“Design. That's all” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Santander, Spain
“Design. That's all”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The Soho Miami lacks the prestige and class of any European Soho House establishments. Despite the good words of the Marketing Manager, the service at Soho Beach is unbelievable uncoordinated and even rude (with some exceptions at the counter). Although the rudest are the pompous (and overall tacky) guest members, who don't cross a word with you in the lift or in the corridors.

That is, unless you are a model or a wannabe actress in 6" heel peep-toes. Disgusting and so lamentable. I've been travelling all around the world and never have stayed in a place like this. Pretentious and definitely unremarkable. It's a shame, 'cause the rooms are astonishing, as well as the dècor of the restaurant Cecconi's (good food and reasonable prices), spa, gym, library and lobby. As other reviewers pointed out, the roof bar is closed most of the time.

And of course, camera and video devices are prohibited in the premises, since there are so many famous and wondrous guests (please notice the sarcastic tone) that they have to preserve their privacy and image rights. LOL

Sorry to say that, 'cause I'm sure there are good professionals among the staff who are working hard, but wouldn't recommend this hotel and definitely won't be back.

To the Marketing Manager: you can do much, much, much, MUCH better. Take good care of ALL your guest, not just the club members, please. And train your staff so they do not ask at the check out "Have you taken with you any of the large Cowshed toiletries?" (just for them to know, I use a $350 Swiss moisturizer and with yours, worth $24, I only dared to pamper my feet). I didn't pretend to be so harsh when I started to write this review but truth is, Soho Beach is overrated.

Beautiful on the outside but a place with no soul.

Room Tip: Use ear plugs if your room is on the first to fifth floor and faces the beach. The music at the memb...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

A wonderful place to stay. Can't say enough good things! Went for our 2nd time and was just as good if not better than the first. Eleanora at check in was so helpful and friendly, made it a smooth check in, welcoming us back. Our room was breathtaking with a oceanfront view and balcony with wonderful room service! The entire staff goes out of their way to accomodate you without being obtrusive. Pool and beach service excellent. Very low key, relaxing stay. Great restaurants with short walk. Great place to stay!!! Great food, great people, great views!!!

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

First impressions were good, friendly check in, great room, good cocktail and pretty good dinner in Ceconni's with a great waiter (Jean-Luc I think). After that it all went a bit Pete Tong. The service from the staff at the front desk the rest of the weekend was terrible. I asked for dinner recommendations and they said they would get back to me and never did and the rest of the time we just felt like we were bothering them. No one greeted us at the pool with our towels and water like we were sold on check in. And we waited an hour for a glass of wine by the pool, and would still be waiting if I hadn't gone up and asked them where it was - not even a sorry!

We stay in NY all the time and love it there, the service is far superior to Miami, maybe they need to have a stint there to train them up, or maybe it is just the Miami way or just that SH has grown so quickly the quality of service has been diluted. Either way, I would not stay there again or recommend it which is a shame as the decor and room we had were lovely with some very nice touches.

