“AMAZING!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #31 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
“AMAZING!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We just finished a two night stay at The Ritz-Carlton South Beach. The hotel location could not be better; right on the beach and 2 blocks from the famous Lincoln Road. The rooms have been renovated less than 6 months ago and look clean, streamline, and fresh. The outlets are a little hard to find but they are there and easy to reach. They are located on the back of the lamps that are next to the bed. You MUST upgrade to the Club Level. 1) Well worth the money; with 5 food presentations you will save your money on breakfast alone 2) Anna and Eddie. They provide first class service. Their conversation is genuine and truly engaging.

My 2 year old was with us and everyone was quick to greet us and engage with him everywhere we went. My wife had the opportunity to enjoy the Spa. She returned to the room glowing. She had been in a lot of pain from the pregnancy and opted to get a prenatal massage from Mabel. Mabel upgraded her to a scalp massage, which was perfect because she was also getting a lot of headaches.

I know that some past reviews are very price conscious but when you want to be part of the scene and enjoy the legendary service that Ritz-Carlton provides, this hotel is your top choice. Remember, you are not paying for a hotel room, you are paying for the experience. Best experience I have had at ANY Ritz-Carlton.

• Stayed March 2013

1,352 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Not one that really has time to write reviews being a busy mom and working mom. But I felt the need to share tips for parents with little ones. The hotel location is perfect! Perfect for walking, beach location, and walking to restaurants and site seeing.

The service from front door to room service is topnotch! It's nice that you're so well cared for ..a nice break for parents to be waited on! Pool chairs and pool area wonderful. Lots of families and little babies and couples too. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and no glares from anyone for having your kid with you! I recommend renting an umbrella at both beach and pool for little ones to stay cool.

Beach service and chairs and umbrellas were great. It is a public beach so you will find it gets pretty crowded. Mojitos were wonderful too!

The room we had was a standard double bed room. It was street side and we could hear the happenings on the street. You sleep through it because its not too loud and the hotel is located were it's a bit more peaceful. We had the Ritz bring up a crib to our room and it was nice for a hotel crib. Metal crib with wheels that can be locked. They put bumpers on it. If your little one is under six months I suggest renting their crib but buy the breathable bumpers and pack them in your suit case!

For me having a suite or a separate area to put our sons crib is important because we stay up later. But we don't want the tv lights to bother him. The bathroom is huge and just rolled his crib in there and it was nice and dark for him. I brought the baby video monitor and put his little white noise app on and he slept perfectly! Just like home!

The inroom dining was tasty!! The brocollino was so good I ordered it 3 times!

All in all I'm glad I read the reviews before deciding on the Ritz. Excellent service and family friendly and the room size and location were important!! I would tell any parent that this is where you should stay when in South Beach! And for parents needing anything from diapers, to formula etc, there is a 24hr CVS and Walgreens across from the hotel! Very convenient as I found us needing more baby supplies!

• Stayed March 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here during a recent long weekend trip to celebrate his birthday. We arrived quite late at the hotel but were promptly greeted by the hotel staff. It went downhill from there. I had booked an ocean front room at $800 per night. The front desk clerk kept calling it ocean view and when we arrived at the room, I can see why. We were on the 4th floor and overlooked the pool-definitely not ocean front! When we returned to the desk to complain they said there was nothing they could do. After throwing a major fit they finally arranged for another room that was higher up and once again only offered a view of the ocean. It was a suite and it was very spacious for 2 people. I will say it was nice but not for the price. I think the location of the hotel is great. The pool area is very pretty. The beach was lovely. I think the amenities and service were okay. It was a nice experience but not worth the money.

Maynard, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

our room was clean and spacious but not really enough draws for 2 people. my daughter kept her stuff in her bags.

The location is fantastic! Both by the beach and right on the 'Lincoln road' which leads to 'Lincoln mall road'!

They had turn down service each night with chocolates, although it was odd they would put 2 chocolates only on one bed, one night we didn't get any. They turned the tv on each night which annoyed me. If I wanted the tv on, I would turn it on.

The club conceirge was most helpful booking our excursions and suggesting fun things to do.
They are overly cautious as they tried to discourage us from taking a bike ride to jungle island as the bridge had a hill and was a busy road. (They hill is piddly and there is a bike path most of which is on a sidewalk divided from the road!)

It was my daughter's birthday and they delivered chocolate covered strawberries! how sweet.

there is NOT enough towel racks in the bathroom, but other than that a spacious lovely bathroom.
It's the ritz, everything is overpriced, that should be expected!

we had a city view room with club access. The club access was great although I was very disappointed that 1. there was no outdoor seating, 2. it had only a side view of the ocean. I would have expected the club would have front view and possibly panaramic view!
The breakfast and lunch provided is enough for a full meal - and delicious! the food at dinner time is more snacky stuff ( but if you are on a low calorie diet don't eat out afterwards as it is filling food!!)

we did not eat or drink anywhere else in the hotel.

There is a great hot tub and a pool.

I was a little annoyed when I asked the concierge about parasailing, they told us it went until 5 pm, so we rushed down and it was packed up and gone

Room Tip: club access may be over kill, it is stacked well with everything alcohol you may like to have and an...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

As the Ritz South Beach was our first hotel stay after a disasterous experieince at The Plaza before Christmas, my guard was up before arrival, but from the moment we pulled up, to the moment we reluctantly left, we had one amazing experience. We have stayed at some grand luxury hotels around the world, but the overall experience at this Ritz Carlton on the Club Floor topped them all. From the facilities, location, Club Floor 5 times a day food/drink service, balloons and cake for my birthday, to the amzing staff, we could find no faults. The rooms and hallways look brand new and the staff couldn't do enough to ensure a perfect stay. In a rare move on our part, this hotel is going back on the list for a return visit.

Room Tip: The Club floor is well worth the cost
College Park, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The Ritz-Carlton was a very nice hotel that I stayed at with friends on our trip to South Beach last memorial day. The expensive pricing could have constituted a more exquisite room selection. The staff was very welcoming and they played an important part in the high rating, but they are in need of room upgrades!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here for the first time last March, and while I gave it a favorable review (with praises for location and service) -- I thought that the rooms were a little dated considering the high price tag. After staying here last Saturday night, I have a completely different opinion! It looks like the rooms have had a major "face lift". We stayed in a partial ocean view room with one king bed. The room was extremely spacious with a beach-y, aqua feel. Once the madness of the South Beach Food and Wine Festival calmed down, it was very quiet (virtually no outside noise). I was a little disappointed with the size of the balcony, given the killer view! It would have been lovely to lay out, especially since the pool can get a bit crowded - but there were only two small chairs. The pool, of course, is beautiful - maybe a little smaller than the pool at the Loews, but nonetheless extremely clean (given the proximity to the beach I was worried it could be sandy, but it was not). Deck chairs can be difficult to come by on a beautiful day so get there early if you would like a spot in the sun! The service is excellent, as at virtually any Ritz property. You cannot beat the location on South Beach, and I appreciated the quietness that is hard to find in SoBe. Overall, I am happy I decided to give it another try after initially being unimpressed about the dated rooms back in March - this time, I felt the higher price was justified! If I can afford it again in the future, I certainly will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach? Share your experiences!