“Excellent relaxing + shopping combo” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #44 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
URUGUAY
“Excellent relaxing + shopping combo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Located between the sea and Collins, exactly where Lincoln Rd. Is born, this hotel is perfect to combine a relaxing time with a shopping experience around it.
From the lobby to the room everything is stylish and magnificent. The staff is kind and dedicated with unusual proactivity.
The spa is one of the best I 've ever been at. Superb infrastucture and services.
The pool area is ok, but we used more the beach services which are really comfortable and well served.
Our room was ocean front with balcony, which is highly recommendable: great day & night views, and much more silent than those rooms facing the pool! A big and very well equipped bathroom, with cute decoration. The bed is amazing!
One issue to solve is the smoke and odors coming from the grill of the adjacent building that ruin the stay on the balcony if you are on the highest floor.
Again, I claim for free internet in the room! no excuses, this hotel category should provide free wifi everywhere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Bedford, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Been to almost every hotel in south beach and this is the best one. The service is very good, nice rooms and spectacular club level! The pool is very nice and relaxing, good corporate rates and nice lobby. The room is big and the staff is very nice. I would like to also recommend eating at the restaurant by the ocean as it is good and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Club Level
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had planned a surprised 30th birthday trip for my husband to South Beach. After much research I decided to make reservations at The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach. I normally am a very easy to please easy going traveler - I never even write reviews. But the experience I had was pitiful and I would be doing fellow travelers a disservice by not informing you of our trip.

To be fair, here are the great things about our trip in my opinion:
1. Location
2. Weather was perfect
3. Beach was beautiful
4. We could walk directly onto Lincoln
5. Recently renovated beautiful room
6. Yummy food
7. The gentlemen at the front door were genuinely friendly.

However, this is where the "greatness" stopped. I was disappointed in the Ritz staff for many reasons:

1. Communication between staff was PITIFUL. I had been in contact with several people from guest relations a week in advance of our trip, including Kim Marie Jn Baptiste, Elmira Gilmanova Leeder, and Laurel Paige Kramer. Elmira suggested we book a VIP poolside experience on a daybed for a reduced price of $100, including a complementary bottle of champagne. (This is a discount from the regular $250) I ended up booking this daybed by the pool for $100 since our room would not be ready yet, but with nonalcoholic beverages as I am still nursing our son. Laurel responded to that email and stated, "I scheduled the daybed for you! I already touched base with the pool team and you will have extra water and other non-alcoholic drinks instead of the champagne." The service of the Ritz was already living up to its name, or so I thought. Upon our arrival we proceeded to the pool and found that they had absolutely no record of our reservation for a daybed. They had never heard of a $100 special. The manager of the pool suggested I could have one of the daybed's for $150 only after looking at the reservation book and shaking his head as if I was inconveniencing them. I thankfully had printed out all of the email correspondence to prove that I was correct with what I was saying. Only after seeing this did they comply with my requests. I did have to remind them frequently that we did not want the champagne since I am nursing. And the only nonalcoholic beverages we received was water. The daybed was uncomfortable and I wished we would have just sat in the chairs for free.

2. The professionalism of the staff was PITIFUL. While we were resting on our over-priced uncomfortable daybed, one of the pool girls - in her uniform - was thrown into the pool by another guest. She then proceeded to carry on yelling and laughing in a very loud manner, quite disturbing. She continued jumping into the pool - still with her uniform on - doing cannonballs. My jacket got drenched. The manager of the pool area obviously did not have their staff under control. Several other employees proceeded to take out their iPhone's and iPad's and record the shenanigans. I would expect this type of behavior at a different hotel, but not at the Ritz.

Other inconveniences:
1. The phone did not work in our recently renovated room.
2. The electrical outlet did not work - the plugs would just fall out.
3. The iron did not work at all. Not even warm.
4. I could hear the phone ringing in the next room as well as the people talking (they were not yelling, they were just talking at a normal tone)
5. The "pool-view lanai" was actually a "bush-view lanai"
6. The wedding going on in the evening was very loud and we could hear the music from the DJ in our room late into the night.

Some tips if you choose to stay at the Ritz:
1. Print out all of your correspondence information via email.
2. Forego the daybed.
3. Don't expect a quiet room, especially if there is an event going on with a DJ.

Room Tip: The first floor pool-side lanai rooms are views of bushes and quite loud.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Colchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Great location in Lincoln road, close to everywhere where you want to be, very friendly and helpful staff, decent rooms. Downside was the terrible view from a non poolside room and the hotel layout was very confusing - had to ask directions a couple of times to actually find something. However, that did not really detract as it is heaps better than a standard hotel box. I would stay again even with the eye watering valet parking - but that is the price you pay for South Beach with a car

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Short walk to the beach, plenty of stores nearby. Front desk staff friendly and helpful. I loved how the doormen always held the door open and greeted you when you walked in. The lobby is beautiful too! Amazing pool with plenty of deck chairs to lounge on.

I felt that the restaurant food was a little overpriced though. I had some very expensive pancakes and it wasn't even filling. :(

We didn't have the greatest "view" from our room either. But you're not in the room much when there's so much to do in South Beach.

The bathroom is very nice, with a separate "room" (glass door) for the toilet (complete with a phone beside the toilet) ;)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Manama, Bahrain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

One of the best possible locations in miami, south beach ! Everything is in walking distance, restaurants, super markets, shopping etc. The hotel itself was average, and the facilities are quite old. We had an issue with the bathroom door, as it would lock as soon as the door is shut, and we got locked out the bathroom for more than 4 hours and eventually after hours of trying to open the door by the hotels maintenance staff, they had to break it open. For a Ritz-Carlton standard, its not acceptable. But overall, we enjoyed our stay in Miami.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This hotel is quite amazing! The service is remarkable.The staff is all smiles and warmly welcomes you every time you see one of them.
One gentleman from the hotel staff saw me walking around outside a conference room. He walked all the way up to me, shook my hand, introduced himself and asked how he could help me! What wonderful service!
My room was recently renovated - the decoration was beautiful. The check in and check out was very smooth. The location is perfect - you can walk to the shops on Lincoln road, have a nice walk on the beach. Really an spectacular travel experience.

The one down side of my stay was the food at the restaurant by the pool side. I did not enjoy my dish (I ordered shrimp, it was incredibly spicy but I don't remember any notes about the spices on the menu). I spoke with a few other people from my dinner party and they were also not impressed with the food.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach? Share your experiences!