“Great Hotel all around” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #153 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
miami, fl
“Great Hotel all around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Ok my first statement I'm going to state here is this to everyone writing negative reviews...did you think you're getting the Ritz Carlton for a Days Inn price?!? Look yes this hotel is old and vintage, the 1960's, however they are slowly upgrading a lot of the rooms to a much more modern look. When I arrived at the hotel they ran out of king bed rooms, so they upgraded us to a 16th floor renovated room one floor below the penthouse. Room was huge overlooking the ocean and downtown Miami so I was happy. I pushed the 2 double beds together after moving the nightstand out of the way and we were perfect. Also when it comes to the staff, I had no problems with them whatsoever, the car to take me back and forth from the hotel to the public lot was never more than a 5 minute wait and the beach was perfect. The only downside to the hotel was the pool bottom does need to be redone, but not a big deal, the on site hotel needs better service, the wife ordered a burger that took an hour to make, and they need to finish the parking garage across the street that is suppossed to be built for the hotel.

But the value, location, serenity and quietness of this hotel was 2nd to none. I will DEFINITELY be back next time I want to be on the beach as I have no interest in being on South Beach with all of the noise.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Thai first
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

We rented 4 rooms at the hotel for Father's Day weekend. To begin there was no valet parking, instead we were asked to park the car 5 blocks from the hotel at a public parking area. I have never been to a hotel that offers valet parking and upon arrival does not provide it. Customer service was lacking in etiquette. We were not allowed to bring down a cooler, which was not stated on the terms and conditions prior to renting the room. We were giving two towels, for a room being occupied by four people, when requesting additional towels we were treated in a rude manner by the person at customer service, almost as if we were interrupting her. The cleaning service knocked on our door at 9:00am to ask when we would be leaving, even though the check out time was 11:00am, in addition they were yelling amongst each other across the hallway. The pool was very dirty, and no one was there to maintain it. The only good service provided was at the actual beach. I would have left but I had prepaid the room. I have stayed at Motels with better service.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

After reading all the poor reviews of this hotel, I was really skeptical about on staying here. As soon as I got there I had upgraded my room to the Ocean View balcony room, very nice and very clean room, the view from the balcony was priceless. I'm a 26 year old male that stayed here alone. I was looking for a nice vacation and a getaway from my home town. The beach, pool, the bars across the street, there's even a walgreens which was nice. South beach is only like 15min away tops, $20 cab ride with a tip. So for those who read all these awful reviews about this place, no need to be worried, I enjoyed my self very much. It was very nice and very relaxing, the whole time. Deauville is one of the inexpensive hotels from South Beach, so if your not looking to spend a lot on a room and looking for just a chilled out relaxing spot, then this is the place. I enjoyed Miami very much because of this hotel. And if your looking to have a nice room, then I strongly suggest to upgrade your room to the Ocean view balcony room. Hope this review helps you out...

• Stayed June 2011
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel was very nice. it was close to everything and we walked every where. The room was clean and check in was a breeze. There is also a great burger joint accross the street make sure you try it. Great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
sao paulo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

The hotel is old and tired although the lobby is remarkable (vintage furniture, marble, mirrors and all that stuff from the 50's-60's days when the hotel certainly was The place to stay). My room was ok: clean and large enough for two. Beds are old stile and linens should be better ones. Service is not the hight point. Locations is ok with supermarkets and pubs all around.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

I think the maid service is slow. The rooms are OK but it seems like if you accept the first room fgiven you don't get a very good room. The towel check in and out at the pool is terrible. There must be a better way.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

my husband and i stayed here one night because we were going on a cruise for our anniversary the next day when we got there we had to wait til after 11am to park our car and then we find out the only parking is valet which is 20 dollars per day later we find out our car is not out front they park it fifteen minutes down the street so u pay 20 dollars for them to run ur gas out and we had 30 dollars in rolled quarters we had forgot in our glove box we were told to bring for tolls just in case and firday morning when we got our car back they were gone along with everything in my car being messed with.... the actual rooms were not bad but the pool closed at sunset and there was not anything around in walking distance south beach by cab costs around 20 dollars and the shuttle is 2 dollars per person but is always pack so my advice is to not stay here

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Deauville Beach Resort? Share your experiences!