“Very Disappointing Experience” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #154 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“Very Disappointing Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Other than the location and the helpful General Manager, Claudio, there is not much positive one can site. The couch in the Junior Suite was not a pull-out bed as advertised (house keeping insisted it was until they came up and saw it was not); three of the four elevators were not operable in mid-day forcing guests to walk down many flights in the disgusting stairwell; no blankets on bed, only sheets; no $20 auto valet, as advertised (only self park at $30); telephone had no cord (it was completely dead)-probably a good thing after hearing about the rapacious telephone fees assessed another guest; the $20 a day fee for beach towel and chairs at beach only cover 2 chairs-additional chairs over two are assessed a $15 fee.

And, finally, do not attempt to settle up before checking out to beat the huge lines being "served' by three clerks. You can only pay up as you check out.

Too many other choices to ever consider this place.

Room Tip: Make sure it is one of the rooms with an updated bath.

1,902 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Thai first
São Paulo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Needs renovation, the hotel is very old. The closet was very dirty too and even asking for cleaning no one did it!
U have to pay US$ 30,00 a day to park ur car!!!!!Hotel parking area is near but u have to pick up your own car ....No valet

Room Tip: poll view are better
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Claudio R, Guest Relations Manager at Deauville Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. We have just acquired a new parking building and are currently looking to hire a new valet parking company to offer this service.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My parents stayed at this resort from 1/3/2013 to 1/10/2013. They brougt an umbrella and lounge chairs from home. upon checkout they were charged a resort fee of $150 for the use of beach equipment. They did not use any beach equipment. when i called to speak to the manager the front desk person refused to speak with me and handed the phone back to my dad. My parents were visiting FL from Russia, and do not speak English. Whatever they signed they had no idea that there were any additional charges. When i booked my reservation there was nothing about any extra charges. I am certainly not used to anyone hanging up on me. You can only guess how this place is going to be reviewed on Russian travel cites.

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

After reading countless reviews about this hotel, I decided to stay here for my daughter's birthday getaway. Honestly, I was nervous and apprehensive at first because I wanted everything to be perfect for my birthday girl. My first impression was that the lobby was spacious and a little gawdy and outdated. The front desk attendant was acceptable. The hallway smelled of a weird sweet like roach spray? i don't know. The room was pretty nice and clean. The view was beautiful and I loved hearing the waves at night. Breakfast was acceptable, but nothing to rave about. Since we spent the entire day shopping, we just really wanted a place to sleep comfortably without the noise of South Beach. Now, the bitter part was when I checked out! They handed me a bill for 80 dollars for local calls!!!! I couldn't believe it!!! Since I didn't want to ruin the experience for my daughter, I decided to not fight this. The abuse is just unbelievable!!!! I would definitely NOT stay here again, but thankfully, my daughter didn't notice all of these flaws and had a great time in Miami. :))) And that is all that matters.

Room Tip: Choose the top ocean front rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are glad that you found our rooms to beautiful and comfortable but we regret to hear that your experience was not up to par due to the charges for our local calls. We are reviewing your comments and will be making the necessary improvements soon.
Minnesota, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I am currently staying in this hotel. I agree. The location is terrific. However, the rooms are so so so outdated, poorly maintained, and classless it is almost a joke. I am currently paying about $200 a day to stay in a room without a bedspread (true - just sheets on the bed. . . and when I asked if this was a mistake, they informed me that all rooms only come with sheets. . . what!? and then sent me a few smelly, old, pilly, urine-colored blankets. The elevators work and don't work at will.

It is like the hotel has an identity crisis. High prices in the lounge and restaurant. A lovely lobby area. Friendly, professional front desk attention. A "resort" title. However, one step into your ratty room and you realize it was all smoke and mirrors - rather this is a LOW class accommodations.

I am not a snooty traveler. I didn't expect luxury. I also didn't expect water stained ceilings, dirty towels, and dilapidated hallways.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our rooms have recently undergone renovations and although they do not have bedspreads as it is part of our design, we do provide new blankets which you can find in the closet.
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

My sisters and I got an awesome partial ocean view room with the help of Sebatian our front desk angel. He made sure that I got one of the renovated rooms on the 15th floor. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. We had the best time, and this was the most relaxing best birthday ever. Don't always believe the hype, everyone has their preference.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Deauville Beach Resort? Share your experiences!