MO
“Super!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We had an amazing time at the hotel. Location couldn't have been better! I can't stress how good of a location this is! Staff was super friendly, which we really appreciated! And our room was super satisfactory, with no problems. We hope to be able to return sometime. Art deco area, and our hotel did have some plastering work being done in the lobby but it just didn't bother us at all. Only thing that I didn't like was that there wasn't even complimentary coffee in the hotel. About $2.00 per small cup. No reason for that! But like I said I would come back to this hotel in a heartbeat. Thanks L&R

Room Tip: tile floors. and very simple but clean. the tv was in funny spot but who cares... not us. :)
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

I stayed here for a week in Beach Paradise Hotel. Before I arrived I was afraid what to expect reading reviews before. When I arrived to the hotel and saw the lobby and reception, I thought this will be a horrible vacation. I was wrong.
The receptionist was very friendly, cheked me in promptly.
The room was nice and clean, the bed was very comfortable (NO BED BUGS at all as per review before), had a TV with about 50 channels, clean bathroom with plenty of clean towels. Complimentary shower gel, shampoo, tooth paste, ice bucket also placed in the room.
Only lack is there is no pool or jacuzzi in the hotel but the location gives you the beach which is right across the street! The hotel is very central location with plenty of restaurants, clubs and bars.
Because of this amenities there are noises form outside but if you stay in other hotels on Ocean Drive you will have the same noises as people come here for having fun and partying! If you want a quite and relaxing trip do not come to Miami :)
If you are coming for a budget trip to Miami and you dont want anything facy and posh and dont want to spend the whole entire vacation in the room (who whould do that in Miami?) so stay here in Beach Paradise Hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

The hotel is decent for a stay of 2 or 3 nights, and if you only care about hanging out on the beach during the day and partying during the night, stay here. It's cheap and the room is clean. Just don't expect any bells and wistles, and do not think the pictures on the website tell the true state of the hotel. Those pictures are old, misleading and extremely outdated!!! When I walked into the lobby and saw dusty floors, chipped drywall and paint, and a scafolding set up in the corner, I knew it was not going to be good! The room was small, the bathroom was tiny, the shower stall had half a wall (so when you took a shower you wet the floor), the "city view" was of the parking lot and alley below, and the air conditioner throughout the hotel didn't work (in August!)! The hotel is old and needs lots of TLC.

Room Tip: Don't bother to pay extra for an ocean view - because of the park across the street you won'...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Germantown, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

This is a no-frills hotel. Nothing fancy, but we got what we needed. It is close to the beach and restaurants, so that's a plus. The staff was friendly and accomodating, plus there is a little deli/gelatto shop right in front so we could get something to eat with no problem. We had a lizard in our room at one point, but that's not uncommom for living in Florida. Overall, we had somewhere to sleep and shower that was neat and clean so we were satisfied. Most of our trip was spent outside of the hotel anyway!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Malmo, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011 via mobile

Very good, clean rooms, excellent location, nice staff. The only thing missing was no breakfast and restaurant at the hotel.
I can really recommend it!
For the price we paid it was above my expectations.

• Stayed January 2011
Muskogee, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

If you only want a place to store your things stay here! Otherwise go somewhere else. The air was like a fan it worked poorly is an understatement. This hotel is very old they still use keys to open the room doors instead of a car. The doors were jarred and hard to open. The elevator was very old and ran very slowly. I would not recommend to stay here unless you never plan on being in the room. I will never stay here again. I waited and booked late during Memorial Day weekend during Spring Fest I will not make that mistake again. The upside the front desk was very nice.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

