“Ritz comfort (with slight wrinkles)” 4 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #45 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Toronto
“Ritz comfort (with slight wrinkles)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The place is beautiful - the lobby, the rooms, the restos, the spa, the beach and the pool side. In Miami, we usually stay at Ritz Key Biscayne, since we love the tennis and the feel of a far-away resort on its expansive grounds. This time we opted for Ritz SOBE for a short getaway. Again, the Ritz SOBE is very pretty, but the service - whether it's the doormen who are sometimes too busy checking out women to open doors for you, the slightly surly servers at the Bistro, or the housekeeping staff who were watching TV when we walked in and interrupted their "turn-down service" - it's not as impeccable as the service at Ritz Key Biscayne. As a footnote the sound of the live music by the pool side and in the lobby feels great in an otherwise quiet (by SOBE standards) hotel.

Room Tip: Room on floor 11 with a balcony had an outstanding view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Managment needs some training.
Great location, Great hands on front staff;
sad to have a heated discussion with an "Ashley" Manager with a very much wrong attitude towards customers in such a high offer market.

• Stayed February 2013
Hoffman Estates, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a beautiful property in a fantastic location. As one would expect, the prices are extremely high. I had a $25 salad and an ice tea that was $7. I expect it so it was no surprise, and the service was fantastic. Staff is wonderful, cannot do enough for you. The only complaint...rooms could use a little "clean up" (some mold in the shower, bathroom cabinet coming apart) and I was not a big fan of the spa. Small and cramped space with no water features or coed common area. That being said, we enjoyed this property very much. If you have the opportunity, definately go!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for a mini getaway and I just had to express my appreciation for the superior service we received during our stay. Before arriving I called and booked Spa services with an associate by the name of April. She was very informative when it came to the services offered and the facility access. Upon arrival at the hotel we were immediately greeted by the Valet attendants, one in particular, Gustavo, went above and beyond for us. He's truly a great asset to the hotel. He then escorted us to the front desk and we were greeted with a warm welcome by Moshe. Words can't begin to explain the amazing customer service we received from him. He smiled, engaged in conversation and he made us feel very welcomed. I can write an entire review on his outstanding customer service alone which is why he deserves a great deal of praise for his excellent customer service. Kuddos to you, Moshe for making our stay a great one. Upon receiving our room, which had an amazing ocean view by the way, we immediately went to the Spa to check in for our services. Vanessa was the associate at the desk at the time. She was NOT friendly. She seemed annoyed the entire check in process which made me and my partner very uncomfortable. Based on the other reviews I read about the poor Spa service, I’m sure she was the associate everyone was talking about. I ended up stopping the entire check in process and informed her that I will check in closer to my appointment time. (Secretly hoping someone else will be at the desk to check me in). I returned to the Spa closer to my appointment time and was greeted with a warm welcome by Cassandra. Her smile was like a ray of sunshine. She made me feel welcomed; she showed me around the facility and offered to be of assistance with any of my needs. I had a Ritz Carlton signature massage with a male therapist by the name of Scott. He was beyond amazing. I must say in all my years of getting massages, he was the best therapist I’ve ever had. I will definitely request him again in the future. We opted not to eat at the hotel being that there were other amazing restaurants on the strip. I want to give a special thanks to Girad at the pool for anticipating our needs and all of the staff on the beach. Overall we had an amazing time, we will definitely stay with the Ritz-Sobe again.

Ft. Worth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton on South Beach in June of 2012. It was a quick weekend trip, and it was our first time to South Beach. The reception was very quick, and the people were very friendly. Just so you know, the property is a bit spread out. Our room had a beach view, but was blocked by some of the palm trees, but it was still nice. It was a little out dated, but it went with the entire classic Miami experience. The weather was a little cloudy and rainy, but we braved it and went to the beach. The service was excellent. There were not many people around, due to the weather, but the staff was awesome. It began to rain, so we went to the beach front bar. The bartender was awesome and gave us a "locals" advice to eating and night life. One thing to keep in mind, is that the property is spread out. They were doing some renovations, which never really bothered us, but the walk from the lobby to the room was long. If you call, I would recommend requesting a room closer to the reception area. Breakfast was good, but not great. The drinks at the poolside bar are very good, but it can get packed. Overall it was a very good experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Ritz is where it's at!! Wouldn't consider staying anywhere else on South Beach. Excellent location, combined with a staff with a can-do attitude, makes this a winner!
We arrived at the hotel and immediately were greated by name and our luggage was wisked away by the bell staff. Just inside, we were met by Guest Relations, and escorted to the Club Lounge (worth the splurge), where a light lunch and champagne awaited us. After relaxing for a while, over-looking the beautuful pool and ocean, we were checked into our room by the Club Concierge.
More delight!! The room had a balcony over-looking same aforementioned pool and ocean. Clean, fresh, spacious, and our luggage was already there.
Everyone we came in contact with, from the Bell staff, doormen, guest relations staff, to housekeeping could not have been more friendly or accomodating. Everyone was in contact with everyone else at all times, so requests were granted and questions were answered almost immmediately.
Location is the other big plus, as Lincoln Rd. begins just outside the Ritz front door. There are shops and restaurant choices to please everyone, AND its right on the beach.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I booked the Ritz using my Marriott points for a quick weekend getaway. As anticipated, they stuck us in one of the small rooms without a view (got an eyeful of our hotel neighbors next door!). But what did I expect when it came to a comp hotel stay anyway? Nevertheless, we spent most of our time at the beach and near the pool so it didn't make or break my trip. The room was clean and the bathroom seemed bigger than the sleeping area (go figure!). Service was excelent as it is with any Ritz. You can tell they just finish renovations. Hotel looks a little like your average cookie cutter hotel from the outside but the inside has been spruced up. Food at the restaurants was fresh and very good. I ordered an iced coffee while lounging by the pool (all in it came to $8.00 with tax and gratuity - yikes! I could've spent less at the cafe down the street). Great location with easy access to the beach. I would return here and if I was actually paying for a room (vs using points), would book an ocean view.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach? Share your experiences!