“Pretty nice place to stay for a economic price” 5 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
You added Sunbrite Apartments to your Saves list
Sunbrite Apartments
1330 Pennsylvania Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
“Pretty nice place to stay for a economic price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Summary of our stay:
We got a one bedroom apartment.
It's pretty big, the whole building has brand new furniture and it was remodeled recently.
Location is ok, next to Washington ave where there's plenty of night activity going on... beach is a 15 min walk.
They will clean your apartment every 2/3 days. There are 2 plasma tvs, full kitchen(including dishes) and a bathtub. There is also laundry facility fir$3a load abd dry(no detergent).
The service is good when they're there, but they're only there during the day, at night and early morning no one on premises, so you gotta go to the Chelsea hotel if you need anything(such as keys, late check in etc), and another issue: no swimming pool.
Place is quite, no late noise at all, there are benches and couches outside the room but people were quite.

• Stayed August 2013
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Sunbrite Apartments, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Hello there yoni89,

We absolutely love when guests take the time to post their feedback, and better yet when it's 5 STARS!! :) I see that you found the apartment to be nice and spacious and were content with the remodeling that we did. We are close to all the action, yet far enough when you want to escape it and get some quiet time. Our staff is only there during the day as we are more of an apartment style property. We are glad that you had a great time while staying with us! We hope that you would stay with us again, when visiting Miami!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Very nice apartaments!very closed to the center!

small apartment but very well-organized, I went to Sunbrite Apartments last year with my boyfriedn!Good location, closed to Lincon Road and Ocean Drive, very stylish, you can go to the beach by walk, it takes you 5 minutes.
Reccomended if you want stay in Miami...everything is closed!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Sunbrite Apartments, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Good Afternoon Carlotta1984,

We would like to thank you for providing us with your wonderful 5 STAR FEEDBACK! We absolutely love getting such feedback from our guests! I see that you were content with the apartment and the location of our property! We do have apartments that are larger in size, just depends on what the guest is looking for. Perhaps the next time you stay with us, you can request a larger room. We hope to see you soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The location, the view and the hotel itself are amazing! The front desk ladies are very nice. The only minus was that we needed to remind about cleaning days, although they don' t clean every day , but every other day. But in total I would definitely come back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Nina G,

There is nothing that we love more then 5 star feedback! Thank you for sharing yours with us! We are content to know that you had such a wonderful time while staying with us! As we are an apartment hotel cleaning services are optional. We work around your schedule and when you would like us to come to clean your room. We hope to see you soon!

puerto rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The pictures on their website are true to form but one bad thing that I was not informed of and it is that there is no parking for the location. You spend more money on parking then anything else. The staff is very nice room is comfortable just the parking. Also make sure your mattress is ok mine was lopsided

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Good Afternoon redpoker,

Thank you for taking your time to post your honest feedback on Trip Advisor. We value all of our guests feedback! There are garages and public parking around the hotel. I am glad that you found our staff to be nice and attentive.

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Friendly and helpful staff. Clean and comfortable. Wonderful atmosphere. Perfect location,
Close to everything, restaurants, bars, nightlife. 10 min walk to the beach.
If you are young and want to have fun, then this place is perfect for you. It is mostly young people who come to this place. Not so many families with children.

Room Tip: Ground floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Sunbrite Apartments, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Hello MarjanMaz,

Your wonderful 5 star feedback is so greatly appreciated!! Thank you so much for taking your time to share it with us and our future guests! I see that you were given great service by our staff! We are definitely close to everything that you want to do in South Beach. Please come back to create another memorable time with us!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

What seemed like a great deal at the time I booked it for $505 for 3 nights turned out to more headache than I bargained for.

