“My Luggage was Stoled by this Hotel!!” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added First SoFi to your Saves list
First SoFi
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   130 3rd Street, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
“My Luggage was Stoled by this Hotel!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!
I understand this is the best recomendation I can give from my experience from this place.
I have several complains from the 9 days I stayed there...
1) dirty bathrooms....
2) no room service
3) dirty towels, and You need to beg for clean ones;
4) unpolite and strange Staff: There is a canadian lady, she is kind at First moment, but onde You complete the payment ON check in, starts to be rude with us... By the way, after signed the check inn, we were infomed about an extra cost of $60 for each room for cleaning, that never happened;
5- broken chair: there is just 2 chairs per room, and 1 of them broke when I sit, and almost caused a accident..
6- no parking, even with a free pArking place to at back of the hotel, the Staff get very Mad if You dare to park your Car. They will lie to You about a Special cost at Public Parking in the corner of Collins Ave, however when You get there, the is no Special rates for this hotel!
7- the Worst one!! In the last day, I late flight, and asked the Hotel Staff to let me leave my luggages in there office. 6PM, when I returned to pick the luggages to the AirPort. I had many luggages, and when I arrived at the AirPort , I noticed that was missing my carry on Luggage. I started to call the hotel several times, and they never answered... Unfortunately I did not hVe the chance to talk to hotel, and I have to fly back home. I kept calling in the next days, and the hotel Staff sair they didnt know about the Luggage, and were very agressive during the call. I Am 100% sure it was left in their office, but keep saying it was never there... It is sad to be stoled in a hotel, but even Worst to be stoled by the HOTEL!!
STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!

• Stayed June 2013

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Great location, nicely equipped room (had washer/dryer), and reasonably priced. Not as "full service oriented like a regular hotel, more like staying in a small apartment building. It's a few couple of blocks from the wild part of Sobe, but an easy walk.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Location: Location, location, location. That's more or less the selling point. My friend made the reservations.

Reception and parking: I have to say that the woman who greeted me was absolutely lovely and gave me access to the room after I showed the confirmation. Her colleagues walked by a few times without a word. Unfortunately, she was not very knowledgeable about the parking, that includes what were the rules for street parking, how the nearby parking garage worked, etc. She directed me to a garage that was closed. As it was the Urban Festival, the situation was hell (read: first ever parking ticket which was cheaper than the garage in the end). The Miami Gang Task Force and some random Department of Justice employee helped me out. Additionally, the office hours for the receptions are extremely inconvenient for travellers. Think basically: no service.

Accommodations: a couple of dead cockroaches and someone's gob of matted hair on the shower wall greeted us. Not a really good job cleaning. I found the packets of cheap shampoo amusing... especially, considering the pricetag at $400+ plus $60 cleaning fee (yes, that was a lovely surprise that we did not know about).

I've been to Miami and South Beach many times and stayed in everything from the W to a small transvestite run motel. This is by far the worst value ever.

For the same amount of money I could have been at the W with service, parking, no hassle, and cleanliness.

Go elsewhere. Anywhere.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another establishment! :)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended this hotel. We decided to book an apartment for three people and I wish I have never done this! This place was awful, dirty and the staff extremely unpolite. At our arrival we were told the apt was supposed to be cleaned once a day, towels changed once day and beds done. We stayed there for 4 days. Our room was never cleaned. We had to ask every day for new bath towels and the beds were never done. The day before leaving we complained and you know what....the lady at reception told us "rooms are done once a week! And towels and beds the same"! We were not told the same at our arrival!!! We had to insist in order to have our towels to be replaced! At the end the lady from reception came up to our room and left our towels and change for the beds and told us " regarding the bed here is the change...you can do it!" What!!!! Last but not least the Internet wifi was not working prooerly and the router for the building was placed in another guest...we had to go continuously to nock the other guest and ask him to restart the router!!! If you re planning to stay in Miami I suggest you stay well away from this place....simply Horrible and Disgusting!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Munich, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Positiv points: the location, the size of the apartments.
Negative points: the furnitures are shiny on the first sight, but are falling apart on the second sight (one of the beds was broken, the brackets of the glass door of one of the showers were broken, various door latches were loose, and many other little things), very superficial cleaning (hairs found in the shower), few devices available at the allegedly advertised "fully equipped kitchen"(for example, no coffee machine, no water boiler, no toaster!!!!!!).
Since we could not use one of the beds and the staff, despite of trying, was not able to repair it, we got a refund of 50%.
But all in all, we were quite disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
perth,wa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Great location, easy walking to South Beach spots and great for exploring south of fifth. Short stroll to beach. Good parking arrangements made it easy to park car, because you won't need it! We stayed in a one bedroom apartment on 2nd floor, was comfortable and air conditioner worked well. Great to have washer/dryer. Apartment could be greatly improved with a little more attention to detail; more towels/bathmat, washing liquid, extra toilet paper, curtain to block out street lamp glaring into main bedroom. Overall enjoyed stay, good for casual beach holiday and budget stay in Miami Beach.

Room Tip: No elevator so just remember to ask for appropriate room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rugby
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Wasn't really sure what I was booking when I booked on line so was pleasantly surprised to find a spacious, light, well located, furnished apartment for a very reasonable price. Apartments are a mix of rent and owned. Reception has limited hours but providing you get there before 8 you'll be fine. The apartment was well equipped with cooking facilities, dishwasher, fridge freezer and washing machine. It was modern decor - white walls and furnishing interspersed with black. No parking provided but they can get you a 50% discount on a public car park on corner of Collins and 5th. Just be aware there is a $60 charge for final cleaning however long you stay even though that was not clear at time of booking. We stayed on ground floor and noise from above could be heard but it wasn't a problem.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to First SoFi? Share your experiences!