“Great location, reasonable rooms ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tradewinds Apartment Hotel

You added Tradewinds Apartment Hotel to your Saves list
Tradewinds Apartment Hotel
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2365 Pinetree Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Bayshore)   |
London, United Kingdom
“Great location, reasonable rooms ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Given the proximity to the action (5 min walk from South Beach and 10-15mins from Lincoln Road) this is a great place that is value off money (I stress compared to other expensive accommodation in South Beach). The rooms are nicely done but they are not immaculate (not a massive issue but the reason I give this a 4 and not a 5). There is a pool which is lovely, but again there were dead flies in it (not a massive issue but 4 not 5). All in all good place, although if this was not in South Beach I would have awarded this 3.
FYI we managed to park for 5 days in the privately run parking lot on 23rd St opposite the gas station, $100 for 5 nights, again not bad compared to some of the other options available.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Hello Gwebbecca,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! I will make sure to inform our pool staff about your comment regarding the cleanliness. We will make sure that this gets taken care of right away, and doesn't happen again! We hope that you would stay with us again in the future!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

4 of us went to Miami Beach and used Priceline to find a hotel and we got Tradewinds. This is definitely a place I will stay again! It's such a great location, about 3 blocks from the beach and 10 blocks from Lincoln Rd. The pool is great with lots of seating and cabanas. We all stayed in a spacious one bedroom- the living room is like another bedroom. If you sleep on the couch, ask the folks at the desk for mattress covers (plural) to put on the pull out couch. Otherwise, you're going to be lying on springs.The people that work there are extremely helpful. Even though parking may be difficult, we managed to find free street parking for 4 days because we walked most places.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Hello there OlivitaSD,

There is nothing that we love to read more then wonderful 5 star feedback! Thank you so much for taking your time to share it with us! We are in a great location, a bit further away from all the action. We offer unbeatable prices, for a memorable time! Please come back again soon!

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

I heard amazing reviews about The Tradewinds and decided to give it try. I only have rave reviews for the facilities. Service was top notch and my one bedroom condo was nicely furnished - cleaning staff was great and the room was kept very clean. And the grounds were pristine. Location was perfect - a 7 minute walk to the the 25th street access to the beach.

Special mention goes to Paola, John and Carlos who went above and beyond to make me feel welcome and at home. They were instrumental in making my stay a memorable one.

The ONE and ONLY exception from me giving this a 5-star review concerns the $100 deposit upon check in.
I was assured by Paola that the $100 credit would appear back on my credit card within 7-10 working days after checking out. I left January 21, 2014 - it's now April 7, 2014 and still no sign of the $100 credit back on my credit card. I have resigned myself to the fact that I won't see that $100 again. I know $100 may not be significant for many, but $100 is a $100 - perhaps equal to a nice dinner out.

Apart from this, I wholeheartedly recommend The Tradewinds for anyone wanting to stay in Miami. It's truly a hidden gem. Just beware of the $100 deposit upon check-in.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Good Day Ottawa, Canada T,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us, and all of our future guests! Our staff all work hard to make sure that everyone is having a great time, and that everything is well maintained. We are in a residential neighborhood not far from all the action. I will make sure to inform the mentioned staff about your kind praise! We do indeed take a hold for $100 for incidentals. This hold is released the moment you check out from Tradewinds, so long as nothing was damaged in the room. It can take anywhere from 7-10 business days for your financial provider to release them back onto your account. Please contact them regarding this hold and see why they did not release it. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future!

Xemxija, Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Tradewinds is a happy, and very clean place for a holiday, we were made welcome from the time we booked in, by all the staff, especially by Susan. There is a problem with parking, if you have a car. we walked most place, or got the bus. Good Restaurant's, were about 20 minutes away depending on how fast you walk. I used the pool every day, & found it to be clean. Cleaning of rooms was very good, down side was that sometimes it was late in the day when it was done. We enjoyed the experience and will recommend this Apartment Hotel to all.

Room Tip: There are some rooms at the rear of the property (looking out on Pool area) which might be worth con...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Hello there Peter C,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful feedback with us, and all of our future guests! We are glad to read that your time spent with us was a great one! Susan is absolutely great and all of our guests love her! Parking on South Beach has always been a hassle. We offer parking on a first come first serve basis for a fee. Please come and stay with us again in the future! We would love to have you!

