“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Had a great time, staff were courteous and attentive. My room was clean and very modern, I really liked it had an amazing view as well. I stayed over on December 2014 will recommend this place and use in the future.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed there one night this month. The staff was so helpful and friendly. Room was small and the no view was actually depressing. The public areas are a bit shabby. Ok stay. We were really looking forward to our vacation stay there and it wasn't what we hoped for. We moved out to a condo and had an overall great time in the miami area.

Stayed December 2014
great neck n.y.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

A wonderful child friendly hotel on Collins Avenue at South Beach with amazing service and friendly staff.Away from the noisy bar and pool crowds that most of the SOBE hotels have this hotel is the complete opposite.Like all hotels you should check the room before you unpack as many of the Collins Avenue hotels face the side of the next building as the beach views are usually premium prices. The entire stay was great until we saw a pig on the lap of a guest around the pool ! This was disgusting and I cannot understand how a hotel chain of this level could possibly allow this around children and food.

• Stayed December 2014
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed her for a couple of nights with my daughter in selected the Ritz because Miami is loaded with upscale art deco hotels which really didn't appeal to me. The rooms, while not large, are larger then those at the W, SLS and most other comparable hotels. Check in was fine, no upgrades available, but it was slightly before Christmas. Our partial ocean view room is just that, nothing spectacular, but a really nice view when sitting on the balcony. The rooms have been refurbished, they could use a little better lighting for the evening and the doors between connecting rooms could be insulated better (a manager said they are currently working on that.) I don't know why, but I slept much later than I usually do and was thankful for that.
The Staff: We did have an issue with our rooms not being made up, but a manager was extremely sympathetic, helpful, and happy that we bought the issue to her attention so she could rectify the problem. After assuring us she would personally take care of the housekeeping issue she then asked about other concerns we might have, she also clearly took notes while we were talking. she said they present these issues at staff meetings and wanted to correct problems as they occurred.
Pool Staff: What can I say? I was blown away by the pool staff. The weather happened to be unusually warm and sunny. We had no problem getting chairs and an umbrella and there were so many attendants all making sure ice water pitchers next to your chairs were filled, and shifting the umbrellas as the sun moved. They also gave out samples of fruit and juices and promptly took orders by the pool for food and drink. Between the pool staff and the manager, I really felt they cared about trying to make sure they would get repeat customers and wanted feedback.
They have a security system using room keys so only people with keys can use the elevators
We found the price point to be reasonable for christmas week.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Leonia, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed for four nights in December with our two young-adult sons. Their room was labeled "no view" when I booked it; we had a Lanai on pool level. The boys' room was fine for them; "no view" meant it wasn't a scenic view (as opposed to a brick wall, which is what I was afraid of!); it overlooked some low buildings, but there was light. Our room had a small patio leading to the pool, which we enjoyed. There was a speaker for the sound system right outside, which was loud at times, but we were not in the room much, and it stopped by the time we were ready for bed. The rooms were clean and comfortable; beds especially so. Very large bathrooms with double sinks. Every staff member was professional and friendly; we especially enjoyed Renee and Sebastian, who made sure we had everything we needed at the beach, and Clemence, who set us up with bikes. While the area around Lincoln Road and Collins is not so attractive,it is quite convenient for shopping and dining, and the path behind the hotel which parallels Ocean Drive is lovely. We really had no complaints, and enjoyed our vacation!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Livingston, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

THis is our second time at this Ritz. We booked last minute and were told we would have adjoining rooms with our children but when we checked in we found out that there were no adjoining rooms available and they insisted that there was nothing they could do. Huge bummer because this is a family vacation and we wanted to be around each other.

It's a classy hotel but I just felt that something was missing this time around. Next time in South Beach will try another property and may or may not subsequently end up back at the Ritz.

Stayed December 2014
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I absolutely cannot believe the review I have to give for a Ritz Carlton hotel!
We love Ritz Carlton hotels and have stayed at many around the world including the South Beach property on previous occasions but this time it was so different. Firstly, I have to say that all the staff I encountered were fabulous BUT when it comes to soundproofing that is a whole other story. My room was on the fourth floor over the entrance to the hotel, this was so noisy you could hear every car & their sound system & pedestrians talking as though the windows were open .... of course, they weren't! So I spoke to Reception who very kindly arranged a change of room. The new room, although smaller was on the 10th floor (Club Level) over looking the pool area & I was informed that there were no parties around the pool in the evenings ..... But they omitted to mention the VERY LOUD BAND that played at The DeLido Beach Club on Sunday's from 3.30pm until 8.30pm!! Couldn't even hear the tv in my room! Now the plug in the bathroom basin doesn't work & the A/C doesn't work efficiently!
We will definitely rethink ever staying here again ..... it really was too much.
So so so disappointing!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Laura B, Executive Office at The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback, we value your opinions.

We are saddened that you were disappointed with your experience at our hotel. Our entertainment at The DiLido Beach Club is meant for guest pleasure, and we apologize that you did not enjoy it. I apologize that you had issues with your room, and hope that you will rejoin us as a loyal Ritz-Carlton member so that we may show you that we strive to provide a warm, relaxed yet refined ambience for our guests.

Warmest Regards,
Kevin Kelly

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach? Share your experiences!