“Marvelous Miami...Soho Smashing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Cincinnati
“Marvelous Miami...Soho Smashing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Just got back from the Soho and can't wait to return! The hotel is amazing! Our room was on the 13th floor with amazing views of the beach. The attention to detail in the minibar and hotel products is amazing! The beach was beautiful! The staff were attentive and fun! We had brunch on Sunday at the hotel and it was spectacular! All the food was fresh and amazing seasoning. I had a hair blow out and eye treatment at the spa and they were both amazing! The spa staff was great! I would love to live at the Soho...sassy and so fun!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 13th floor. The views of the beach were amazing. Sun rise views on the beach and...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sohobeachhouse1, Manager at Soho Beach House, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Hello there,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Beach House on Trip Advisor. I'm afraid we didn't meet while you were here but I am glad to hear you had a lovely time with us. You stayed in one of my favorite rooms. Hopefully we get to meet on your next trip. The Cowshed will be waiting.

Be well and do let me know next time you are heading to Miami.

Cheers,

Lilaj
lilaj@sohobeachhouse.com

159 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Geneva, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Let me start by being positive: This place has a wonderful spa! Do not miss it.
But unfortunately this hotel has absolutely terrible service. We were a group of 8 and we are unanimous. We found no service at all. No, sorry, the guy who brought up the suitcases to our room was really sweet and did his best to try to change our rooms which had none of the views promised when booking. But apart from that - zero. Front desk wondered which paper we wanted in the morning. Why? We never had any delivered. They also promised to make us lunch boxes next day. Why? Next morning they had no recollection of that and nobody was in the mood to actually go and quickly make them (=resolve the problem). They promised to make a reservation at a nice restaurant that night. Why? They forgot all about it. They promised us free drinks at the bar after two of us got food poisend by the lunch we had but of course nobody at the bar had any idea of that when we came in later that night. Let's not go on and on..... all in all this hotel is ok as long as you can stand ordering your meals and wine twice, wait for a very long time on whatever you have ordered and having a rude young man serve you your morning coffees.
But why? There are so many other hotels down the road.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
West Greenwich, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

If you like a boutique hotel, this place is for you. Awesome beach with ability to order drinks and food (takes a little while for it to come, but what's the rush - you're on the beach!). Lots of folks to get you set up in a plush beach chaise, and even coolers to keep your drinks cold should you order a pitcher of something yummy. The restaurant Cecconi's is AWESOME - the Sunday brunch is exquisite and only $30 per person - not sure how they afford that price tag when it includes a Prosecco, Bellini or Mimosa and a huge assortment of food including raw bar. The second floor restaurant/bar is nice too - neat plush couches and corner booths. The whole place is plush - gives it a very homey feel and more luxurious than other "slick" hotels. The pool was nice and pretty quiet. The Tiki lawn was cool - we were part of a party on a weeknight and the twinkling lights and seating were nice. Hoping to replicate some of it back home in our yard! Would be more than happy to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Santander, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The Soho Miami lacks the prestige and class of any European Soho House establishments. Despite the good words of the Marketing Manager, the service at Soho Beach is unbelievable uncoordinated and even rude (with some exceptions at the counter). Although the rudest are the pompous (and overall tacky) guest members, who don't cross a word with you in the lift or in the corridors.

That is, unless you are a model or a wannabe actress in 6" heel peep-toes. Disgusting and so lamentable. I've been travelling all around the world and never have stayed in a place like this. Pretentious and definitely unremarkable. It's a shame, 'cause the rooms are astonishing, as well as the dècor of the restaurant Cecconi's (good food and reasonable prices), spa, gym, library and lobby. As other reviewers pointed out, the roof bar is closed most of the time.

And of course, camera and video devices are prohibited in the premises, since there are so many famous and wondrous guests (please notice the sarcastic tone) that they have to preserve their privacy and image rights. LOL

Sorry to say that, 'cause I'm sure there are good professionals among the staff who are working hard, but wouldn't recommend this hotel and definitely won't be back.

To the Marketing Manager: you can do much, much, much, MUCH better. Take good care of ALL your guest, not just the club members, please. And train your staff so they do not ask at the check out "Have you taken with you any of the large Cowshed toiletries?" (just for them to know, I use a $350 Swiss moisturizer and with yours, worth $24, I only dared to pamper my feet). I didn't pretend to be so harsh when I started to write this review but truth is, Soho Beach is overrated.

Beautiful on the outside but a place with no soul.

