“You get what you pay for....” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Tradewinds Apartment Hotel

You added Tradewinds Apartment Hotel to your Saves list
Tradewinds Apartment Hotel
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2365 Pinetree Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Bayshore)   |
Vancouver, Canada
“You get what you pay for....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My wife and I just stayed here recently and I can't say it was a very pleasant experience. Location was ok. Few minutes from Collins about 15 minutes from Lincoln road. My greatest complaint would be the room itself. It didn't have a very warm feeling to it. The A/C was unusually loud. The shower was terrible, the temperature constantly fluctuated where it'd be scorching hot one second and then freezing the next, you would only have a few seconds at a good temperature. The maid service kept throwing soap into the toilet, don't ask me why, they did this twice. The first time it clogged our toilet, I had to ask front desk for a plunger then I had to de-clog it myself. I noticed then that there was soap thrown into the toilet. The following time I made sure to look out for it first before flushing and noticed that indeed the soap was thrown in there and this time with some other garbage. I had to fish it out.
Front desk service was fine.
The pool was pretty good i guess but weather was cold so can't really comment much on that.
Cost of the place was reasonable but in the future I will splurge a little extra to get a better place.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
My apologies for not holding up to your expectations during your recent visit here with us. If expectations aren't succeeded we didn't meet our goal, as this is exactly our forte. I am saddened to read that there were several issues during the time of your stay with us. I will review these issues with our team, and thank you for providing us this constructive feedback. I have the utmost trust in our teams and know that if your wanderlust will cause you to return, then it will be just as advertised! Thank you BoYw0nderand!!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed as a couple, first time in an apartment normally stay in hotels but took a risk and it was definately worth it. Very reasonably priced. Very clean, modern apartment in a well kept block. Comfy bed , great amenities in the apartment itself and a pleasant secluded pool area at the back to relax in if you want. Very close to a lovely beach - only 10 min walk away , close to a supermarket - only 5 minute walk away and in a safe, decent area of south beach about 20 minutes from Lincoln road walking. If you just want a pleasant inexpensive base to explore what Miami South Beach has to offer I would highly recommend. If you like to spend a lot of time around the hotel , love a good pool, restaurant, bar, etc then this is probably not for you.
The only minor faults I could pick with this is that there was no view at all out the windows just a wall and each apartment is accessed by a seperate stairwell from the ground floor that accesses about 4 apartments - for some strange reason the external door does not have a key swipe so technically anyone could enter the communal area from the road- this did concern us on arrival but we felt safe the whole holiday and im sure they must have cctv and that, just a bit of an odd one. The air con consisted of a unit in each room which was radiator height - worked excellent very cool but very noisy so not able to keep on whilst sleeping. I stress these were minor faults but understandably important to some.
We are mid 30's and really enjoyed staying here and would stay again if we visited. Worth the price!

Room Tip: a pool view would be much more pleasant for view and given my comments about security = this also as...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Good Day ATM_Liverpool,

We truly appreciate the time you took to share your positive feedback with us, regarding your recent stay! Here at Tradewinds our prices are unbeatable, and we include a lot! We are located a bit further north of all the South Beach craziness. Yet close enough when you want to be apart of it. It sounds like you were able to enjoy everything that we offer! We would love to welcome you back again in the future!

Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at Tradewinds hotel for 3 weeks and I really loved everything of it! Location is ideal, very close to the beach, to Lincoln Road, to Ocean Drive, supermarket, etc. Staff attitude is great, specially Milagros Alfonso has made the difference, always in good mood and willing to help! Also Yuan, at the front desk, provides excellent service, with answers for everything. Affordable rates as well! Next time I go to Miami Beach, definitively it will be my hotel!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Miranda L, you are a dream! Thank you so much for this amazing review! I am so glad to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and can’t wait for the opportunity to do it all again. We truly appreciate the insanely kind words and hope to see you and yours back here soon!

birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

These apartments are in a very convenient location. It is about a 5 minute walk to the beach and a 15 minute walk to where the bars and restaurants are.

