“I can't believe this facility got such high ratings!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Tradewinds Apartment Hotel

You added Tradewinds Apartment Hotel to your Saves list
Tradewinds Apartment Hotel
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2365 Pinetree Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Bayshore)   |
“I can't believe this facility got such high ratings!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I checked in on June 30 suppose to stay until July 5th, on our arrival in the pouring rain, there was no where to park, when we finally decided to use the apt. Rental parking we made it in the hotel the agent wasn't pleasant and we got a room in the back of this place, had to run thru so many alley ways, no help with your luggage my family and I got soaked wet running thru puddles, finally get to our "luxurious" room and there's a puddle of water in front of the door way, the room was ok not clean at all, and there's no phone in the room, my bed frame had dried up blood on it, I was just grossed out so I called Hotwire and request a change of hotel this wasn't a 3 1/2 star hotel. So we went to sole of the ocean!! Awesome place and very helpful oh and they have lots of parking!! One more thing the agent at tradewind told me to ck with the parking lot around the corner we may be able to use there lot, hello I'm on vacation I'm not here to locate the closest parking garage, you can't stay out late because there no parking, doesn't sound pleasant at all to me. There were all kinds of people just hanging out in front of there apartments it rain so much there were puddles of water filled with spit gross!!! I didn't feel safe walking thru there at night.

• Stayed July 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Good Evening Jbacchus!

We value each and every one of our guests feedback and thank you for sharing yours with us! We have a loading and unloading zone in front of the hotel. We offer limited parking and is on a first come first serve basis. There are other parking options around the hotel. I am terribly sorry that your experience wasn't a 5 star one! I wish that you would come back and give us another chance. I would love to personally handle your reservation, and make sure that you have an amazing time!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

As most other reviews have said, a big selling point for Tradewinds Apartment Hotel is its location. It's very well placed for easy walking access to Ocean Drive, Collins Ave and South Beach itself.

On the down-side, my wife and I found our ground floor apartment to be a little 'tired' and worn in terms of the fittings and furnishings. As others have noted, the A/C was a bit noisy and the floor was dirty when we arrived. However, I'm pleased to say we didn't see any cockroaches !

The kitchen is a good size with all the necessary appliances and utensils, but there were no cooking knives.

The front desk staff varied in their professionalism. Some were very efficient and helpful, others less so.

The free airport shuttle is a definite bonus, but make sure you're at the right place and the right time at the airport, or you'll miss it ! There is also Happy Hour access to other hotels in the South Beach Group.

If you're looking for reasonably priced accommodation in this part of Miami, then you should certainly consider this facility.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
We value all of our guests feedback! We are in a great location here on South Beach. I am sorry that you found the apartment to be worn down. I will make sure that the General Manager is aware of this, along with the rest of your comments. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary shuttle service!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

First time in Miami FL but because of this apartment hotel unforgettable. Little paradise in the middle of busy streets of South Beach Miami. Rooms clean, smell good, big - wow. Gardens - wow. People - stuff - wow. Service - wow but breakfast missing :( I would like to have breakfast in those beautiful peaceful gardens or by the pool. Location - wow. U can simply walk around ,in about 20mins of walking u can get to Lincoln rd mall, to the beach just about 5mins. We walked everywhere - shopping, swimming, restaurants.. etc. We also rented bikes - fantastic. And the hotel did NOT charge us any extra fees or so called resort fee. We paid the exact money given on booking.com. that's it.
Last recommendation - go for this hotel. But not with a car - parking expensive. Enjoy your stay. You won't regret it.

• Stayed February 2014
Hello there elly111985,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us, regarding your recent stay! We are definitely a bit further away from all the South Beach craziness! Still close enough when you want to be apart of it. It seems like you were able to enjoy everything that we have to offer here at Tradewinds! We hope to see you again soon!

Schaan, Liechtenstein
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Good hotel for tours in Miami and Florida. Not too big, great rooms. Modern furnished, good facilities in the kitchen. Clearing service is ok. To the centre of Miami Beach it's a short distance walk .

• Stayed April 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Good Afternoon lovebug555,

Thank you for your recent visit to Tradewinds and for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you would choose to stay with us again in the future.

