“Club luxury in Miami Beach” 5 of 5 stars

Soho Beach House
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4385 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Ranked #18 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Boston, Massachusetts
“Club luxury in Miami Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This was our second trip to Soho Beach House. We had gotten a deal on jetsetter for a smaller room, but decided to upgrade to a beachfront room when we got to the property. The rooms are spectacular. I'm a bit biased, because I tend to judge hotel rooms by the bathrooms, and the bathrooms at Soho Beach House are fantastic. Because we had upgraded, our bathroom had a large soaking tub, separate from the amazing rainfall shower. Signature cowshed bath products are complimentary, and they provide you with (almost) all of the toiletries you'd need--toothpaste, shaving kit, mouthwash. (I say almost, since I forgot my contact lens solution and when I called down to the front desk, they didn't have any, but other than that, it seemed like they had everything covered!). We love that the Soho Beach House is really a private club. When you're staying there, you have access to the club events (like private screenings). We were there during a complimentary champagne tasting event at the penthouse given by Nicolas Feuillatte Champagne, which was great fun. The service is fantastic at Soho Beach House. We frequented their members only bar and felt like we got to know the bartenders during our short stay--the drinks are fantastic. Service on the beach is exceptional. Although it was quite crowded on the beach while we were there on the weekend, the service is still very good. Lounge chairs and umbrellas may be standard at any resort, but there is also an ice chest filled with water at each pair of lounge chairs, and they bring you fresh fruit intermittently through the day. We also went to the signature Cowshed spa, which is a wonderful little spa. However, I'd recommend staying away from the deep tissue massage as I felt more sore after my massage than before! Overall, my husband and I love this place--we'll definitely be back again.

Room Tip: it's worth it to pay more to get a slightly bigger room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sohobeachhouse1, Public Relations Manager at Soho Beach House, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Hello there,

A simple thank you for your generous review on Trip Advisor. We hope to see you at the Beach House in the near future.

Lilaj
Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I had to overnight in Miami on my way to the Caribbean, so at first I just looked for airport hotels, then I thought I am on holiday, I want the beach.

Lincoln road is very close and was the highlight of my visit.

The hotels is very clean nice and easy to be in. I only spoent one night so cannot sya more than it was a great experience.

Wonderful sea views on the upper floors. Wow.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Sohobeachhouse1, Marketing Manager at Soho Beach House, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Hello there,

Lilaj
Marketing Manager
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

If you like a laid back hotel where you can relax and chill out then this is the place for you. It isn't cheap but to get away from the large crowds and brash hotels futher down the beach, it is worth it.

The rooms are large and well equipped, although only a few have outside space. Food and drinks of a high quality and in my opinion it has one of the best spots on the beach. It does get very crowded at weekends when members come down to the beach so you need to be on your sunbed early.

As others have commented the service was not alwasy perfect, but they are working on it and it did not detract from a wonderful stay.

Cowshed spa feels like it has come straight from Babington House (where it orginates from). All very English and the treatments were wonderful.

The One While Changing drinks trolley in the evening is a must. Great hotel with some briliant touches.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in Hotel for 9 days, 2extra than expected due to Sandy. This was an amazing hotel, the facilities were excellent from bar to pool to beach and the service sublime, nothing was too much to ask. I spend most of my life in Hotels ,Globally ,and can seriously say that this is one of the best. I would start to name the staff who helped me but fear it would be a very long list and allow for the danger of missing someone , suffice to say all were great. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

Stayed October 2012
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Following my review - I have since had a very nice conversation with the Laurent General Manager, and have settled the issues - very impressed with interest and determination to get things right - looking forward to giving the hotel a second go!

• Stayed October 2012
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is a fabulous hotel. At least my wife and I think so but when I read reviews on Trip Advisor I wonder whether I have anything in common with the reviewer. So first of all - we are both 50ish, me professional, her full time mother, married (to each other), 3 kids at high school/university, English expats who have lived in various countries and travelled widely and generally prefer smaller boutique hotels. If you think you have anything in common with us then let me save you the time and effort of researching the dozens of other hotels in Miami Beach as we did -this is the place to stay.

The hotel has only 49 rooms which gives it an intimate feeling. Soho House have managed to create the atmosphere of a club. We stayed in a Beachside 3 which we thought was the best value for money before we booked. We were right. The room was large and comfortable with an open bathroom, walk in shower and separate loo. We had a view of the ocean - no balcony but we didn't miss having one. You'll pay a few hundred dollars more for the privilege but it's too hot and humid to open the doors and anyway there is the pool, bar or beach. The bar is great - inside/outside space. The restaurant (Italian) is staffed by Italian waiters who know what they are doing. Food and ambience great. If you enjoy wine, ask for the longer wine list.

We enjoyed the things people do on holiday at South Beach (OK the hotel is North Beach but it doesn't matter) but found ourselves scurrying back to the hotel as a refuge from the "scene". We ventured out one evening for sundowners on Ocean Drive. It's part of the Miami Beach experience but, unless you like drinking lurid pink cocktails out of goldfish bowls, my tip is to return, as we did, to the SBH bar and enjoy a proper cocktail.

Room Tip: Beachside 3 is best value for money. Spacious with ocean view. No balcony but not worth spending a f...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Not for seasoned travellers - avoid! Shabby and dirty, service slower than slow, waiting for breakfast became a joke - at $900 per night one expects - clean, TV to work and loo to flush properly - but I guess that's chic? The bar had water running from the kitchen but most didn't notice or care - but I did and was expecting 5 star it doesn't deliver. My view spend your money elsewhere - Fontainebleau next door was selling at half this price. This place need a re think and a re fit. Majority of people in the hotel are club members just using the facilities, I guess they don't see the finer points and are not spending the 900 dollars a night.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Soho Beach House? Share your experiences!