“We're hooked!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Macomb, Michigan
“We're hooked!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

This was our first trip to the Ritz-Carlton. We were greeted by no less than five people upon arrival (one to take the car, one to get the return ticket, one to open the door, one to get our luggage, and one to take us to registration. Within minutes, we were whisked away to the 10th floor for registration at Club Level instead of waiting in line, and given wine. Mike checked us in and gave us some great tips about the area and the hotel. When we got back to our room, our bags arrived! It was time for "snack"- which is typical South Beach flair, and plenty for a meal if you have smaller appetites. Club Level offers five presentations a day, including wine and beverages with cocktails and cordials in the evening. There is beer, too- you just have to ask. Our favorite was the cookie humidor! They must have heard it was a birthday trip, because, we returned to find balloons, a mug, chocolates, and a handwritten card on the first day! Everyone on Club Level is very polite and accommodating. In particular, Mike, Kathleen, and Gabriel were great! They not only made an effort to learn about us, but shared a bit of themselves as well. It was like visiting with old friends. The pool is fabulous, and there is staff everywhere to help you find chairs or bring you an umbrella for shade. We never did see the tanning butler, and think he/she may just be a myth. The beach chairs are complimentary with thick cushions. The umbrellas are $20 and worth it in late September heat. Behind the hotel is a boardwalk great for jogging, biking and walking. You are a minute's walk from Ocean Drive and Lincoln Road is at the foot of the hotel. We loved it so much, we stayed an extra day.

Room Tip: Club level is an absolute must, and you are then guaranteed to be on a higher floor for a better vie...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I booked for 8 nights but gave up after less than 48 hours. I use the Ritz Carlton on a regular basis, but this particular hotel did not live up to expectations. House keeping is inefficient and the general standard on the Club Floor, for which one pays a significant premium, was well below anything I have experienced at any other Ritz Carlton around the world.

I would say that Jason, was very helpful and did try to put things right, but sadly I was not prepared to waste any further valuable holiday time at this resort.

In my opinion this is a heavily overpriced property, which is scheduled for refurbishment next year.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

One night at this hotel wasnt enough to enjoy the area and the beach... i wish i stayed longer... the location is the best you would wish for, direct access to the beach with sunbeds and umbrellas, you have to pay for the umbrella but not expensive... the staff on the beach are very helpful.. the pool is in the middle and with view overlooking the beach, pool bar is available... The room was pool terrace, i had direct access to the pool, that was fantastic and this along with the room itself made me wish for a company :) especially the bathroom "very big".

If i happen to be there again, i will definitely stay at this hotel...

Room Tip: Have a walk at the corniche, alot to see.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
San Francisco, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

I stayed at this property to visit family. Upon my check in I was put in a room on the 5th floor. I went up to my room to find a nude couple sleeping in "my" room. I closed the door went back to the front desk told them what happened and not even a sincere apology. The lady then said try this room on the 4th floor. This time the room was at a lower level and now had a view of the parking lot, no ocean. Also, the room was not clean at all, the pillows were all different, one feather, one foam, 2 cotton. All rooms are supposed to have the same pillows unless asked otherwise, which I always tell them online when I rent the room to give me feather pillows. Feeling aggravated I wen to the bar near the pool to grab a cocktail. The bartender was telling a story to her coworker and had to finish her story before greeting me. After she took my order both bartenders were making frozen coffee drinks for her servers to drink rather than filling up my own glass of water. I believe it is due to the Auto Grat that everyone puts on the bills here in South Beach. The people that work here were very rude and I would not suggest this property to anybody!

Owings Mills, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

I honestly wish that you had a better option than Excellent for your rating. I would say my latest stay at The Ritz-Carlton was impeccable. Once again, my experience at the Ritz was outstanding. I was in Miami for birthday and the original hotel (The Royal Palm) that we booked and stayed in Friday night was absolutely horrendous. I called The Ritz Carlton to see if there were any rooms available, first thing Saturday morning and not only did they have an available room, they allowed us to check in right away. Once I arrived at the hotel I talked Nathalia Rojas (Guest Service Representative) about my ordeal at the prior hotel. Nathalia gave me a complimentary upgrade so that the rest of our stay in Miami would make up for our horrible experience at the Royal Palm hotel. Whenever I come to South Beach, I will not stay anywhere other than The Ritz-Carlton. Their customer service is impeccable, the hotel's atmosphere was exquisite and the suite that we were given was ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!! I and all of my friends will only stay at The Ritz-Carlton. I plan on contacting the corporate office to show my appreciation. Kudos to The Ritz-Carlton...OUTSTANDING!! Thank you for saving our weekend.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011 via mobile

I love The New slogan.. Because it s true. This is my third time at this hotel and i just keep wanting to go back. First time at The club level and loved it. We stayed with 3 children in connecting rooms 919 and 917 and we were given a late check out on 24-9-2011 . Loved the convienence of The club lounge since The beginning until The last minute. Not only because of the privacy, The view, the breakfast and The rest of The meals that were excellent but especially because of The people working there , always welcoming and paying attention to every detail, smiling and bringing to The table sPecial things to our children. They seemed to enjoy their job so much as we were enjoying our holidays. We d like to thank lidia for her warmth and passion for her work and love for children! The kids hugged her every morning!! Bianca , the concierge professionally solving any situation for us , gabriel, ana maria, eddie, All of them really making a difference and making us feel relaxed and enjoy together with the kids. Ángela was really sweet with The Kids too and The pool and beach service always great. Fast and excellent in room dining! Very comfortable beds and sheets! If i d say something to improve might be to be able to ask for wiis or nintendos to entertain Kids in The room in rainy days..(they don t have for delivery to The room) And.. It s always weird to pay extra for an umbrella when you aré in a hotel like this. The rest is perfect! Thank you All for such warmth an high quality service!! Definetely will be back. And congratulations for your witty slogan...The best of it.. Is that it s true. Happy memories that will stay with us!

• Stayed September 2011
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

No surprises here. The place is as polished as you would expect from this chain. Okay maybe there is a little sand around the edge because the place sits on the ocean but for ocean front, it's really nice.

Our room was huge with a comfortable bed. The bathroom was equally large with the shower separate from the tub. Nice balcony but we never used it.

The pool area is packed tight. I personally opted for the beach. The chairs were free but umbrellas are $20. The crowd here is ... well ... not very interesting. They all seem to be left over from business meetings -- the corporate types. Lots of couples and kids. I also saw at least 3 groups that were on bachelorette type outings for the weekend.

I like that the hotel is situated on Lincoln Road. It makes the trip to Walgreens next door easy. I opted for parking a block away in the public deck for half the hotel price. There are too many restaurants to mention closeby.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach? Share your experiences!