Wheaton, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

First off let me say I very rarely right reviews, only when a place is super special and only when a place is very bad! This hotel falls under bad! My husband and I stayed here for our 15yr anniversary. Based upon reviews we read about this hotel we were very excited to splurge and stay at this upscale boutique hotel! First off it is very hard to find, tucked away in the corner of the road with no big signs. Once we valet, we checked in, there is alot of staff just standing around doing nothing but looking pretty. After a 3 hour convertible ride up from the keys, my husband and I were dressed casual and hair a little wind blown, the looks we received upon check in were just plain rude. Why? because we weren't dressed to the nines in the middle of the afternoon? next they ask you for a credit card to hold until check out, which is typical, however what they don't tell you is they PRE CHARGE your credit card $250 for any hotel incidentals you 'might' have. And this hold on your credit card stays until days after your departure. It's ridiculous! We get to our room and it's very nice and unique (I'll give them that), but for a $684 night stay I expected a view of something other than a roof and a small sliver of the ocean. After we freshened up a bit we decided to explore the grounds. First and foremost, the splash pool and bar on the 9th floor is a complete joke! The pool was filthy and the bar was completely closed down for the day (this was 4pm). Come to find out it is only open certain days and certain hours. This is also another place where we received stares, I guess our swim wear wasn't grand enough! So, we decided we would head downstairs and try the other pool. oNce again , it was deserted and not a drink to be had insight. We walked thru the 'garden' which is a bunch of weeds and a deserted bar with some broken down wooden chairs, and some xmas lights. The bar was closed as well! What the heck. Everything they advertise on their website is a joke. The only place we could find a drink was inside at the restraunt bar and we certainly weren't dressed to go in there. At this point I just wanted to shower and get out of this hotel and start our night out on the town. When we were getting ready we requested the ever so popular drink while you get ready that they advertise. I can't tell you how that was becasue our bartender never showed up to our room to make our drink. Our night out was very fun and when we returned to the room we did notice they came in for a turn down service which was a nice touch. I decided that tomorrow is another day and we should start fresh again. So, the next morning we showered ( they give you cowshed products to use, while the bottles are huge , the products are not that great). After getting dressed we went downstairs for breakfast. Once we were seated we noticed something very interesting. We were seated in a section where there were other men and women eating. Across the way there was another section of seating where only men and men ate or woman with women! While I can't prove it, it was very clear that they sat gays in one section and hetersexuals in another section. How very rude!! Seriously? Let me start by saying I support gays and have several family memebers who are gay and are married. They would be insulted to stay at a place like this where they are seperated. Another thing the reviews on this site fail to tell you is that this hotel was mostly gay people (not that I have a problem with that, it's totally fine). Me and my husband were definetly a minority. Having said that, there was alot of PDA, both with straight and gay people, so this is not a hotel for children!! I'm getting side tracked here - breakfast was horrible. our Italian accent speaking waiter was rude, rude, rude! our breakfast was small and overpriced. i ordrered a side of bacon for $9 and they sent out 3 pieces of burnt, burnt bacon. I asked my waiter if this was the typical way they served their food and if he would eat it like this. He of course said no, and I said...then why would you deliver this to my table and expect me to eat it?! I just can't express enough how much the service sucked here. My last review will be the only positive one. Their beach service was awesome! I give credit where credit is due. The towel and chair boys were friendly and happy to get us set up immediately. We were givena cooler with oranges and fresh water which was an awesome touch. We got our own watering can to sprinkle the sand off your feet before sitting on your chair. anther nice touch. They gave you magazine options. They came around and served a tray of nice cold watermelon slices, so nice on a hot day!! At that point I just wanted to live on the beach for the day because this is what I envisioned the hotel stay to be like. If you take anything away from this review, there are so many other better options in miami to stay. if you do get sucked into this hotel by all the good reviews like I did, book the cheapest room you can find. Who cares what your view is like when the hotel service sucks!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed at the soho beach house yesterday and we had the time of our lives. Such a great hotel! The room with sea front view and balcony was wonderful, they even have a service where a bartender come to your room and mix you a drink :) The spa is very nice and relaxing. The restaurants, cecconis above all, great!! The staff is super nice and service impecable. Will definitely come back to Soho beach house Miami!!

• Stayed January 2013
uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The restaurant was lovely and the waiters very knowledgeable and seemed genuinely interested in the food they were serving. Clientele were a little pretentious which was ever so slightly off putting (lots of surgery faces!) but all in all a nice place.

• Stayed October 2012
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed here with my husband this past weekend and ended up having an amazing time. We had a couple of issues in the beginning of our stay but the manager named Will turned everything around. Because of him, Soho house will be my home away from home. He definitely knows the meaning of customer service. The amenities are amazing but the staff make this place what it is. Also, make sure to go to the 8th floor to see the beautiful view of the ocean!

Thank you Will, David and everyone else for making my trip memorable!! I will be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Soho Beach House? Share your experiences!