The Bad:

OVERSOLD - When I arrived to the hotel at 4:30pm I learned that the hotel was oversold and since my reservation was the last one booked they were "walking" me to another property. The receptionist stayed on hold with the South Beach Group for an extended amount of time with no information. I stated to the Hotel Manager that after traveling all day the last thing I wanted to do was to get back in a cab and go to another property and why wasn't this sorted out before my arrival if they knew they were oversold. She told me that the other properties were nicer and I should be lucky to get the upgrade. Obviously she was missing the point and that wasn't the response that be given to a paying guest with a reservation for that specific property. After waiting almost an hour someone finally calls back and tells the receptionist to give me a room there and to "walk" a guest arriving later. So basically they had rooms the whole time but were holding them for someone who hadn't even arrived yet and there I was in their face for an hour. But this overbooking issue was not just with me, I heard them have the same conversation with others throughout the weekend.

SERVICE - Housekeepers clean only once every three days and the office is only open from 10am-6pm (not sure what the procedure is if you arrive late for check-in). This is not a big deal to most but please be aware of this as I was not until I arrived. Also when you check out, you have to remove all trash from the room and clean and dry your own dishes (no dish soap provided). Think about that one...you are eating off the dished cleaned by the previous guest. Yuck, I think not and this has to be a violation of the Department of Health. I wonder what bacteriological swabs of the dishes cleaned by the previous guest would reveal. Also, I asked to stay an extra hour and they wouldn't allow me to do so without a $50 charge...you think after the crappy start they could have comped the charge.

INTERNET - This had to be the worst Wi-Fi I have experienced in a long time. It was very slow and on day 2 there was a complete outage due to repairs. However it was slow again after it was back online.

The Good:

THE ROOMS AND GROUNDS - The rooms were a great size and very modern. I love the updated decor and the size was amazing. It is a huge bonus to have a full kitchen with you on vacation. The grounds were absolute beautifully landscaped and very well maintained. You would see staff cleaning very frequently.

LOCATION - Perfect location in my opinion. On a quiet street in SOBE yet a quick 5 min walk to the beach and to Lincoln Road.

Would I recommend this hotel? That is a good question. It is such a nice facility and I definitely think with some improvements on reservations, internet, and service this could be a perfect place to stay. Until then I don't think I will be back and if you do decide to book call ahead to ensure they will honor your reservation and check to see if they made changes in service.

Room Tip: Call ahead just before you travel to ensure your reservation will be honored. According to previous...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Sunbrite Apartments, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Good Afternoon ATLtoEUR67,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post such an extensive feedback! I am extremely sorry to read that you did not have an amazing time while staying with us! We did experience an issue with overbooking but was able to resolve that within some time. I am terribly sorry to read that our housekeepers did not clean your room on a daily basis. This is unacceptable and I will make sure to inform the director of housekeeping this. We always deep clean the room as well as the dishes that are provided to you. The housekeepers always clean them as the guests departs. Can you please provide me with the last name that was on your reservation? I would like to check some things on there. We did experience an issue with the WiFi and everything is resolved and back to normal. I am glad that you were content with the size of your room as well as the decor. Our location is great and all of our guests love that we are walking distance to all of the hot spots on South Beach! Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I look forward in hearing from you!

auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I booked this place because I needed a bit of TLC after a month backpacking through Mexico. I was really surprised at how lovey my apartment was. Very clean, the bed was fantastic and there was an excellent stereo system and two televisions. The grounds themselves are lovely, especially at night when it's all lit up. It's about a five to ten minute walk to the shops. The only annoying thing was having to pick up the key from a different hotel. My flight landed mid-evening, not actually that late, but they close the reception at 6pm. The cab driver was very kind and waited for me while I checked into the other place. The wifi was fast. The ladies at the desk were reasonably friendly. I got a great deal on booking.com so overall this place was a steal. I would return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Sunbrite Apartments, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking your time to post your wonderful feedback. I am really glad that you chose to stay with us to get some TLC after a month backpacking through Mexico! We are conveniently located in the middle of all the action! I also see that your check in process went well and you were given good service. Yes- the internet is very fast here. :)
We hope to have you stay with us soon!

Kind Regards,

Katrine

Been to Sunbrite Apartments? Share your experiences!