Harriman, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Okay, so this was the first hotel I stayed at on my visit to Miami. My husband and I booked it through the hotel service that you dial and they find a hotel based on your budget and location. Anyways, we booked it and pulled up to it. The outside is okay, my husband went into the lobby came back out, bla bla bla we got our room key and went to the room. WOW, when i walked through the door I was blown away. It looked just like a mini apartment! I wasn't expecting that at all. It's style is very chic and has dark cherry wood finishes. When I started un-packing I felt like I was in my house lol! Even when we went to check out, I had almost left my dresses that I hung up in the closet there! The bedroom has a over sized mirror which is great for looking at yourself at all angles and the toiletries are high end (i took them with me :) My apartment was very very clean and I can 100% say staying here and this being the first place I went to in Miami it put a great impression on the city. The beach is very close...walking distance and I think they let you rent bikes too...(I am not sure) I would stay here and recommend Tradewinds anytime :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Good Evening Xoxonef90,

There is nothing that we love more then 5 star feedback! We are extremely glad to know that your stay with us was a great one! Our goal is to make you feel comfortable as if you were in your home away from home. Our apartments are spacious and offer everything that you need like appliances, serving ware, utensils, etc. We offer great amenities to those who choose to stay with us such as a R/T shuttle from Miami International Airport, WiFi, cocktail hour at our sister property from 7-8PM nightly, bikes. Please come back and stay with us again soon! We would love to have you!

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

The hotel is okay. The apartments are large, lots of room, and the location isn't too far from attractions, restaurants, public transportation, the beach, etc. However, there was a mouldy smell under the sink, we found a large roach, and the room wasn't that clean. The floor was dirty but the next day they cleaned it.

The pull out couch was impossible to open---we literally had to straddle the top of the couch and jump with my legs while holding the top to open it because two people couldn't do it! The hallways have a strong odour of disinfectant and mould, but the rooms aren't as bad...when you walk in you smell it but then it "goes away".

The kitchen is nice, but beware that they don't give you things like a salad strainer, a dish rack to dry the dishes, no larger bowls for mixing, no bread knives...just small steak knives, spoons and forks with one set of 4 full plates, 4 small plates, 4 small bowls, 4 glasses and 4 coffee/tea mugs.

The front desk staff was super helpful and friendly and most of the cleaning and maintenance staff were very friendly, but one was VERY rude.

There are no elevators so if you have mobility issues beware. There are no telephones in the room either.

The sound of the AC did not bother me, you could set it to "sleep" or "low" and it won't be as loud; even "high" it did not bother me. I had no problem watching TV...there are two TVs and that's was a plus.

The washroom was on the small side, but still okay, any smaller and it would be annoying.

Construction did not bother me.

Room Tip: Second floor is better to avoid noise (but no elevator). Near the pool is good if you don't mind...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Hello there AngelaCan,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! Our apartments are very spacious and have everything you need to feel as if you were in your home away from home. I will definitely make sure that the General Manager is aware of all of this. If we were aware of these minor issues while you were with us, we would have definitely done something about this. I am glad that you were given great service by our staff, despite you found one to be not so friendly. We are terribly sorry that your stay with us was not as enjoyable as we hoped it to be! We would love for you to come back and give us another chance! I would love to take care of your reservation, and make sure your time spent with us is an all-out success!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Because this hotel is off the main strip, you get a lot more bang for you buck! The room has a full kitchen, living room, and bedroom. The pool is nice, but the best part is you're only a 5 minute walk from the beach and only about 15 minutes from the main action of South Beach! We did encounter some problems when trying to extend our stay on the website, but the front desk staff was extremely helpful. They explained that they were using a new computer system and gave me coffee while I waited for them to work things out. The best part is that there is free happy hour at one of the sister hotels and those bartenders make sure you get as many drinks as you want! I definitely recommend this place!

Room Tip: Stay by the pool, there's an extra gate for a more secure room and you'll have a nice little...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Good Day rlenahan7,

We appreciate the time that you took to share your wonderful 5 star feedback with us, and all of our future guests! We are just a few blocks away from the strip and we offer unbeatable prices, for a great location! The pool is a great spot to soak up the sun and relax. The beach is also a 5 minute walk away. I am glad that our front desk staff was able to assist you in resolving the issues you experienced while trying to extend your stay! We hope to have you stay with us again in the future!

Katrine

Been to Tradewinds Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!