“A very good hotel, good price, excellent location, clean rooms, nice staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Paradise Hotel

You added Beach Paradise Hotel to your Saves list
Beach Paradise Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #184 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Malmo, Sweden
“A very good hotel, good price, excellent location, clean rooms, nice staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011 via mobile

Very good, clean rooms, excellent location, nice staff. The only thing missing was no breakfast and restaurant at the hotel.
I can really recommend it!
For the price we paid it was above my expectations.

• Stayed January 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Muskogee, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

If you only want a place to store your things stay here! Otherwise go somewhere else. The air was like a fan it worked poorly is an understatement. This hotel is very old they still use keys to open the room doors instead of a car. The doors were jarred and hard to open. The elevator was very old and ran very slowly. I would not recommend to stay here unless you never plan on being in the room. I will never stay here again. I waited and booked late during Memorial Day weekend during Spring Fest I will not make that mistake again. The upside the front desk was very nice.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

I’m going to start by sharing with those reading the negative reviews that they should not be overly concerned about what you have read. I’m from New York and we have plenty of old buildings with their original elevators that have been gutted and converted to 5 star hotels or penthouses. This hotel is not 5 stars or a penthouse but a true hidden gem. Yes the elevator is the original elevator for the building and yes the lobby is not that attractive and yes the air conditioner is controlled by the front desk and yes the bottom floor of the building looks abandoned but its like any other old building that is converted. These things that are mentioned are not a big deal and will not affect your stay in a very well arranged and comfortable room. The only way this could bother you is if your use to spending a very reasonable amount of money and getting four seasons type service and appearance. If you have found a hotel like that which is unlikely then this might bother you. I would compare the rooms and the building to more of an apartment style hotel room. When you first come to your room you will receive a standard key not the typical "electronic hotel key". I stayed in an oversized oceanfront queen suite. The hotel says that these beds are queens beds but I have a king sized bed at home and know that these beds are really king sized beds, oh course I had no complaints about that!! The decor of the room is modern beach colors (tans, brown and white). When you first walk into the room there is a small bathroom with a decent size shower and toilet. Adjacent to the bathroom is the sink and vanity with drawers to store your cosmetics and whatever else you would want to store. To the right of the vanity is a small wet bar area; we were able to store our alcohol, sodas, etc. As you walk further into the room there is a comfortable white leather lounge chair. To the right of the chair was the large "oversized queen bed" (that’s really a king sized bed) and two nightstands with a small lamp. Adjacent to the large bed is a beautiful large wall sized mirror. I have to say I never like hotels with mirrors across from the bed but this mirror fits the decor of the room and made it feel large and very comfortable, not to mention that it is an added bonus for couples ;-) To the right of our bed next to the window was a small table and two chairs that were perfect to sit in coming right off the beach with wet clothes. Our room was facing the street sign Ocean Drive and 6th Street right in the heart of all the action!!! The best part is that the hotel is directly across the street from the beach. I walked back and forth from the beach and to my hotel room and didn’t care if I forgot something in the room because all I had to do is cross the street to get whatever I needed. The hotel staff is very accommodating. The gave me everything that I requested with no delays. I asked for an oceanfront room, I got it, early check in, got it. I asked for a lot of towels and washcloths, got it. I asked for a blanket because I did get cold, got it. I asked the front desk to assist me with printing movie tickets, got it, boarding passes, got it. The staff was very friendly and housekeeping always kept the room very clean and kept a very accommodating schedule. I have stayed at the W hotel and other very well known hotels and have been barged in on during all types of personal moments. Not at Beach Paradise, the housekeeping staff is very respectful of your sleep and personal space. They knock and make sure they check that the room is not occupied first before they enter with a key. Although I had great things to say I will share some things that were not deal breakers and were noticeable concerns. First, the ac was cold but the solution is to open the window in your room and let in the hot Miami heat and you will warm up in no time. If your not big on outside air you also have the ability to close off your vent in your room totally or partially eliminating the air conditioner from blowing out. I also think curtains would have been nice to have on the windows instead of blinds in the event that you want to sleep late and block out the sun. If your tired it should not bother you, I happen to be the type that likes to sleep with the room completely blacked out. The TV in the room is old and is in an awkward position and if you came to south beach to have fun and not sleep in you probably wont have time to watch TV or care about the position of the TV. The TV has way more cable channels then most hotels including mtv, bet, cnn, bravo, MSNBC, etc which is an added plus. They also have a channel dedicated to south beach and Miami that showcases places to visit, sightsee and dine. The elevator is really not a big deal yeah its old but really does that keep you form booking a room at this hotel? I don't know why the bottom level of the hotel appears to be storage or abandoned but from what I heard the hotel is still doing renovations and that is enough explanation for me. The renovations never interrupted me at anytime during my stay. Never heard a sound and is only noticeable when you walk around the corner to the back of the hotel. Why you would want to hang out at the back of the hotel would be your business but if you don’t normally hang out at the back of hotels you probably will never see this. I happened to see this because I did not rent a car and had to walk past the back of the hotel to catch the bus on Washington to go to my boat tour. One thing I felt might have been nice to have but not a must would be a small refrigerator and microwave. In addition my boyfriend also told me that while we were there the vending machine was not working and I was very thirsty. I’m sure that problem has been fixed since I have left. The hotel has a nice little snack shop in the lobby but they are expensive and the food is not that great but its nice to have a place to get food very late right or early right in your hotel. There is also a crab shack with outdoor dining, I did not eat here because I don't eat seafood but I heard it was very good and seemed very popular with those who dined and the late night crowd as it was one of the last resturants to close on the strip. Lastly, the hotel did not have a pool but was not a deal breaker because the beach is right across the street. Overall, for the price this is definitely a hidden gem right in the heart of south beach and worth every penny. I didn’t have to drive to the action I was staying in the action. When I was tired of being in the heart of it all, I walked right upstairs to my room and heard very minimal noise. Excellent place to stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone who came to go out and not sleep in everyday. Perfect location right in the heart of all the action, beach and close to surrounding areas of Miami. Save yourself some money, stay here, enjoy your stay in a comfortable room, leave the party, and take a short walk right to the door or your hotel 600 Ocean drive South Beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Request oceanfront, early checkin & topfloor
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights at this hotel and the staff were very friendly to us and would help us with anything we asked. Rooms were not to fancy but when your in south beach your not even in your room. The air conditioning broke down the last night we stayed which happened to be the most humid night throuhout our stay but luckily we went out basically all night to check out the clubs, bars, and scenery. For the GREAT price we paid I expected much less but it turned out to be a pleasant experience.

