“One of the finer Ritz Calton's” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #31 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Switzerland
“One of the finer Ritz Calton's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Last year we were not that lucky with a Ritz Carlton, and wondered what was happening with this chain. However this South Beach Ritz was fantastic. This is for us the Ritz Carlton quality. Friendly, smiling and extremely helpful staff. Just about all employees from the beach attendant Mr. Perez, to the waiters and valets parkers were very professional, international very helpful and hard working. We truly enjoyed our stay at South Beach. The location is fantastic, if you do not want to be right in the middle of the party scene, but close enough to walk every where. Our view from the 11th floor watching the morning sunrises was unforgettable. Can not wait to come back.

Room Tip: The view from the top floor was wonderful
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

1,362 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The Ritz Carlton South Beach is in a fantastic location, that's why I booked it and I wasn't disappointed.

Our room was spotlessly clean and the beds were super comfy.

The concierge were excellent, Noel particularly. They gave us great local advice and super restaurant recommendations.

The pool area is good, however, the music is cranked up louder and louder as the day goes on. At the weekend the pool music competes with live music from the beach bar and when I say competes I mean it, it's LOUD. So, why not use the hotel's beach area, we did, it was lovely and quiet, but for some reason they charge $25 for the use of an umbrella, something not done by the pool. The elevator music is noisy and when returning to the room each evening after the turn down service we found the tv turned on, what's wrong with silence?

Is the noise enough to put me off returning, perhaps, and that's a shame because everything else was great.

Stayed October 2013
Verona, Italia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

It's definitely an astonishing 5-star hotel. Beautiful zone, right close to Lincoln Av and Ocean Drive. Nice pool and direct access to the beach. The room was huge, clean and well-equiped with an Ocean view. Staff was always gentle, helpful and ready to satisfy each request. The breakfast was incredibly furnished and first-rate. The restaurant was excellent. They also have a dressing room for those who check-out in the morning but leave the hotel late.
Great, great.

Just two tiny complaint: 1) wi-fi always kept on loosing frequently the connection and you have to re-connect each time. Moreover: considering the room's rate is it ridiculous that wi-fi it's not free. 2) very few plugs in the room

Room Tip: Drinks at the pool cost very much
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My first impressions of this hotel were great. We had a very friendly welcome and the receptionist got us a room with a partial view of the sea, even though we booked the lowest room class at 280 USD/night. (Note though, that my husband has elite status with Marriott.)

Overall the hotel was okay. The location is very good, but the service is a little lacking. A few examples:
• We went down to the beach one morning and the staff member first told us they had no chairs, then for some reason realized he had many chairs and set two up for us. Then he took away the umbrella that happened to be there and told us if we wanted him to put it back it was $25, even though we only planned to be there for a half hour.
• At the beach there was an area for kids to play, but the staff member on duty was in the nearby hut and his conversation to presumably another staff member was loaded with 4 letter words and was easily audible from the kid’s play area.
• There always seemed to be many people on duty at the pool, so getting towels was always quick. However, the one time we tried to order lunch there, we had to ask twice for menu, then twice for the kids menu. This took about an hour. Then we told a staff member we were ready to order. He said he would get a waiter and took our drink order. We waited 20 minutes and neither a waiter nor our drinks turned up.
• The lady doing our turndown one night told me she doesn’t change bedding. My kid had split cookies on the bed and duvet cover needed changing. She did change it, but I basically had to demand that she do it.
• On our first day, I requested that the minibar be emptied. The person came to the room and said told me that she didn’t need to empty the fridge. She told me twice that it would not keep things cold. This wasn’t the point - I don’t like my kids playing with the contents of the fridge.
• There was only one bedside table with a lamp. I’ve never been in a hotel without bedside tables on each side. I called and asked if they could get a little table (we could move the lamp on the desk). He told me he would look into it, but nothing happened and he did not provide us with any follow-up.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Great location just off the strip but close to all the nightlife, restaurants, Lincoln Road shops, and of course the beach. Every staff member was friendly, attentive, and accommodating. Fillipe escorted us to our room and provided 2 great restaurant recommendations, even mentioning dishes to order. Our room was clean, spacious, attractively decorated, with a balcony perfect for sitting outside reading the paper each morning. We plan to visit to come back next year and stay at this same property.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool have large balconies.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed at The Ritz Carlton SB many times, I ve reviewed it as excellent! But this time I was really disappointed, took some friends with me and it was shocking to see the hotel service very far from how I remember it. The pool area was dirty, empty bottles on the floor for the whole day.. and cigarettes.. many cigarettes thrown around the pool... really annoying. There seems to be less pool attendants than in the past, the service has worsen remarkably.. the pool is still pretty but an atmosphere of bad service has taken the place...
The pool beds should have a sign to inform they should be booked and paid.. one of my friends sat there and someone came and told her about it... but she couldn t have guessed!! That should be informed so the guest knows beforehand!!! And when she sat on a chaise lounge, an employee told her in a very bad manner she should stand up until he puts a towel on it..! At check in, this same friend has been given the key to room 259 and we she opened the door, strange people were still in the room, they had not checked out !!! She was given a different room later, but this should not happen. You are paying a 5 star hotel!! Nobody escorts to your room, you just walk alone trying to find your way...
The Ritz Kidz is inexistent. And although I am a returning client, with the points card and everything I had no special treatment. I had to stay four more hours in the room after check out time (I had a special check out at 4 pm because of amex benefits) and I had been charged full night, instead of half day. I left at 8 pm! Nobody cares much.
The restaurant is as great as always or even better, at least this point has been EXCELLENT, The new zealand lamb is out of this world. If the hotel does not go back to its past service, I think I ll try some other hotel and go to the Ritz Carlton restaurant just for dinner...

Room Tip: Just go to the restaurant! it s great. Go to some other hotel until the good service is back!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed here for 2 full days and 1 night in October 2013. We had a great rate booking with Ritz and got upgraded to the top floor and had 2 rooms both partial ocean view. They were awesome! Great beds, bathrooms, and one of the rooms had a balcony. Having stayed at the W before on South Beach I have to say it does not get any better. Great location, great pool, great lobby and so easy to get on to the beach. We all went to the Buffet Breakfast which was not included in our rate and it wasn't cheap but the food was fresh at 10:45am and the quality was excellent, certainly got what we paid for and skipped lunch that day. We loved the Ritz and would certainly return for longer on our next visit to South Beach.

Room Tip: High floors on the North side have great views of Miami Beach and Balconies.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach? Share your experiences!