Room Tip: Use ear plugs if your room is on the first to fifth floor and faces the beach. The music at the memb...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

A wonderful place to stay. Can't say enough good things! Went for our 2nd time and was just as good if not better than the first. Eleanora at check in was so helpful and friendly, made it a smooth check in, welcoming us back. Our room was breathtaking with a oceanfront view and balcony with wonderful room service! The entire staff goes out of their way to accomodate you without being obtrusive. Pool and beach service excellent. Very low key, relaxing stay. Great restaurants with short walk. Great place to stay!!! Great food, great people, great views!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

First impressions were good, friendly check in, great room, good cocktail and pretty good dinner in Ceconni's with a great waiter (Jean-Luc I think). After that it all went a bit Pete Tong. The service from the staff at the front desk the rest of the weekend was terrible. I asked for dinner recommendations and they said they would get back to me and never did and the rest of the time we just felt like we were bothering them. No one greeted us at the pool with our towels and water like we were sold on check in. And we waited an hour for a glass of wine by the pool, and would still be waiting if I hadn't gone up and asked them where it was - not even a sorry!

We stay in NY all the time and love it there, the service is far superior to Miami, maybe they need to have a stint there to train them up, or maybe it is just the Miami way or just that SH has grown so quickly the quality of service has been diluted. Either way, I would not stay there again or recommend it which is a shame as the decor and room we had were lovely with some very nice touches.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Wheaton, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

First off let me say I very rarely right reviews, only when a place is super special and only when a place is very bad! This hotel falls under bad! My husband and I stayed here for our 15yr anniversary. Based upon reviews we read about this hotel we were very excited to splurge and stay at this upscale boutique hotel! First off it is very hard to find, tucked away in the corner of the road with no big signs. Once we valet, we checked in, there is alot of staff just standing around doing nothing but looking pretty. After a 3 hour convertible ride up from the keys, my husband and I were dressed casual and hair a little wind blown, the looks we received upon check in were just plain rude. Why? because we weren't dressed to the nines in the middle of the afternoon? next they ask you for a credit card to hold until check out, which is typical, however what they don't tell you is they PRE CHARGE your credit card $250 for any hotel incidentals you 'might' have. And this hold on your credit card stays until days after your departure. It's ridiculous! We get to our room and it's very nice and unique (I'll give them that), but for a $684 night stay I expected a view of something other than a roof and a small sliver of the ocean. After we freshened up a bit we decided to explore the grounds. First and foremost, the splash pool and bar on the 9th floor is a complete joke! The pool was filthy and the bar was completely closed down for the day (this was 4pm). Come to find out it is only open certain days and certain hours. This is also another place where we received stares, I guess our swim wear wasn't grand enough! So, we decided we would head downstairs and try the other pool. oNce again , it was deserted and not a drink to be had insight. We walked thru the 'garden' which is a bunch of weeds and a deserted bar with some broken down wooden chairs, and some xmas lights. The bar was closed as well! What the heck. Everything they advertise on their website is a joke. The only place we could find a drink was inside at the restraunt bar and we certainly weren't dressed to go in there. At this point I just wanted to shower and get out of this hotel and start our night out on the town. When we were getting ready we requested the ever so popular drink while you get ready that they advertise. I can't tell you how that was becasue our bartender never showed up to our room to make our drink. Our night out was very fun and when we returned to the room we did notice they came in for a turn down service which was a nice touch. I decided that tomorrow is another day and we should start fresh again. So, the next morning we showered ( they give you cowshed products to use, while the bottles are huge , the products are not that great). After getting dressed we went downstairs for breakfast. Once we were seated we noticed something very interesting. We were seated in a section where there were other men and women eating. Across the way there was another section of seating where only men and men ate or woman with women! While I can't prove it, it was very clear that they sat gays in one section and hetersexuals in another section. How very rude!! Seriously? Let me start by saying I support gays and have several family memebers who are gay and are married. They would be insulted to stay at a place like this where they are seperated. Another thing the reviews on this site fail to tell you is that this hotel was mostly gay people (not that I have a problem with that, it's totally fine). Me and my husband were definetly a minority. Having said that, there was alot of PDA, both with straight and gay people, so this is not a hotel for children!! I'm getting side tracked here - breakfast was horrible. our Italian accent speaking waiter was rude, rude, rude! our breakfast was small and overpriced. i ordrered a side of bacon for $9 and they sent out 3 pieces of burnt, burnt bacon. I asked my waiter if this was the typical way they served their food and if he would eat it like this. He of course said no, and I said...then why would you deliver this to my table and expect me to eat it?! I just can't express enough how much the service sucked here. My last review will be the only positive one. Their beach service was awesome! I give credit where credit is due. The towel and chair boys were friendly and happy to get us set up immediately. We were givena cooler with oranges and fresh water which was an awesome touch. We got our own watering can to sprinkle the sand off your feet before sitting on your chair. anther nice touch. They gave you magazine options. They came around and served a tray of nice cold watermelon slices, so nice on a hot day!! At that point I just wanted to live on the beach for the day because this is what I envisioned the hotel stay to be like. If you take anything away from this review, there are so many other better options in miami to stay. if you do get sucked into this hotel by all the good reviews like I did, book the cheapest room you can find. Who cares what your view is like when the hotel service sucks!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Soho Beach House? Share your experiences!