• Stayed June 2011
Paterson, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

OMG! DO NOT...I REPEAT DO NOT... stay at this hotel... ok so my friends and I arrive at the hotel, as soom as we walked in the room, we all noticed it was VERY DIRTY... so I got back downstairs spoke to someone who told me they would give us a 'newer"room.... so we left for a little while... when we got back... we had a new room, however the hallway smelled like "raw fish"... they room however was clean...... at around 11pm we come back to the room.. ONLY to find BED BUGS crawling allll over the place!!!!! I was pissed!... so we had to walk around for an hour looking for a hotels that had rooms...... TERRRIBLE TERRIBLE HOTEL!!!.....OH and Yes!.. i got alllll My Money back!... NO 1 NIGHT CHARGE!.. ALL OF IT!!!....WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE!

Room Tip: Go To The Hotel at South Beach on Collins
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

Although the people at the front desk are friendly, they are incompetent. I had to do the math for the young woman in the evening to calculate my parking for the week. Our room did not have AC, and nothing was done about it for more than a day. After we were moved to a different room, the AC went out in that room. I am not saying it didn't work very good, I mean it did not work. Period. I had to go buy fans in an attempt to make it bearable as it was more than 90 degrees. To make it worse, the sun beat on our side of the building and after the brick and concrete heated up, it did not cool off. I left several messages for the manager Robert. Apparently he manages more than one building and he has not answered my notes at the front desk or returned my calls to this day. The renovations that have been done throughout the years have obviously been done by "handyman" services, not professionals. Possibly this is the reason the AC never worked. I seriously suggest staying somewhere else. Anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

I stayed at the hotel with some friends for a bachelor party. The hotel is as advertised by many of the TripAdvisor contributors. It is an older hotel, but the amenities are all in working order. The room was halfway decent, yet the TV did not work. However, I did not go to South Beach to watch TV so that small facet can be overlooked. Upon arrival, I was told that the hotel has limited parking and was thus, full. There is a parking garage about a block away and the rates are reasonable given the fact that you are on an island ($1 per hour). I highly recommend the hotel for its location-you are literally in the heart of everything in South Beach and everything is within walking distance. I would not recommend the hotel if you are looking for a quiet getaway with your spouse or significant other, but if you are looking to have a place to take off from and crash land, then this is a great spot.

Room Tip: Use the hotel website for FL and govt discounts
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Beach Paradise Hotel? Share your experiences!