“Awesome !” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pied a Terre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 841 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cross Street 17th and James Ave.
Description: Located in the Cadet Hotel on 17th and James Ave. Pied A Terre has 11 tables seating 30 people plus outside seating available depending on the weather. We serve innovative Contemporary French cuisine in a fine dining setting. Our menu is always a reflection of seasonal ingredients and local products. We offer a 6 course tasting menu featuring our signature offerings. Our cuisine is always a work in progress and we strive to ensure there are always new and exciting dishes for our guests to sample. Our wine list is unique featuring unusual wines, Boutique wineries from different parts of the world. We also offer outdoor dining with two chef's tables to accommodate larger parties. Our 2 outside patios are perfect for private parties up to 80 guests. We can accommodate any dietary requirements.
Montreal, Canada
“Awesome !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Food was great.
Great Wine and Food Matching.
Nice suprise with some unfamiliar and unique wine.
Service was fast , classy , and very friendly.

...and at the end price was ok for Miami beach , and such great food.

We will back again.

p.s. you need to try the Foie Gras with the special wine...

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Westlake Village, California
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The food was very good, and the menu is reasonably priced given the quality of the food. The owner took the time to carefully go over the menu with us. He also suggested a less expensive Champagne than the one I was going to order, and I was very happy with it.

The decor is upscale without being stuffy. I would definitely dine here again.

Visited September 2012
England
“Some good elements but a little disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Overall we had an enjoyable meal here and the food was good but we found the atmosphere a bit odd - the restaurant is very small and almost felt like someone's lounge or private dining room. I think the small / intimate vibe is definitely more suited to couples rather than a group of friends or family. We had to move table when we arrived as there were shards of glass on our original table, but the situation was dealt with well by the waitress who was very apologetic (and we were offered free puddings). But we did have an issue with the wine - the waiter poured our white wine straight into our glasses without offering for us to taste it. And then tried to pour our second bottle of wine (a different red wine) straight into the same glasses - I wouldn't expect this in a restaurant of this calibre but it's most likely just an issue of training the staff better. Overall the food was good with lots of tempting and creative choices on the menu but my mother and I both had the seafood risotto and found it too rich. Everything was presented beautifully and it's definitely better than some other places we tried in South Beach - but I'm not sure I would rush back for the price.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Timeless Class & Quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Should be number #1 on any worldwide list of dining experiences.

The best white-tablecloth restaurant I've ever dined in.
Dining here is a "must".
The cosy atmosphere in this restaurant oozes class!
Presentation, preparation, and service of the food is the best I've experienced.
The perfect place for a small that know quality, or want quality.
Wine list is exceptional, and very broad.
The intimate atmosphere makes it a perfect place for a marriage proposal.

I thoroughly recommend Pied a Terre.

I thoroughly recommend Pied a Terre!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Excelent Peruvian influenced Food in a French restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I had a romantic dinner at this small but very nice restaurant in Miami Beach. What a pitty that it was not our engagement dinner! It would have been perfect. A very friendly service lead by the French garzon made it very special. I was surprised when I suddenly saw so many peruvian influences at the menu (as I live in Peru), which was then amazingly reinforced by him telling us how important the peruvian cusine is. The result a very special and magic dinner. Amazing sea bass and shrimps, delicious!

Visited August 2012