When I hear the word resort certain expectations come to mind. I think Biltmore, the Breakers, Don Ceasar, and so on. This place is not at that level and I would suggest they remove that title from their advertisements. Nonetheless, the Deauville is a adequate hotel on a beautiful beach and in a really good location. You will face delays at check in, their computer system is not up to modern standards and they don't have sufficient agents during peak hours. It's a shame because your very first experience at check in a negative. There is no parking, no valet service and a ridiculous sign greets you with a warning to not bring coolers (for you safety... Really). I have stayed in hotels and real resorts around the world and have never been chastised over a cooler. Sadly I witnessed this family with small children being told before they walked into the hotel that they had to leave the cooler. The big bully guard talked to them as if they we're bringing a weapon into the hotel.
The lobby is very retro but they seem to be saving money by not turning on the chandeliers during the day. Also, there are several light bulbs that are not working. The bar is very nice and looks towards the pool. I requested a red wine which turned out to be rancid. The server did replace the drink without any attitude and in fact disposed of the rest of the bottle.
Our room is very nice, has plenty of towels and was cleaned on time. We have a beautiful view, a modern television and the beds (we could not get a king bed) is comfortable.
The pool area is very nice and from my window I can see someone power washing the entire pool area.
Finally, the hotel needs to step up its service and amenities; but, it is okay if you want to stay on the beach while accepting a lower standard for the price. We are here on business and had no choice but to stay at this hotel....others should consider if this is for them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steeped in pop culture history; Deauville Beach Resort is not only a present day getaway favorite, it is also historically an all-star Hollywood destination. Its most historic moment came in 1964 when Ed Sullivan brought his celebrated "Really Big Show" to the hotel's Napoleon Ballroom featuring what was to become one of the biggest music groups in history --The Beatles. Deauville Beach Resort's history of glitz and glamour has been long in the making before the memorable 1964 presence of The Beatles. The hotel was a favorite of the 1950's and 60's stars such as Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr., Dean Martin, Joey Bishop and Tony Bennett, to just name a few. They were attracted to the Deauville for both: professional and personal reasons. Holding packed-house performances at the famed Napoleon Ballroom and at the same time enjoying one of America's finest beach destinations. In 1957, the Deauville Beach Resort was reconstructed following the MiMo architecture aesthetics. It received the "Hotel of the Year" award and gave rise to the jewel it is today. Its doors reopened to a fully booked season of glamour, which set forth the coming of a new era for the Deauville. One of the jet-setting events at the hotel and Miami Beach's history was the creation of the "Cavalcade of Stars" show in 1959. Created by hotelier Morris Lansburg, guests from various neighboring hotels were transported to the Deauville for an unforgettable evening of all-star entertainment. Some of the world's most loved stars performed in the Napoleon Ballroom during these so called "rolling parties." Stars featured in the lineup included Red Buttons, Lonesome George Gobel, Judy Garland, Louis Armstrong, Sophie Tucker, The Ritz Brothers, Connie Francis and Tony Bennett. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Deauville Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deauville Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Deauville Beach Miami
- Deauville Hotel Miami
- The Deauville Beach Resort
- Deauville Beach Resort Miami