“Decent hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #155 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Philadelphia
“Decent hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The oceanfront room on the 14th floor was very nice, beautiful view (though the loud AC on the balcony is a bit annoying and it is too hot to sit out there in the morning sun). The beach and the water absolutely amazing. The pool also very good, though when it's crowded there isn't anywhere to sit and the service is spotty. Loved the Spanish/dance music they played, with a live DJ on the weekend. They close the pool at sunset and we managed to sneak in for a quick dip but got kicked out about 10 minutes later. Way too many rules. The best option for parking is at Collins Hotel, $20 per day, go in and out as much as you want. It's not even a block away so it wasn't a big deal. Room service was adequate, not great. Overall, I wouldn't go out my way to stay here again but I wouldn't not go either--it serves its purpose if you just need a decent place to stay. If you're planning on spending a lot of time in the hotel and its facilities, I would recommend going somewhere else or off season.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Thai first
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I was HIGHLY disappointed at the Deauville beach resort. I researched prior to booking this hotel and although had a few poor reviews still thought to give it a chance. Bad CHOICE.. Upon my arrival I was told that they didn't have a parking garage or valet. I needed to park my car 4 blocks away at an open parking area that I needed to wake up before 8 am to make payment so I won't be towed and ticketed. That should have been my first clue. There so-called parking shuttles we're suv or minivans that did not run frequently enough at all for the amount of guests they had on Labor day weekend. The building was old but clean. I waited for three hours to get a blanket after calling many times they stated someone was on the way. None of the service people spoke English, only the front desk. When I was finally ready to leave no one would assist me with my luggages after requesting it many times. The final straw was when checking out they asked me abt my stay, I told them they need to do better with the parking. The lady gave me such attitude. I am amazed that a place with such a beautiful ocean view could have such ugly people working there. The workers we're miserable and it showed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
MIAMI, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel one night since we booked to see a concert as well and got a pacage deal!! For starers when we arrived at hotel, valet was full and in fact had to park at a public parking 4 blocks away!! When we finally get back to the hotel, the line to check in was unbearable! We then get to our room, the hallways were dirty and smelled of mold, our room had a spectacular view but it also smelled of mold and the carpets are in serious need of being replaced! Needless to say, we were never barefoot in out room!! Just terrible service and hotel! Will never stay here again!! Beware! I think a holiday inn or any motel would be better than this place!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
St. Vincent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed at the Deauville Beach Resort for a couple of months and I enjoy every minute of my time. The service and staff were outstanding. The staff was very friendly, when i need extra service the housekeeping staff is always willing the assist me. The front desk staff always polite to me and help me with any concern i have. The hotel is always kept clean. Security officers are always patrolling so you feel safe all the time. The noise level is very good so you know you going to have a quiet sleep. My next stay in Miami will surely be the Deauville Beach Resort.Just want to take this time to thank all the staff, securities and managers for a great job they're doing on a daily basis at the beautiful Deauville Beach Resort

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Aarhus, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

These are the words that tell most about our experience at Deauville. Alright, where to start..
When we arrived the driveway was full and it was almost impossible to enter. We quickly learned, that no parking was available and that we had to park some blocks away. There is a valet parking, but there is only room for a few cars (less than 10). The valet staffs were very rude and did not help with anything. We were allowed to park there while checking in and taking up our suitcases, but the valet guy made it VERY clear that it was only for 10 minutes – not a second more.
The parking lot is 15 minutes of walking away and costs 1$ per hour. There is a shuttle at the hotel, but it does not drive all the time, even though they say it goes every 10 minutes. It doesn’t.
Remember to buy your parking ticket before 6 o’clock in the evening, as the machines close down at that time. Therefore, if you are on a trip all day and go back after 6 o’clock PM you will need to be there at 8 o’clock the next morning to buy your ticket when the machine opens again.

During check-in the person in the front-desk was also rude. The person had focus all other places than with us, and seemed very careless about our stress with reaching our car in time and so on. We found our room and this is where the eyes really popped out of our heads. The room had not been cleaned which was obvious as there were huge piles of dirt different places. Furthermore, the air condition is really loud, so if you have a hard time sleeping with noises around you, you will not have a minute of sleep in here. Generally it is a very noisy hotel. Whenever someone hits a pipe somewhere in the other rooms you hear it very loud. The furniture is not maintained and everything seems very dirty and used.

