“It's an old hotel, not what you would expect from the Ritz” 4 of 5 stars

$50 Credit + Breakfast
Ranked #44 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Naples, Florida
“It's an old hotel, not what you would expect from the Ritz”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Good hotel, service is amazing as usual, however, the hotel doesn't compare to other Ritz hotels we've stayed at. It seems older, and even though the modern decor is cool it just doesn't quite cut it when compared to other Ritz hotels. Location and service are great of course..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Turkish first
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I had reserved a room for a surprise for my fiancées birthday as soon as we walk in she is greeted with happy birthday! From the doorman to the front desk we were amazed by the level of commitment that the Ritz had surprised us with. We go up to our amazing room overlooking the water there is a cake and a card that reads happy birthday and my fiancées name. I live in Miami go to many hotels I have never been treated like a Vip like that. In addition, I had brought another cake for her birthday it was very late I asked for two plates and a candle and they sent an in room dining woman with a beautiful voice to sing happy birthday! The surprises were endless we spent the day at the pool which was very serene and relaxing a special recognition to Mike and Sandra at the pool and Danny at the lobby bar. We will definitely stay again, if you do not want the hustle and bustle of south beach stay here. Absolutely brilliant!

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Outstanding experience at this hotel. Staff and amenities met our every need. Beautiful beach location in walking distance to great restaurants and shops. It is definitely worthwhile to get Lounge Access. Eddie, Mike, Rashaad, and Britney were simply wonderful. Will definitely return!

Room Tip: beach front is desirable. Street facing rooms are a bit noisy.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Guadalajara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

It is a beautiful hotel with all the amenities you can think of. Its location is great, right in the heart of South Beach, walking distance to many restaurants and shops. The rooms are beautiful, spacious, and have incredibly comfortable beds. I highly recommend their brunch, it's vast and absolutely delicious! Having brunch by the poolside and beach (mimosas, king crab, sushi, etc.) is an amazing experience!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The pool area was recently renovated and the results are fantastic! Added greenery, beds and canopies are available for rent (not cheap). The lanai tower is worth every penny, though pricey. The staff gets a A for hospitality and customer service. Isma M, Carlos M, Marco K, Lourdes and Juan Carlos in the pool area and the concierge. I'll be back in June and the fall.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for 2 nights in December for business trip.

Lobby was my favorite place to chat with my old friends from Miami.

Very relaxed atmosphere and really enjoyed the corner bar at the pool deck, while watching soccer games on tv.

Breakfast was sumptuous and the pastry selections were delicious.

My room was on the 7th floor corner with balcony facing the ocean.

The bed was the best in the category.

And it's only a step away from Lincoln Road for people watching and great shopping selections.

I eat lunch at their 3 meal restaurant and ordered the salmon dish, it was delicious and the portion was a bit generous for lunch.

Enjoy your stay.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was in South Beach attending the SOBE Food & Wine festival which is fantastic. Most events took place at the major hotels which prompted me to stay at the Ritz Carlton since I have stayed at other Ritz properties and really enjoyed my stays. I did opt for Club level since it gives you a place to relax and grab a quick bite. I was pleasantly surprised that the club level amenities did convey to the beach which was convenient. We had a room with double beds overlooking the pool and beach. Others mentioned these rooms were loud, but I didn't notice any noise issues with our room. Beds are always comfortable and room was spacious. The staff was friendly upon arrival and around most of the property. My biggest disappointment was with the club level. Since I have stayed on the club level at many other Ritz properties domestic and international, you get to know the routine. We were greeted upon our first day, but that's about it. Most club level attendants get to know you and ask your name. We were never asked our names, and no one ever introduced themselves or showed us around. A few people stopped by to say hello can I get you anything, but then they never came back the rest of our stay in the club. Since I work in the hotel industry, I don't expect anyone to wait on me at all as I am self sufficient and know how hard of a job it is, but the personal attention to detail was unfortunately lost during my stay on the Club level. At the end of our stay the one employee who was the most present finally chatted with us, but I felt it was because we were the only ones in the club. Her name was Brittany and was very nice, but I encourage employees to open up to guests as you never know who may be sitting enjoying themselves. I will be back to the Food & Wine Festival again in 2016 and hope to stay at the Ritz.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Laura B, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Good Day,
Thank you for your kind words about our staff and our property. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us.

I apologize that the service in the Club Level was not what you expected. We look forward to your return to Miami Beach so that we may prove to you that we pledge to provide the finest personal service for our guests, and reconfirm why you continue to choose to stay at Ritz-Carlton properties when you travel.

Warmest Regards,
Kevin Kelly

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach? Share your experiences!