Princeton, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My daughter and I booked through Priceline ($70) for 5 nights, June 19-24. Since this was a graduate school graduation gift to my daughter I called reservations a couple of days before and requested an upgrade. I was pleasantly surprised that we were upgraded twice to a one bedroom apt. with 2 queen beds! (And yes, that $15 per night resort fee sucks, but I knew about it in advance.)The apt was huge, big closets, kitchen basics, plenty of towels and spotlessly cleaned every day. There's not enough kitchen stuff to cook complex meals, but I wasn't gonna do that anyway.
The front desk staff, Ricardo and Juan, were particularly pleasant and helpful. They were knowledgeable about the area and told us where to go for the free happy hours at some of their sister hotels. The well-maintained grounds are charming. We didn't use the pool, but it looked fine. Had lounges and towels were provided.
The location was great. Easy walk to the beach and all over SoBe. Since my husband and I want to move down there, we needed a car to scout out the area. But you really don't need one. Public transportation and taxis are readily available.
Our only problem was with their bike loans. Be very aware (cuz we had no clue or warning by the hotel) that bike theft is a daily occurrence on the beach!!! The bike lock (provided by the hotel) was cut and the bike stolen within 15 minutes after having been locked and parked by the beach in front of the W Hotel. Paola, the asst. manager, very politely said we'd still have to pay $125 because no bike lock works anyway. My daughter was very upset and wouldn't have taken the bike if she had been told how easily and often bikes are stolen. A security guard at the W tried to help her and told her don't even bother filling out a police report. Yes, she signed the hotel agreement that stated (in fine print) if the bike was lost or stolen we'd be charged. However, if your locks don't work, say so!!!
When we got home my husband, however, is very suspicious of this being a scam run by the hotel. I hope not because, other than that, we had a great time and I was even thinking of staying for a few months while looking for an apartment. And Ricardo, Juan and Paola seemed very empathetic about the stolen bike, but still charged us.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hello dukes225,

We value all of our guests feedback and thank you for sharing yours with us! We offer unbeatable prices, to be in a great location. Our $15 resort fee covers all the amenities that our guests love to enjoy- R/T shuttle from MIA, cocktail hour at our sister hotels nightly from 7-8PM, WiFi, etc. All of our staff work hard to make sure that everyone is having a splendid time with us! Bikes do get stolen on Miami Beach is you just leave the bike and walk away from it. We never scam our guests. We have to pay for replacements for the items that go missing. We do offer a complimentary electric shuttle service to our sister hotels that you can use, instead of the bikes.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I first arrived and fell in love with the landscaping! Nice gardens with courtyards, perfect for morning coffee. The apartment is lovely. Very clean and spacious. Staff was great! I probably drove them crazy with all my questions, but they were so patient and extremely helpful. I stayed here for 2 wks and enjoyed every minute of it. I felt like I was at home. Apartment had a full kitchen, separate living room and bedroom. And best of all, 2 flat screen tv's! Beach was about 2 blocks away. Only one negative, but this is a problem all over the beach - PARKING! If you're just staying on the beach, DO NOT RENT A CAR. There is no free parking. Learned that the hard way. Small parking lot for hotel, but it's small and $20 per day. I left my car in the lot and just rented a bike whenever I needed it. Got lucky! There were lines for the bikes every morning.What can you expect? They have free rentals! Be at the front desk early, first come first serve. There is a grocery store a few blocks away, stocked up my refrigerator. Helped having a full kitchen. Made breakfast every morning. Tradewinds will definitely be my go to place whenever I'm in Miami again. The value and the wonderful staff here are unbeatable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Stacy S,

Thank you for taking the time to review Tradewinds. I am happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay! Parking on South Beach has always been a hassle. We offer limited parking spaces, and works as a first come first serve. Not bringing a car is your best bet. Everything you want to be apart of is just a cab ride away. Miami Beach also has bikes you can rent for cheap. We hope to have you stay with us again.

Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Located in quiet area of Miami Beach. Room was big and clean with kitchen area good for long stays. Collins Rd and Lincoln Rd close by. Only hassle is parking. You have to pay $20 per day on top of the $15 per day resort fee. Free wi-fi worked well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Hello there Min_FL,

Thank you so much for sharing your honest feedback with us, regarding your recent stay! We are located a bit further north of all the action. A cab ride would take a few minutes, and only cost a few bucks. We only charge a $15 resort fee that covers all of the amenities that we include. We hope to see you again when coming to Miami!

Katrine

Been to Tradewinds Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!