One of the days when we got back from a trip, we wanted to shower. We noticed, however, that the towels we had put on the floor for changing were just hung up again and not replaced. This was quite bad.
Some of the sockets do not work and one of them hung out from the wall.
The housekeeping in general seems to be of low standard. The hallways are dirty as well and do not seem maintained either. The tea and coffee available is not re stocked if you take something – you will need to call for it.
The rooms are furthermore very dark in the evenings as there is only one lamp in the room and one at the entrance.

Well, to sum up we told the front desk about our inquiries, but the only thing they had to say were, that as we did not order directly with them, they gave us the cheapest rooms (that is, the less maintained ones).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Greeted by valet shouting to move your car out of the way because the valet is full. For the record the valet offered self parking 4 city blocks away in the POURING down rain of tropical storm Isacc. The front desk employees were NO help and not friendly at all. When we asked If the valet would be closed all weekend, the answer was it was primarilly for the condo owners only. (which is not specified when you RSVP) And we were then given a blank form to fill out a 'formal' complaint to give to her manager. Keep in my my husband was dripping wet with a broken umbrella while speaking to this lady after he walked 4 city blocks to park the car. And don't be surprised at the fact that there is a DAILY per person rate of $15 a day to USE the resort pool and lounge chairs.
We then get to the 14th floor where the hallway smelled of mold and disgusting dirty carpeting. Our room smelled of mold as well, carpets dirty, bathroom towel dirty, sheets dirty and the wall behind the bed was DRIPPING water!!!!
When we called management to make our complaint heard their solution was to charge us the night and check out in the morning.
Needless to say we checkout at that very moment, checked into the crowne plaza which was cheaper AND they actually cares about there guests.
Do not book here! Run far away!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

One positive thing I can say about this hotel, and there really is only one, is that it is a nice location. And seriously, that's about it. The beach is fun, there are many great places to eat within walking distance, and the Walgreen's across the street came in very handy.

Aside from that, this hotel is really second-rate and fails to provide good customer service or much service in general. Overall, not a nice place to stay and more like one would expect when staying in a cheap drive-up motel.

The rooms are not cleaned very well, as evidenced by the hair (yes, hair) in the sink bowl upon checking in. And the layers of grime that reside in the ornate mirror frame. I envisioned numerous guests' toothpaste spit among other things in this area. Blech.

When housekeeping was asked to come up and clean the room, as it was doubtful that it had indeed been cleaned much since the last guest, they removed the hair only. They would not use cleaning solution or wipe down the surfaces or anything additional. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding, as very few people in this hotel speak any English whatsoever - and when they do, they act like they are doing you a huge favor.

During my stay (of four nights), there were only 2 working elevators (out of 4)...with a max capacity of 8 people. One day it was down to only 1 elevator. I'm sorry, but if you're willing to pay a security person to stand and monitor the elevator capacity, you can get someone out to fix it. Yes, they seriously had someone there directing traffic on and off the elevator. If I'm on vacation, I shouldn't have to take 8 flights of stairs to get to my room in a timely manner.

And the ultimate waste of time...our room door didn't work properly. It only worked when it felt like it & it wasn't that often. By the end of our stay, my roommate had literally a deck of card-sized stack of room keys. Our door would not open reliable EVER during the entirety of the stay. Each time we were locked out, she would have to go down to the front desk, wait in line, talk to someone new, prove who she was, and get more programmed keys. Initially, they tried to blame it on her, as they said she carried it next to her cell phone & somehow that made it stop working. After about the 4th time, we tried the keys immediately after she came back from the front desk with 4 new keys (and no cell phone whatsoever with her.) Only 1 out of the 4 actually made the card reader work properly and opened the door. They did send someone to try a key, but of course, that one time it worked and they seemed to think we were crazy. Spent a lot of vacation time dealing with the stupid door.

Loud music by the pool made it impossible to take a nap during the day...very loud bass (and this was from a non-pool side room 8 floors up.) No plastic bag for the ice containers. Broken glass in the stairwell that was still there the following day. Broken elevators, crappy service. Overpriced, even at convention rate. Overall, a run-down, rather unclean hotel room in serious need of renovation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Deauville Beach Resort? Share your experiences!