“Terrific Summer Value” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Terrific Summer Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed for around $200 in August and was a great value and experience. walking distance to Lincoln road and the beach walk with much to see. Did not eat on property. Staff was as expected and promptly addressed issue when our first room had a humidifier running when we walked in!?! Granted, our room for the price was a interior room, but we were out and about the whole time. Would definetley do again next summer. Recommended!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Ritz wrote me a week before my stay asking for information about the purpose of my trip, when I was arriving, and whether I was celebrating a special occasion. I provided this information, but upon my arrival, I was asked what was the purpose of my trip, whether my companion and I were "together", whether we needed one room or two, and were also informed our room wasn't ready. When it was ready, it was a great room except for the toilet and shower. The one did not flush properly; the other always leaked, which meant there was a mess of wet towels all the time. Ritz was informed four times about the toilet issue, and it was only definitively resolved at the end of our nearly week-long stay. The final time we informed Ritz about the issue, the front desk said they're really sorry and will see if "another room opens up." We were never asked how our stay was. (Maybe they were afraid to.) A week later I get a survey from an external organization asking about my experience. Critically, they ask if they could forward my information to the hotel with my contact information, which I agreed to. Surprisingly, Ritz never contacted me about my review. I would have expected the level of service we got from a hotel about a quarter of the price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
North Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were in South Beach for the BCS Championship, and the hotel was at 97% capacity.
I guess they were keeping a room open in case JayLo showed up.
Fantastic hotel, location, food, club room, pool, beach, and particularly staff. The place was full of (mostly Notre Dame) partiers, as were we, and the staff was excellent at getting people quiet as they rolled in at all hours.
There were kids here, and the staff does a lot for them, but South Beach is no place for kids.
The Ritz is not cheap. If you are coming on a budget, don't even select South Beach. But to do it right chose the Ritz Carlton.

Room Tip: Ocean front, of course.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Birmingham, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My family of 4 stayed here for two days, one night on January 5- 6. We chose this hotel based on location and were not disappointed. I really like the "boardwalk" and you can walk on it or the beach.

Valet parking: excellent. Even though it was very crowded, It was never a long wait for the car.
Check in - Very efficient

Room: Large room with two double beds and a couch. Plenty of room to spread out. When I return I will ask for a balcony. Well furnished.

POOL: We spent most all of our stay at the Pool, overlooking the ocean. The service by the pool was very good without over doing it. The complimentary refreshements they brought out were really appreciated.

The live music from the bar area below, was an added enjoyment as we laid out by the pool. Not sure the bands name, but kudo's to the person who booked them that afternoon.

BEACH: I do wish they would rake and bury the seaweed, but not a real distraction.

This was a quick but relazing stay. I will go back and stay at this location.

Room Tip: Ask for balcony room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed on the club level and had a nice view of the beach. The room was comfortable, updated and clean. We had a cabana at the pool with 3 servers who attended to our every need. The food at the pool restaurant as well as the outdoor Mediterranean restaurant was wonderful. Our concierge, Kristen, was amazing. She took care of EVERYTHING. All of the hotel staff were extremely helpful and attentive. We will def be back!

• Stayed January 2013
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We had a great stay at the ritz south beach last week. We usually stay at the four seasons when on holiday, but were very impressed with the level of service we received there. The room was great ( only complaint was the too- soft bed), the pool area was perfect, and the restaurant had delicious food, and accommodated us with our baby.
I also had a massage at the spa, and was very happy with my treatment, and the facility. Above everything else, the location was perfect! We will certainly be back.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed in a room for 2 nights before Christmas with our 2 kids.

The hotel location is perfect if you want to be near South Beach but not too near, it is very easy to walk to. The street that feeds back from the hotel has a nice pedestrian walkway on it with a lot of major shops and a cinema.

The room itself is good standard with a nice bathroom. Staff were helpful and attentive. If you can, try to get a room further forward towards the beach and higher up as although the views are good you do look out over a hotel lower down and the major aircon units on the roof.

The real revelation for us was the club room facilities. The food and drink was excellent. If you wanted to you could have all your meals here and it is of high quality. A real gem.

Overall I would recommend this hotel as a good base for South Beach (south beach itself is like an American version of Benidorm in my mind and a but tacky).

Room Tip: club level rooms are good value
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family