The rooms are clean and have all the necessary amenities.

My only issue is that finding parking is a nightmare! The hotels car park was getting resurfaced therefore all guests were unable to park there. We found a car park which charged $20 a night.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Your review is greatly appreciated lexman!!! We are delighted to know that your time spent with us was a great one! We are located a bit north of all the SoBe action, yet close enough when you want to be apart of it. Parking on South Beach has always been a hassle. We inform our guests to not bring their cars if that is an option. We offer parking for a fee but it is limited, and is first come first serve. Come back again soon for another great time!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was a group of 3 friends who stayed at tradewinds. We got an apartment for a very reasonable price. Be aware they do have a $15 per a night fee. Rooms are clean and comfortable, but sofa bed isnt so comfy.

Pros
-Wifi had good connection.
-Friendly staff- always available and happy to help
-Nice pool area.
-happy hour at sister hotels
-free transfers.

Cons
-walls were thin. Our neighbours complaining we made noise.
- bath/shower did not drain properly. Had to wait a while before next person could use shower.
-no food or drink services at this particular hotel, however do get free lift to other hotels.
- it was 35min walk from ocean drive where all the clubs are. But u can get a bus from around the corner for 25cents up til midnight

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us Jayna ke!!! Our prices are unbeatable for everything that we offer. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the great amenities that we offer. We do not have a restaurant here at the hotel. We do have an E Car that will take you to our sister hotels, where we have restaurants and bars. The E Car is a complimentary service that offer, for your convenience. :)

Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Where do I even begin? We stayed here for two weeks and it was the best decision I ever made. This place is so affordable and located in a great area. It's at most a $10 cab ride away to Ocean Drive (usually less) and although it's not in the more exciting ritzier areas (with overpriced rooms and loud nightlife), it's also definitely not in one of the ugly, beat-down areas of SoBe. In fact, just up the road on Pine Tree are a bunch of beautiful mansions.

The decor in the room is so cute.. So quaint and adorable. Our room was cleaned every day, housekeepers very friendly and always replaced our towels. I loved the amenities - two flat screen TVs, a full kitchen which has everything you need for basic cooking, free bike rentals, free happy hour at the Riveria (an 8 minute walk), free beach towels, free internet, full length mirror and vanity, two closets and a dresser, the sofa even had a pull out bed.. The pool area was sooo relaxing and there are plenty of beautiful areas to just chill out and relax around the grounds.

We never experienced any problems.. No bugs, no noise, no cold shower water. We're pretty young and it was a nice walk to the nightlife and an easy cab ride home. The walgreens right around the corner was really convenient, and the Valero gas station has really good beef empanadas. It was the perfect place to get away to in Miami Beach without having to spend an arm and a leg, as you would if you chose to stay closer to Ocean Drive. It was very spacious and great views everywhere. Every night when we came back to the hotel, it felt more like home than some crappy one bed hotel room. I sincerely hope I will be back some day :) (personally, I wish I lived there!)

Room Tip: If you wanna save money on going out to eat, my advice is eat on Washington Avenue, and maybe on Oce...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
We miss you too elizath0rnberry!! Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Miami! We are beyond thrilled that you had such a fabulous time with us! Our rooms are definitely spacious, and offer everything you need for a great stay! We hope that you will make us your go-to hotel when visiting Miami again in the future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed in the tradewinds hotel with my family and it was amazing so close to the beach and a lot of restaurants, my room was always clean thanks to my house keepers Isabel and marisela, everyone is super friendly, front desk staff is great, definitely going back .

• Stayed August 2014
This review is fabulous, WilberGranada! We really appreciate your taking the time to write and highlight our attentive team as a high point of your stay – especially our wonderful Isabel and Marisela. We are so fortunate to have team members like them who genuinely care about each and every guest. SO glad you felt the love! Thank you so much and we can’t wait to see you for your next getaway!

Katrine

Been to Tradewinds Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!