“ON VEYOND” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Italia Hotel

You added Villa Italia Hotel to your Saves list
Villa Italia Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   354 Washington Avenue, South Beach, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #30 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boca Raton, FL
“ON VEYOND”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

I have just returned from a 4 day stay at this hotel and I am very happy to highly recommend this spot to all those who want a terrific location near all the action but want a quiet, friendly place as well. The staff and the service are exceptional from the greeting when one arrives, to assistance with luggage (I was traveling alone), large, clean, comfortable bed, tastefully furnished room and very clean, well lit bathroom. The complmentary breakfast is quite adaquate too. Help with the parking of my car, getting taxis and taking the bus was most appreciated as well. I will return again when I am in the Miami Beach area; no question about that! I also thought the prices quite fair.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

Everything about this place was wonderful - walking distance to lots of great restaurants and attractions. The local bus (25 cents)/ quick cab takes you where you need, close to the main strip (but far enough to make it quiet), staff were so helpful with directions, bed comfortable and the room a great size, great coffee at breakfast.. I know... I am gushing!

wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

Stayed 2 nights at Villa Italia before travelling on to The Keys and can highly recommend it. Photo's of the outside do not pay it justice. The hotel is immaculate, room was large, fantastic comfortable bed, flat screen t.v, lovely bathroom with large shower and complementary bath products. Complementary basic breakfast was a nice touch, bagels, toast, orange juice, coffee etc. with a pleasant patio area to sit out and eat it. Staff very friendly and informative.
I researched many many hotels in the South Beach area before selecting this one. Many are very expensive, partially on Ocean Drive. Villa Italia is within easy 2 minute walking distance of SB but is in a slightly quieter area so you can escape the mayhem if you want to and get a good night's sleep.
Some really nice looking restaurants very close to the hotel which unfortunately we didn't get chance to try. We did eat on Ocean Drive in Maya Tapas and Grill, where you are really paying for the location rather than the quality of the food. Not bad but quite expensive for what we had.
Did the Miami city tour which included the boat ride around Star Island and can recommend this especially if you are short on time. Booked it through the hotel and had a discount. Pick up point was 2 minutes walk away.
Picked up our hire car in South Beach on the day we were travelling to the Keys rather than at the airport when we arrived, this saved us 2 days car rental and car parking fees which can be very hight in South Beach. Shuttles and taxis from the airport are easy and reasonably priced.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

We spent a week at villa italia over thanksgiving and really enjoyed it. the location is central, rooms not luxurious, but spaceous and clean and staff is extremely helpful and super-friendly. example: we borrowed complementary beach towels at the front desk and were asked if we also wanted an umbrella! wow! this is like staying with people you know well, not so much like a hotel.

Quebec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at this Hotel for 2 nights. I am a very picky traveller and have rarely come across a hotel where there were so many positive reviews. I can definitely attest that the reviews were accurate. The room was spacious. What was more impressive was how clean and tidy it was. The bed was king-size, with very comfortable lines and a nice comfortable duvet. From past experiences, you can always tell how good the hotel is by how the duvet is. If it's a stiff, motel-like comforter, then the hotel quality is bad. Housekeeping was great and so were the people at the front desk. Only drawback was that the manager is a Giants fan, while I am a diehard Dolphins fan.

The location is great...only a 3-minute walk to the heart of south beach. Also, there's a bus that stops right in front of the hotel which, for 25 cents, takes you around south beach.

I've read reviews about their continental breakfast. We like to eat a big breakfast so we had some juice at the front desk and then walked a few blocks to eat. I choose hotels for accommodations, service, cleanliness and price, not for breakfast. This hotel had everything we were looking for.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at Villa Italia recently and had a wonderful time. As other reviews have indicated, the staff at the hotel are very friendly and courteous. Each of the front desk staff went out of the way to ensure our stay was enjoyable: Ana at the front desk helped us print out a coupon and set out the complimentary continental breakfast 1 hour early the day of our departure; another of the front desk staff printed out a driving tour of Miami Beach for us and gave us a direct number to her in case we got lost or had questions; on our first night, we arrived late, and Arthur walked us to our room to ensure we knew how to operate the lights (you have to stick your key card into a slot near the entrance so the lights turn off when you leave the room). You don't get this kind of service from a name-brand hotel.

Our room was also very comfortable, clean, and modern. Our bathroom was spotless, *way* cleaner than my own. I usually expect a bit of mildew here or there in a hotel shower, but this one was very, very clean. The cleaning staff was also excellent: we'd often leave in a hurry in the morning, and we'd return to our room at night with our clothes nicely folded and our clutter organized.

A few small nitpicks that were a bit annoying, but didn't jeopardize our stay: I thought the bed was a bit too pillowy (I prefer a firmer mattress); the complimentary shampoo didn't form a good lather; and you had to hold the TV remote at just the right angle to get it to operate the TV. These are nitpicks, though, to an otherwise very, very enjoyable stay.

The neighborhood was also very quiet, but also close to the touristy places. It's a short walk from the beach (~10 minutes) and 5 minutes from restaurants on Washington Ave. There aren't any clubs or bars near the hotel, so it's nice and quiet at night.

If you're looking for a clean, new hotel with super-friendly staff, this is the place for you. I researched a number of hotels when booking my vacation, and Villa Italia came out on top. They don't have some of the amenities of a larger hotel (e.g. pool, gym, or room service), but who needs those when you have the beach 10 minutes away, nice running paths nearby, and yummy food 5 minutes away?

Tip for people renting a car: Villa Italia offers *only* valet parking for $25/night. I found that it's cheaper if you park your car in the nearby meters (the neighborhood seems pretty safe for doing this, particularly if you keep your car along Washington Ave near the hotel). The meters are strictly enforced from 9 am to 3 am everyday (yes, that's three _in the morning_), but you can park up to 10 hours in a single space. Parking is $1.75/hour. Since I was gone during the day and got back in the evening, I ended up parking my rental in a metered space from ~9 pm to 3 am, which amounted to $10.50/night. The meters are also pretty smart, so if you don't want to get up at 9 am to feed the meter, you can actually pay for up to 10 hours at a time, and the meter takes into account the hours that are free. So in theory, you can end up parking you car from 9 pm to 1 pm the next day, since this is 10 hours of paid time at the meter.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 1st floor have windows that look directly onto the sidewalk, so make sure to close your...