I’m going to start by sharing with those reading the negative reviews that they should not be overly concerned about what you have read. I’m from New York and we have plenty of old buildings with their original elevators that have been gutted and converted to 5 star hotels or penthouses. This hotel is not 5 stars or a penthouse but a true hidden gem. Yes the elevator is the original elevator for the building and yes the lobby is not that attractive and yes the air conditioner is controlled by the front desk and yes the bottom floor of the building looks abandoned but its like any other old building that is converted. These things that are mentioned are not a big deal and will not affect your stay in a very well arranged and comfortable room. The only way this could bother you is if your use to spending a very reasonable amount of money and getting four seasons type service and appearance. If you have found a hotel like that which is unlikely then this might bother you. I would compare the rooms and the building to more of an apartment style hotel room. When you first come to your room you will receive a standard key not the typical "electronic hotel key". I stayed in an oversized oceanfront queen suite. The hotel says that these beds are queens beds but I have a king sized bed at home and know that these beds are really king sized beds, oh course I had no complaints about that!! The decor of the room is modern beach colors (tans, brown and white). When you first walk into the room there is a small bathroom with a decent size shower and toilet. Adjacent to the bathroom is the sink and vanity with drawers to store your cosmetics and whatever else you would want to store. To the right of the vanity is a small wet bar area; we were able to store our alcohol, sodas, etc. As you walk further into the room there is a comfortable white leather lounge chair. To the right of the chair was the large "oversized queen bed" (that’s really a king sized bed) and two nightstands with a small lamp. Adjacent to the large bed is a beautiful large wall sized mirror. I have to say I never like hotels with mirrors across from the bed but this mirror fits the decor of the room and made it feel large and very comfortable, not to mention that it is an added bonus for couples ;-) To the right of our bed next to the window was a small table and two chairs that were perfect to sit in coming right off the beach with wet clothes. Our room was facing the street sign Ocean Drive and 6th Street right in the heart of all the action!!! The best part is that the hotel is directly across the street from the beach. I walked back and forth from the beach and to my hotel room and didn’t care if I forgot something in the room because all I had to do is cross the street to get whatever I needed. The hotel staff is very accommodating. The gave me everything that I requested with no delays. I asked for an oceanfront room, I got it, early check in, got it. I asked for a lot of towels and washcloths, got it. I asked for a blanket because I did get cold, got it. I asked the front desk to assist me with printing movie tickets, got it, boarding passes, got it. The staff was very friendly and housekeeping always kept the room very clean and kept a very accommodating schedule. I have stayed at the W hotel and other very well known hotels and have been barged in on during all types of personal moments. Not at Beach Paradise, the housekeeping staff is very respectful of your sleep and personal space. They knock and make sure they check that the room is not occupied first before they enter with a key. Although I had great things to say I will share some things that were not deal breakers and were noticeable concerns. First, the ac was cold but the solution is to open the window in your room and let in the hot Miami heat and you will warm up in no time. If your not big on outside air you also have the ability to close off your vent in your room totally or partially eliminating the air conditioner from blowing out. I also think curtains would have been nice to have on the windows instead of blinds in the event that you want to sleep late and block out the sun. If your tired it should not bother you, I happen to be the type that likes to sleep with the room completely blacked out. The TV in the room is old and is in an awkward position and if you came to south beach to have fun and not sleep in you probably wont have time to watch TV or care about the position of the TV. The TV has way more cable channels then most hotels including mtv, bet, cnn, bravo, MSNBC, etc which is an added plus. They also have a channel dedicated to south beach and Miami that showcases places to visit, sightsee and dine. The elevator is really not a big deal yeah its old but really does that keep you form booking a room at this hotel? I don't know why the bottom level of the hotel appears to be storage or abandoned but from what I heard the hotel is still doing renovations and that is enough explanation for me. The renovations never interrupted me at anytime during my stay. Never heard a sound and is only noticeable when you walk around the corner to the back of the hotel. Why you would want to hang out at the back of the hotel would be your business but if you don’t normally hang out at the back of hotels you probably will never see this. I happened to see this because I did not rent a car and had to walk past the back of the hotel to catch the bus on Washington to go to my boat tour. One thing I felt might have been nice to have but not a must would be a small refrigerator and microwave. In addition my boyfriend also told me that while we were there the vending machine was not working and I was very thirsty. I’m sure that problem has been fixed since I have left. The hotel has a nice little snack shop in the lobby but they are expensive and the food is not that great but its nice to have a place to get food very late right or early right in your hotel. There is also a crab shack with outdoor dining, I did not eat here because I don't eat seafood but I heard it was very good and seemed very popular with those who dined and the late night crowd as it was one of the last resturants to close on the strip. Lastly, the hotel did not have a pool but was not a deal breaker because the beach is right across the street. Overall, for the price this is definitely a hidden gem right in the heart of south beach and worth every penny. I didn’t have to drive to the action I was staying in the action. When I was tired of being in the heart of it all, I walked right upstairs to my room and heard very minimal noise. Excellent place to stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone who came to go out and not sleep in everyday. Perfect location right in the heart of all the action, beach and close to surrounding areas of Miami. Save yourself some money, stay here, enjoy your stay in a comfortable room, leave the party, and take a short walk right to the door or your hotel 600 Ocean drive South Beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Request oceanfront, early checkin & topfloor
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Beach Paradise Hotel? Share your experiences!