“Old but great location.” 3 of 5 stars

Deauville Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6701 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33141   |
Ranked #153 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Old but great location.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I mainly gave a 3 because the staff was great and the hotel was in a great location with beach access. The hotel is indeed dated and could use some paint on the walls and new linen. My one complaint would be that there were no wash clothes in the room....No big deal right, called the front desk x 3 to get towels. After about 45 min I happen to hear a housekeeper in the fall and I politely asked for a few wash clothes. She asked how many and I replied "just 3" (myself, husband, and 8 y.o) She looked and said "just 3?, how about I give you 2 and you can call the front desk one 1 more". And I replied.. since my family will not play roll the dice with who will shower, how about you just give me 3 and YOU go back to the laundry room where all the clean towel are to restock your cart". Needless to say she did give me 3 wash clothes. And just as we were walking out the room to check out the front desk was delivering 3 towels. Other then this one house keeper everyone else was pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Thai first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have stayed at the Deauville about 6 times. Great location,friendly staff, rooms were beautiful. I loved that it is a beach front property. There is a Publix supermarket in walking distance so you can put snacks in the room. This is a familly friendly reort. The pool was amazing. Only about 5 miles to south beach to all the action. I perfected to stay further up at the Deauville and go down to south beach at night. Ivill be back in Augest of 2015.

Room Tip: I loved my room it was beach front itch a balcony..
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Wheeling, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

For those of us who have been going to Miami Beach for decades, you will understand when i say 'this is a Miami Beach hotel'. It is not fancy, although it does have a grand lobby. This is meet-your-needs, no frills lodging. That being said, it is beachfront, with a very nice, large pool. It is on a nice stretch of beach with plenty of store and restaurants within easy walking distance. It is generally clean and the wifi worked just fine during this trip. I have reviewed this property before, and felt like it was going downhill. I did try another hotel for my last trip but booked the Deauville again because I heard they were making improvements. I could tell they had been working on upgrading some things. The room I was in seems to have gotten new carpet, a new chair, and new curtains. The service at the front desk was friendlier and more professional. I'd say there is still room for improvement but overall it has gotten better.

I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a quieter stretch of the beach, you do not require a luxury hotel, and you're not looking to spend most of your time in South Beach.

Room Tip: Don't get a room by an elevator, and rooms on the fourth floor have a view of a roof only.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the Deauville for four days with three of my friends and it was amazing. We had all been to Miami before and we did not want to do the South Beach scene so we opted for this hotel because of its location. We really enjoyed the peaceful environment of the private beach and pool area in the day, then we took a short cab ride to South Beach to enjoy the nightlife. The room was excellent, the food was very good, and the staff was attentive. The night shift receptionist at the lobby was a little clueless and wasn't able to answer any of our questions regarding checkout but overall a very good stay.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

we stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and we enjoyed ourselves. Our room was newly renovated, but obvious that the building itself is quite old. That being said, the staff was super friendly, our accommodations were always clean and we had tons of fun at the beach and lounging at the pool. For the affordable price we paid, the area was great for walking and touring and we had a blast!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
baltimore, md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

As I write this review, I am sitting by the pool. before u come here so there won't be any surprises.

Let me say that I was very nervous and low expectations for this hotel; not only because of the negative reviews but it is n north beach. I had no problems, for the most part everything went very smooth check-in n check-out and the staff were very nice. This is speaking someone who requires little help. I did my research prior to my arrival so I didn't have any surprises. The elevators worked fine, nice staff, great location, very accessible to south beach, nice view of the ocean n pool. My only complaint is a wish rooms with partial had balconies as well. We came on a latethursday so we didn't have a problem wit check-in and requested a late check-out n was granted it($40 charge between the hrs. Of 12-3pm). Check-out no problem.

TIPS FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO GO TO SOUTH BEACH EVERY DAY LIKE WE DID: take the 120, L, S bus. The l and s bus runs 24 hrs even on the weekend, but it stops on Lincoln n Washington. If u chose to go pass 17th n Collins take the 120 bus. DO NOT TAKE TAXI.... Waste of money..... Made the mistake our first night. Bus is 2.25 each way, $5.65 for an all day pass( purchased at 71 liquor store.... 71 and Collins). If u want to go anywhere off the strip sign up for uber BEFORE U come to miami( it's cheaper than a taxi). Last thing the bus is on 65th and Indian st. If u want to go south beach!!!

I hope this advice was helpful. Enjoy your vacation!

Room Tip: If u can get a ocean view, but if u can't partial view is just as good
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This place is a dump!! We had a roof leakage in the bathroom. .the refused to comp that night!! They moved us to another room with two full size beds!!! Not even a king room. Management was awful no customer service skills. Even if you have nowhere else to stay don't stay here!!!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Been to Deauville Beach Resort? Share your experiences!