“Lincoln Road Location, Great Service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #44 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Lincoln Road Location, Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Enjoyed all the hotel had to offer! Pool, shops nearby, beach, bike path, restaurants. The staff basically won't say no, so ask for what you want and you'll probably get it! South beach can be overwhelming, this is an oasis to come home to, sits in a nice spot we never heard loud music or sirens at night.

Room Tip: Ocean front always a good choice
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Pittsboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Booked a trip with our in-laws to RC Naples for the week of July 4 and knew we would love it since we had been there before. After the trip and plane tix were booked, I realized that I should have checked out the scuba diving opportunities in the area before we committed. I had just got my OW certification in November and had no idea that you couldn't dive anything but deep water wrecks near Naples Florida. The shallow reefs and clear water I wanted was not in this area. I really wanted to dive on vacation so we decided to pay ~$400 to switch our plane tix to PBI and move to the RC Palm Beach (where we also had stayed and loved it). Problem solved until I got a call from RC Palm Beach telling me that the hotel had been sold and we could only use our reward points for the first two days of our seven day trip (which we really wanted to do).

We had some really expensive plane tickets getting us to PBI, where we had no place to stay. Needless to say, the Mrs was not happy with my modifications to our travel plans :(

Then Alisha at Ritz Carlton took all my lemons and turned them into lemonade...

We were offered an Oceanfront room on the 11th floor with Club Lounge access for the entire stay. We were picked up by limo service at PBI and driven to the Ritz Carlton in South Beach, and returned to PBI at the conclusion of our trip. I am not sure but I think there were three bottles of Champagne delivered to our room during our stay and one really nice tray of colossal chocolate covered strawberries. The hotel room, the restaurants, the pool, the beach, the hotel staff... there is not one single thing to complain about here. We loved the Lincoln Rd mall, did some really nice diving in Key Largo, and had an absolutely wonderful vacation. I can't say thank you enough to the RC staff for treating us like royalty! We truly appreciate all the accomodations that were made for us on this trip and look forward to our next stay at the Ritz Carlton, wherever that may be!

Room Tip: Room 1140 gives you a perfect view of the pool and the beach! Also nice when the hotel has live mus...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I were traveling on our first year wedding anniversary and decided upon the Ritz Carlton Miami South Beach. We frequently stay at Ritz Carlton properties all over the world, but this time was above and beyond our expectations. When we arrived, a lovely and courteous employee at the front desk named Kelly Ann greeted us with the most incredible smile as soon as we walked through the lobby. After a long 12 hour drive from South Carolina, she made us feel so incredibly welcomed to the property. There was something very special about Kelly Ann, and she made us feel as if we were walking into a family members home. This was much appreciated considering the size of the property and how busy they were on a Saturday afternoon. We wanted to recognize Kelly Ann simply because it is very easy for someone to "go through the motions" of a check in. It is on an entirely different level to be treated as if we were truly welcomed and appreciated as guests. We will never forget the level of professionalism and sincere interest in making our experience at this property the best ever. The employees of any elite level hotel could take a lesson from this young lady. We are looking forward to our return stay at this property and looking forward to seeing her again. Thank you Kelly Ann for making our first year wedding anniversary truly memorable!
Rob and Chelsee

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The beach was so beautiful and the rooms were very clean. I have no complaints. :)

I was there with my children so I wouldn't recommend dragging the little ones there again, but it's perfect for couples.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Enjoy the beautiful beach sand at the Carlton South Beach Miami Hotel. You will be tended by Miguel, the best waiter in tow, and the very pleasant staff. Cabanas, parasol, food and drinks available at a certain price. The water is warm, the waves are not too strong. perfect for families with young children. The rooms are comfortable, the bathrooms are beautiful!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

wow really enjoyed the pre spring break activites here stay was great top to bottom. Got to the hotel early greeted by knowledgeable and passionate bellman, got to the front desk around 11:00am and the usual check-in time is either 3:00 or 4:00 but they allowed me and girlfiend to get in our room early. While we were being checked in we enjoyed the assortments of flavored waters. We were then offered club level which put a grin on my face i mean what more could on ask for, we quickly went to our rooms and marveled at the spacious room beautiful bathroom and excellent view of the beach from our room. After a quick change and wash up we explored club level gabe the club attendant was pleasent and knowledgeable on everything going on and a couple of night life spots. Great stay at the ritz carlton south beach id stay here a full year if my money allowed it

Room Tip: go for the beach view no one likes looking at the city the natural beauty of the beach cannot be mat...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was my first stay at the Ritz in Miami. From the moment I pulled into valet I was treated with warm friendly smiles and welcomes. The guest services employees were extremely helpful and kind. The lobby is quite grand, lovely. We were taken to our room which was a standard. Definitely not as nice as I expected as I have stayed at other Ritz properties. The beds were a little on the worn side, the ihome and one of the phones didn't work, and the view was nonexistent. The lighting in the bathroom was horrible if you need to apply makeup. We decided to upgrade to a bigger room with an ocean view and balcony. MUCH better! Everything worked and the lighting was better although the beds were still not to my liking but that is personal preference. The staff was unbelievably helpful and kind in moving us. I enjoyed two days on the beach and did decide to throw a lot of money away on a beach sofa and umbrellas the first day and a queen beach bed the second. The wait staff on the beach was extremely efficient and friendly. I enjoyed breakfast in my room three mornings, room service staff was excellent and the food was very good. I used the spa for a pedicure, it was only a little above average but the technician was very pleasant. Overall it was the staff that made this trip so enjoyable. The rooms could use a little refreshing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach? Share your experiences!