“TOTALLY MESS!” 1 of 5 stars

1330 Pennsylvania Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
São Paulo, SP
“TOTALLY MESS!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Mistake #1: We arrived at the place we book with a surprise. A close door, nobody to help us out and just a number to call in. We did it! An international call as we not from here! Can you imagine with we had no cellphone or credits?!?

Mistake #2: A lady answer the phone and told us to go to another address to get a password and a key. We also asked for parking instruction and she told us that we could park anywhere without an issue. We went back to the apartment to realize the code was not working nor the key!

Mistake #3: Meanwhile I came across a police officer to check the info on the parking and he told us that she was completely wrong and if we stood there put car would be towed!!!

Mistake #4: we went back to the place we got the keys (already pissed after a 4 hour drive) to be sent to another apartment, different then the one we rented without a clear explanation!

Mistake 5: without even knowing if the change was for good or for worse! We went for a shower to cool down. After it we went out to buy groceries. 20 min later we went back and another surprise: the very hard to guess security code 4321 was not working! We call number on the door and ask for someone to come. Two more couples came and waited for almost 40 min. We call again! Very pissed of and got the answer somebody was coming in 1 min!!! Of course nothing happened until a guy decide to jump over the fence and open or by himself!

Mistake #6: we entered but waited for the supposed maintenance guy to come. He came and open the door, and put up a bad face saying that was working and teaching us how to dial 4321! At this moment we just ignore to ovoid any more confrontations!!!

MISTAKE #7 AND THE WORST: was to woke up at 12.30am and them at 4.30am at night with an annoying and loud sound of your fire alarm because probably nobody tested it in the last weeks.

MISTAKE #8: Next day they sent a maintence guy to fix the alarm, but at the night (after midnight) the alarm started again every 30 minutes!!!!!

After lose 2 days of our vacations, they moved us back to the place that we first booked (sunbrite) and give us a discount.... ANYWAY, I DON'T RECOMEND TO ANYONE... And to avoid problems with the role "group of hotels", check first all the "hotels" from SOUTH BEACH GROUP. They have like 7 different places, but all with this same terrible "customer service".

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Sunbrite Apartments, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Good Afternoon Nina624,

Thank you so much for taking your time to provide us with your extensive feedback on your recent stay with us! We do have a gate around our property that is locked for our guests security. I did speak with the General Manager about your review and she did indeed remember this situation. She informed me that since we were sold out at Sunbrite for a Studio room booked through Booking.com we upgraded you to a beautiful huge apartment at Sunset Apartments. When booking through a third party your room type is never guaranteed. Booking.com must have made a mistake and overbooked therefore you were upgraded to another location. Unfortunately the smoke alarm had run out of battery (which is something that is out of our control) but our maintenance man came to assist you twice with this matter. The following day we moved you to Sunbrite and compensated you with 1 complimentary night for the inconveniences. We did everything that we could to try and accommodate you, and understand that you were not happy and we apologized to you profusely! Once again I would like to apologize on our behalf for the inconveniences that you experienced.

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Summary of our stay:
We got a one bedroom apartment.
It's pretty big, the whole building has brand new furniture and it was remodeled recently.
Location is ok, next to Washington ave where there's plenty of night activity going on... beach is a 15 min walk.
They will clean your apartment every 2/3 days. There are 2 plasma tvs, full kitchen(including dishes) and a bathtub. There is also laundry facility fir$3a load abd dry(no detergent).
The service is good when they're there, but they're only there during the day, at night and early morning no one on premises, so you gotta go to the Chelsea hotel if you need anything(such as keys, late check in etc), and another issue: no swimming pool.
Place is quite, no late noise at all, there are benches and couches outside the room but people were quite.

• Stayed August 2013
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Sunbrite Apartments, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Hello there yoni89,

We absolutely love when guests take the time to post their feedback, and better yet when it's 5 STARS!! :) I see that you found the apartment to be nice and spacious and were content with the remodeling that we did. We are close to all the action, yet far enough when you want to escape it and get some quiet time. Our staff is only there during the day as we are more of an apartment style property. We are glad that you had a great time while staying with us! We hope that you would stay with us again, when visiting Miami!

Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Very nice apartaments!very closed to the center!

small apartment but very well-organized, I went to Sunbrite Apartments last year with my boyfriedn!Good location, closed to Lincon Road and Ocean Drive, very stylish, you can go to the beach by walk, it takes you 5 minutes.
Reccomended if you want stay in Miami...everything is closed!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Sunbrite Apartments, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Good Afternoon Carlotta1984,

We would like to thank you for providing us with your wonderful 5 STAR FEEDBACK! We absolutely love getting such feedback from our guests! I see that you were content with the apartment and the location of our property! We do have apartments that are larger in size, just depends on what the guest is looking for. Perhaps the next time you stay with us, you can request a larger room. We hope to see you soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The location, the view and the hotel itself are amazing! The front desk ladies are very nice. The only minus was that we needed to remind about cleaning days, although they don' t clean every day , but every other day. But in total I would definitely come back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Nina G,

There is nothing that we love more then 5 star feedback! Thank you for sharing yours with us! We are content to know that you had such a wonderful time while staying with us! As we are an apartment hotel cleaning services are optional. We work around your schedule and when you would like us to come to clean your room. We hope to see you soon!

puerto rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The pictures on their website are true to form but one bad thing that I was not informed of and it is that there is no parking for the location. You spend more money on parking then anything else. The staff is very nice room is comfortable just the parking. Also make sure your mattress is ok mine was lopsided

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Good Afternoon redpoker,

Thank you for taking your time to post your honest feedback on Trip Advisor. We value all of our guests feedback! There are garages and public parking around the hotel. I am glad that you found our staff to be nice and attentive.

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Friendly and helpful staff. Clean and comfortable. Wonderful atmosphere. Perfect location,
Close to everything, restaurants, bars, nightlife. 10 min walk to the beach.
If you are young and want to have fun, then this place is perfect for you. It is mostly young people who come to this place. Not so many families with children.

Room Tip: Ground floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Sunbrite Apartments, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Hello MarjanMaz,

Your wonderful 5 star feedback is so greatly appreciated!! Thank you so much for taking your time to share it with us and our future guests! I see that you were given great service by our staff! We are definitely close to everything that you want to do in South Beach. Please come back to create another memorable time with us!

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

What seemed like a great deal at the time I booked it for $505 for 3 nights turned out to more headache than I bargained for.

The Bad:

OVERSOLD - When I arrived to the hotel at 4:30pm I learned that the hotel was oversold and since my reservation was the last one booked they were "walking" me to another property. The receptionist stayed on hold with the South Beach Group for an extended amount of time with no information. I stated to the Hotel Manager that after traveling all day the last thing I wanted to do was to get back in a cab and go to another property and why wasn't this sorted out before my arrival if they knew they were oversold. She told me that the other properties were nicer and I should be lucky to get the upgrade. Obviously she was missing the point and that wasn't the response that be given to a paying guest with a reservation for that specific property. After waiting almost an hour someone finally calls back and tells the receptionist to give me a room there and to "walk" a guest arriving later. So basically they had rooms the whole time but were holding them for someone who hadn't even arrived yet and there I was in their face for an hour. But this overbooking issue was not just with me, I heard them have the same conversation with others throughout the weekend.

SERVICE - Housekeepers clean only once every three days and the office is only open from 10am-6pm (not sure what the procedure is if you arrive late for check-in). This is not a big deal to most but please be aware of this as I was not until I arrived. Also when you check out, you have to remove all trash from the room and clean and dry your own dishes (no dish soap provided). Think about that one...you are eating off the dished cleaned by the previous guest. Yuck, I think not and this has to be a violation of the Department of Health. I wonder what bacteriological swabs of the dishes cleaned by the previous guest would reveal. Also, I asked to stay an extra hour and they wouldn't allow me to do so without a $50 charge...you think after the crappy start they could have comped the charge.

INTERNET - This had to be the worst Wi-Fi I have experienced in a long time. It was very slow and on day 2 there was a complete outage due to repairs. However it was slow again after it was back online.

The Good:

THE ROOMS AND GROUNDS - The rooms were a great size and very modern. I love the updated decor and the size was amazing. It is a huge bonus to have a full kitchen with you on vacation. The grounds were absolute beautifully landscaped and very well maintained. You would see staff cleaning very frequently.

LOCATION - Perfect location in my opinion. On a quiet street in SOBE yet a quick 5 min walk to the beach and to Lincoln Road.

Would I recommend this hotel? That is a good question. It is such a nice facility and I definitely think with some improvements on reservations, internet, and service this could be a perfect place to stay. Until then I don't think I will be back and if you do decide to book call ahead to ensure they will honor your reservation and check to see if they made changes in service.

Room Tip: Call ahead just before you travel to ensure your reservation will be honored. According to previous...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Sunbrite Apartments, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Good Afternoon ATLtoEUR67,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post such an extensive feedback! I am extremely sorry to read that you did not have an amazing time while staying with us! We did experience an issue with overbooking but was able to resolve that within some time. I am terribly sorry to read that our housekeepers did not clean your room on a daily basis. This is unacceptable and I will make sure to inform the director of housekeeping this. We always deep clean the room as well as the dishes that are provided to you. The housekeepers always clean them as the guests departs. Can you please provide me with the last name that was on your reservation? I would like to check some things on there. We did experience an issue with the WiFi and everything is resolved and back to normal. I am glad that you were content with the size of your room as well as the decor. Our location is great and all of our guests love that we are walking distance to all of the hot spots on South Beach! Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I look forward in hearing from you!

Katrine

Been to Sunbrite Apartments? Share your experiences!