“Simply great” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Tradewinds Apartment Hotel to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Tradewinds Apartment Hotel
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2365 Pinetree Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Bayshore)   |
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Simply great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have recently stayed in apartment 428, and having been to Miami Beach many times before I can honestly say that this is by far my best hotel experience in Miami Beach/South Beach. The staff was just superb; always kind and friendly, and did their utmost to make you feel right at home.

We had a view of the cozy pool area, and it is a mere 4-5 minutes walk from a great part of the beach. There is a Wallgreen's conveniently located on the corner of Collins & 23rd which is open 24/7. It takes about 15 minutes to walk to Lincoln Road, so unless you are lazy this should be just fine.

If you want to live in the middle of the action of Collins or Oceans, this might not the place for you. But if you appreciate a relaxing getaway in a spacious apartment in cozy surroundings with all the amenities you need, and you were born with usable feet, go right ahead.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Hello JiSi,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing your 5 star comments with us! :) We are grateful to know that you found our property to be the best you've tried on South Beach! Our staff is always here making sure that the grounds are well kept, and that everything is well taken care of. We are located a bit more north of all the action, yet close enough when you want to get to it. When you want a relaxing and quiet time, we are definitely the place you want to be! :)

478 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for a weekend and the staff was very friendly i was super happy with housecleaning, they did a very well job organizing the mess that my kids would make and i give this hotel 5 stars

• Stayed October 2013
Good Evening 1blood,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review to relay us with your recent experience at Tradewinds. I am extremely content to know that you had such an excellent time with us, and that you found our staff to be friendly! They are always hard at work to make sure that everyone is well taken care of, and having a great time! We would love to have you stay with us again in the future for another memorable 5 star stay!

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This hotel truly is the definition of a hidden gem when visiting Miami Beach, quietly tucked away between Pine Tree Dr and the Collins Canal. The rooms are modern with a stocked kitchen (cookingware, utensils, fridge, stove, microwave), two air conditioning units, full bathroom and double closets.

The lobby is chic and well decorated, the staff are attentive and caring. We (early 20s couple) visited from out of town and the younger staff were able to help us plan outings relevant to our interests.

Perks of this hotel include free bike rentals on a first come first serve basis. A tip: they start renting them at 9am, but show up at 8:30-45 as people line up early and they're all gone by 9. Also this hotel is part of the South Beach Group of Hotels, meaning you can benefit from any deals they offer. The one we took advantage of the most was a free shuttle to Collins Ave, dropping us off at the Catalina. From 7-8pm, drinks are free for guests of the hotel group. Again another free tip, head next door to the Dorset for drinks during happy hour, as the Catalina often is very crowded at this time. If you are served by a young Russian lad (Denis), prepare to have a great night as he is extremely generous.

All in all a great spot to stay when visiting Miami Beach. The pool is a good size, no rowdy or sketchy people and the fact people use the hotel as a long-term apartment provides a sense of homeliness.

Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony, poolview room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Good day PrimoGrande,

There is nothing that we love to see more then a lovely review with 5 stars!! :) Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us! The location of our property is definitely tucked away in a residential area, still not far at all from all the action. Our apartments are fully stocked with a kitchen, appliances, cooking and serving ware and everything you need to make you feel as if you were home. Our staff definitely knows about the hottest spots to dine, shop and to overall have a great time! We do offer a load of complimentary amenities when you stay with us- bikes, cocktail hour from 7-8PM at Riviera or Catalina (sister hotels), R/T shuttle from Miami International Airport just to name a few. Dennis is absolutely wonderful and is located in the lobby bar of Kung Fu Kitchen & Sushi. We hope to see you again soon!

Queenstown, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This hotel is fair dinkum! It has quiet an amazing view and amazing staffing! No snooks while I was staying here that's for sure! Me and my family came down there a couple of months ago from Australia and it was amazing, especially the cleaning service! These sheilas know how to do their jobs especially this one maid named Dionicia (I could never forget that name, she was very nice and helpful). They were very helpful and my room was always nice and spify. The outside gardens were amazing and I felt restful when I had a smoko. The rooms also being very wide. This hotel is good as gold! :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello lichy9182,

We are very glad to know that your time spent with us was awesome! Our staff is always hard at work making sure that the grounds of the hotel are well kept, and that everyone is content. I see that you were content with the service that our housekeepers provided you with. I will definitely let Dionicia know about your kind praise! :) Please come back for another memorable stay!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I recently stayed at Tradewinds and I can honestly say I felt like I was home. Everyone from the front desk to housekeeping were extremely efficient. I have read some of the recent reviews, and I have to say I don't agree with the negative ones. The common grounds are well maintained and the housekeeping I received daily was right on point. Not to mention the great staff at the front desk. Cudos to Omar and Joan!
The only negative...no phones and limited parking. But everyone has a cell nowadays and the parking is a problem all over the Beach.
Tradewinds will definitely become my designated hotel next time I'm on the Beach!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hello Alfredo H,

We are very content to read that you had an "Ultimate Getaway" while staying with us! Our staff is very welcoming and always ensuring that each and every guest is enjoying their time with us. We do not have phones in the rooms as it is your time to disconnect from everything. There is a phone in the lobby area that is available for you to use whenever you would like. We also take messages and deliver them to your room, if someone has called for you. Parking overall on South Beach has always been a slight issue. So many people wanting to be here, and so little space. We have limited parking here on a first come first serve. We can't wait to have you stay with us the next time that you are visiting Miami!

Glen Burnie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed in room 108, We had a great experience here, I cant wait to go back to South Beach and we will stay here again... Clean, Friendly staff and wonderful rooms. I have not 1 thing to complain about.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Hello SarahZaengle,

Thank you for your wonderful 5 star feedback! We love to hear that our guests have had a great time while staying with us! We can't wait to have you stay with us again in the near future! I see that you were content with the cleanliness of our property as well as with our staff. Hope to see you soon!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed in room 706, spacious but not cleaned enough... Bugs were available 24 hr :) but service no ! There is not one restaurant very near by, there is no breakfast available in the area period ...and make sure you bring your coffee or tea with you. I did not have hot water for two days. The air conditioned it is so loud that in my 4 nights stay I slept 10 hr in total... Very, very noise. The beach is close enough from the hotel. I will not recommend it to any one. I hate it my stay there.

• Stayed October 2013
Good Afternoon Nikkky,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us and all of our future guests! I am terribly sorry that you did not have an amazing time while staying with us! During this time of the year the critters do come out more and are looking for a cool place to stay. We advise all of our guests not to leave their windows or doors open as this is the only way for them to get in. We are located in a residential area just a few minutes from all the action. Within walking distance there are tons of restaurants, bars, etc. Our apartments provide you with everything you need to cook, make coffee/tea, and is like your home away from home. Unfortunately we do not provide you with food but everything is there for you to make your favorite home cooked meals and such. Though situations like yours are rare, it is something we must always be vigilant about as we continually try to enrich your stay with the best experience in South Beach.

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Tradewinds Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!