“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #153 of 200 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami, Florida
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The ocean front room #1611 on the 16th floor was very nice, beautiful view. Thee beach and pool absolute amazing. The room very clean and the bed was very comfortable?the lobby was big and beautiful. However if clean and staff were polite and nice.

Room Tip: The ocean front room are quieter
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Thai first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Booked hotel without knowing an awful lot but felt it was good value for money. We are pleased with our experience but have some recommendations.....
- this hotel is a bus ride from South Beach but the bus is very cheap 2 dollars to go anywhere on that route the S bus takes you to South Beach one way and aventura mall the other way (well worth an evening visit.)
- the pool and beach are excellent and you will not be disapointed.
- there is a supermarket directly opposite that is good value for money and vital for drinks, crisps and souviners etc.
- there are some fanatics resturants Normans is very good an American bar and grill opposite which also offers excellent value for money.
- there is an excellent pizza shop opposite also that gives another option for cheap eating as south beach is very expensive so by eating near the hotel first you can then get the bus to south beach for drinks.
- I reccomend upgrading or booking a superior ocean front room, we upgraded whilst there and the room was beautiful with a balcony looking out over the beach and sea..... Incredible view. The other rooms don't have balconies although all are well air conditioned.
- the hotel offers tours through a third party company that are very good and the best price around.

Overall we had a superb stay and were very happy......great location if you don't mind getting the bus to south beach for a night out (they are cheap and run all night).
Very clean with free pool and beach towels.
Ignore bad reviews this hotel is as described online, it's no 5 star but a definite three and the superior ocean front rooms are incredible well worth paying extra for.

• Stayed September 2012
Wolverhampton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Title of review sums it up. Do not expect luxury even in ocean view rooms. This hotel was ok Some parts like the lobby were lovely and generally the rooms were ok. It did needs some paint work doing including the bottom of the pool. However it was clean and staff were polite. No complaints but not bowled over either.

• Stayed August 2012
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The oceanfront room on the 14th floor was very nice, beautiful view (though the loud AC on the balcony is a bit annoying and it is too hot to sit out there in the morning sun). The beach and the water absolutely amazing. The pool also very good, though when it's crowded there isn't anywhere to sit and the service is spotty. Loved the Spanish/dance music they played, with a live DJ on the weekend. They close the pool at sunset and we managed to sneak in for a quick dip but got kicked out about 10 minutes later. Way too many rules. The best option for parking is at Collins Hotel, $20 per day, go in and out as much as you want. It's not even a block away so it wasn't a big deal. Room service was adequate, not great. Overall, I wouldn't go out my way to stay here again but I wouldn't not go either--it serves its purpose if you just need a decent place to stay. If you're planning on spending a lot of time in the hotel and its facilities, I would recommend going somewhere else or off season.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I was HIGHLY disappointed at the Deauville beach resort. I researched prior to booking this hotel and although had a few poor reviews still thought to give it a chance. Bad CHOICE.. Upon my arrival I was told that they didn't have a parking garage or valet. I needed to park my car 4 blocks away at an open parking area that I needed to wake up before 8 am to make payment so I won't be towed and ticketed. That should have been my first clue. There so-called parking shuttles we're suv or minivans that did not run frequently enough at all for the amount of guests they had on Labor day weekend. The building was old but clean. I waited for three hours to get a blanket after calling many times they stated someone was on the way. None of the service people spoke English, only the front desk. When I was finally ready to leave no one would assist me with my luggages after requesting it many times. The final straw was when checking out they asked me abt my stay, I told them they need to do better with the parking. The lady gave me such attitude. I am amazed that a place with such a beautiful ocean view could have such ugly people working there. The workers we're miserable and it showed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
MIAMI, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel one night since we booked to see a concert as well and got a pacage deal!! For starers when we arrived at hotel, valet was full and in fact had to park at a public parking 4 blocks away!! When we finally get back to the hotel, the line to check in was unbearable! We then get to our room, the hallways were dirty and smelled of mold, our room had a spectacular view but it also smelled of mold and the carpets are in serious need of being replaced! Needless to say, we were never barefoot in out room!! Just terrible service and hotel! Will never stay here again!! Beware! I think a holiday inn or any motel would be better than this place!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
St. Vincent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed at the Deauville Beach Resort for a couple of months and I enjoy every minute of my time. The service and staff were outstanding. The staff was very friendly, when i need extra service the housekeeping staff is always willing the assist me. The front desk staff always polite to me and help me with any concern i have. The hotel is always kept clean. Security officers are always patrolling so you feel safe all the time. The noise level is very good so you know you going to have a quiet sleep. My next stay in Miami will surely be the Deauville Beach Resort.Just want to take this time to thank all the staff, securities and managers for a great job they're doing on a daily basis at the beautiful Deauville Beach Resort

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Deauville Beach Resort? Share your experiences!