“Don't expect or compare to the Biltmore and you will be satisfied” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Deauville Beach Resort

You added Deauville Beach Resort to your Saves list
Deauville Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6701 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33141   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #156 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Florida
“Don't expect or compare to the Biltmore and you will be satisfied”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

When I hear the word resort certain expectations come to mind. I think Biltmore, the Breakers, Don Ceasar, and so on. This place is not at that level and I would suggest they remove that title from their advertisements. Nonetheless, the Deauville is a adequate hotel on a beautiful beach and in a really good location. You will face delays at check in, their computer system is not up to modern standards and they don't have sufficient agents during peak hours. It's a shame because your very first experience at check in a negative. There is no parking, no valet service and a ridiculous sign greets you with a warning to not bring coolers (for you safety... Really). I have stayed in hotels and real resorts around the world and have never been chastised over a cooler. Sadly I witnessed this family with small children being told before they walked into the hotel that they had to leave the cooler. The big bully guard talked to them as if they we're bringing a weapon into the hotel.

The lobby is very retro but they seem to be saving money by not turning on the chandeliers during the day. Also, there are several light bulbs that are not working. The bar is very nice and looks towards the pool. I requested a red wine which turned out to be rancid. The server did replace the drink without any attitude and in fact disposed of the rest of the bottle.

Our room is very nice, has plenty of towels and was cleaned on time. We have a beautiful view, a modern television and the beds (we could not get a king bed) is comfortable.

The pool area is very nice and from my window I can see someone power washing the entire pool area.

Finally, the hotel needs to step up its service and amenities; but, it is okay if you want to stay on the beach while accepting a lower standard for the price. We are here on business and had no choice but to stay at this hotel....others should consider if this is for them.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Mai B, Guest Relations Manager at Deauville Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear BSBFlorida,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay as our valued guest here at the Deauville Beach Resort.

We pride ourselves on delivering our guest an enjoyable stay and providing a great value. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Thank you again for choosing the Deauville Beach Resort

Elmsford, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This hotel is disgusting! The maids do not do their job they leave this hotel and the room filthy. No one around here speaks english so it was very difficult for me to understand anything. The evevators kept on getting stuck on my floor so i would have to take it to the next floor and walk down the stairs. I have complained multiple times to the front desk, but they are so rude they do not care! On my floor there was vomit in the hall way and every employee and maid staff walked past it and would not clean it. I have went to the front desk to ask them to have that cleaned up, after three days the vomit was finally cleaned up. This hotel is the worse hotel i have ever stayed in and i would not recommend it to anyone.

4 Thank Aliea B
Dear Aliea B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We will take your feedback into great consideration.

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

aircargoo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

this place has a great huge lobby.very nice at night when busy. rooms are a 5 out of 10....2 FULL size beds. pretty clean but not fantastic. pool is great...little coffie shop/sandwich place out front joined with hotel pretty good. (((THERES NO PARKING)))) $1 A HOUR METER OR $35 A DAY IN LOT ACROSS STREET.....after 8pm streets free but better be up by 7am...lol only stayed 2 nights 3 days i got around it cause i know area....for a couple....great place if your not driving!!!! would pick else where if i get choice next time...buuuut. would i stay again for 2 nights....YES

Room Tip: bigger is better...i got 2 full size beds. a couple would do FINE here.....its not dirty.....i had 2...
Dear aircargoo,

I would like to thank you on the behalf of the entire staff of the Deauville Beach Resort for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Deauville Beach Resort and that we met your expectations.

We truly value our guests and aim to make each guests stay pleasurable. Your useful tips on parking and room type selection can be extremely useful for other travelers.

We look forward to an opportunity to serve you and your family again in the near future.

Perth Amboy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

It was dirty, dirty, dirty! I was honestly disgusted to even take a shower in the bathroom! The beds were super tiny even if they claim they were queen sized. You can't sleep cause if people are talking outside your room or in the room next door, YOU WILL HEAR. There were dead bugs floating on the pool, and sand at the bottom of the pool. The chairs by the pool looked old and were very uncomfortable. We met just two people who worked there and were totally amazing and nice! Both were Cuban, but I can't remember their names. Honestly, it is a terrible hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear IrisGarciax,

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The only reason I am giving the Resort 4 stars & not 5 is due to the parking, to pricey to self park. Stayed in the Imperial Suite & it was impeccable! Resort staff was pleasant & professional. My family & I would definitely stay at this Resort again & would highly recommend especially if you are having a wedding. The ambience of the ballroom, the food & the service are all superb.

Room Tip: If you want space & a ocean view then the Imperial Suite is the room to get. It is stunningly b...
1 Thank LovingLifeHonestly
Mai B, Guest Relations Manager at Deauville Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear LovingLifeHonestly,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your accommodations in the Imperial Suite and that our standard of service met your expectations. We pride ourselves on delivering our guest an enjoyable stay and providing a great value. Although there are many different categories of rooms all offer fantastic city and beach views. I do agree with you however; the Imperial Suite is one of my favorites as well.

We look forward to having you and your family as our guest again in the near future.Thank you again for choosing the Deauville Beach Resort
Jacksonville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

First of all I want to say that Johnathan at the front desk was wonderful. Every other employee was awful, rude, and not accommodating at all. If I am paying a resort fee- I expect the staff to act a certain way and not pawn me off to another employee when I have a problem. I also do now appreciate being yelled at about beach chairs that I was told are included in the room. Just because I am young doesn't mean you can treat me poorly. I am a guest too and paying just as much as everyone else. Lastly- I was charged $60 for not returning towels. Which I did. I was told this would be taken care of and I would be refunded (after an hour of being transferred and telling this story to 5 different rude employees) and it still has not. Which means I have to call again tomorrow. Honestly it may be worth the $60 to just forget the whole experience in order to not to have to deal with those people ever again. Definitely would not recommend. The saddest thing of it all was I was there for a wedding that was at the hotel. And I'm sure the bride and groom expected their guests (in their block of over 70 rooms that they reserved) would be treated well.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Chloemont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The check-in process was extremely slow. How hard is it to check someone in that has reservations?

Most importantly, I can't get anyone to call me back regarding a question I have about the charges during my stay. It seems as though I was charged twice the amount I should've been charged. I've left a voice mail and an e-mail and not one person from the hotel has responded in the 24 hours since the messages were left.

The hotel itself was fine. It's a pretty good value although the resort fee of $20 and parking fee of $30 per day is ridiculous.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank cushybear1
Mai B, Guest Relations Manager at Deauville Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear cushybear1,

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us for your recent vacation.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.