“Simply the best” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 809 restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cross Street 17th and James Ave.
Description: Located in the Cadet Hotel on 17th and James Ave. Pied A Terre has 11 tables seating 30 people plus outside seating available depending on the weather. We serve innovative Contemporary French cuisine in a fine dining setting. Our menu is always a reflection of seasonal ingredients and local products. We offer a 6 course tasting menu featuring our signature offerings. Our cuisine is always a work in progress and we strive to ensure there are always new and exciting dishes for our guests to sample. Our wine list is unique featuring unusual wines, Boutique wineries from different parts of the world. We also offer outdoor dining with two chef's tables to accommodate larger parties. Our 2 outside patios are perfect for private parties up to 80 guests. We can accommodate any dietary requirements.
Coral Gables, Florida
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is hands down the best restaurant experience in South Florida. First, the setting is cozy..... the decor elegant with a touch of whimsy . There are only a few tables which lend one to feel somewhat privileged to be part of such an intimate experience. Then, one meets Patrick, the Maitre D' , who entices one's palate with excruciatingly delicious,detailed explanations of each dish on the menu.... Fortunately , we were a group of 5, so we were lucky enough to taste multiple appetizers, entrees, and desserts. Everything was exquisite. No need to even think about wine pairing.... Just leave it to Patrick to suggest a wine that will enhance the food you select. The prices are reasonable for the quality of food. I recommend the foie gras ( I still can taste the accompanying carrots marinated in cardamom, passion fruit and orange), the crime brûlée with a hint of lavender). Trust Patrick for any recommendation. Then, after dinner, ask for a tour of the delightful outdoor patio. What a treat!

• Visited September 2013

90% Recommend
Boulder, Colorado
“They do things different here and it works!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

If you are looking for an out of the ordinary yet outstanding culinary experience this is the place to go. My wife and I were there celebrating our 31st wedding anniversary. The person who I thought was the Maitre D' is also the sommelier and apparently also the owner based on earlier reviews. My wife often orders a cosmopolitan before dinners out but last night asked if they had any other martinis that were on the sweet side. She was told about a special martini that the sommelier/owner thought she would like only if she like the taste of licorice. While she does enjoy the taste of licorice she wondered if it would be sweet enough for her. He said that he would make it a little sweeter than normal and allow her to taste it to make sure she would like it. She loved it. I then asked if he had a Chardonnay wine he could sell me by the glass. He asked what I was planning to have for my main course and I told him the sea bass. He said he had a white wine that goes superbly with this fish but it is not a Chardonnay nor could it be compared to a Sauvignon Blanc. I said I would try it and it was superb. This wine was imported from France from a small vintner and he doubted if anyone else locally imported this wine. The sea bass in lobster sauce was delicious. When he asked how we enjoyed our meals we asked him to give our compliments to the chef. He replied that they have no chef and then told us what other reviewers had previously reported. He has several "excellent cooks" in his kitchen. Every 3 or 4 months he invites an outstanding chef from France to come over and teach his cooks the latest recipes which they are able to learn and replicate. Our entire meal including appetizers and desserts was outstanding. I would highly recommend this restaurant for any special occasion, or anything else.

• Visited November 2013
buffalo
“Excellent food, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful dinner at Pied a Terre. The service was outstanding! The entire staff saw that our every need was taken care of. Extensive wine list! Authentic French cruisine with a twist. The atmosphere of the restaurant was quaint. The table was beautifully set. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a romantic dinner or a dinner with good friends.

• Visited November 2013
Southbury, Connecticut
“Authentic contemporary French cuisine at its best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful vacation ending dinner with particular attention from the French owner, Patrick Gruest. He has a great concept of having French Michelin rated chefs come over every 4 months to instruct his staff on new contemporary recipes which are always evolving. The scallops and caviar appetizer and foie gras bonbon were out of this world - so unusual and unlike anything we have ever tasted! The. Sea bass and veal chop were also excellent. Wine choices were unusual and Patrick was helpful on his suggestions.
The service was exceptional and we enjoyed very much talking with our Russian waiter, Kirill, who was delightful!
The dinner was not inexpensive, but worth every penny - a great way to end a vacation. Try the place out for a special experience. We will definitely be back.

Visited November 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Romantic and Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We celebrated my birthday in Miami Beach and wanted to go to a special restaurant. We found it. This small French Restaurant is located in the boutique hotel called the Cadet. There might be 15 tables at most. The service was impeccable. The food was well prepared and delicious. They have a wonderful wine list. Throughout the night they made us feel special. I can't say enough great things about this restaurant. Next time I am in Miami Beach I will go there again for sure!

• Visited October 2013