“Ultimate Getaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tradewinds Apartment Hotel

Save Saved
You added Tradewinds Apartment Hotel to your Saves list
Tradewinds Apartment Hotel
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2365 Pinetree Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Bayshore)   |
Los Angeles, California
“Ultimate Getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I recently stayed at Tradewinds and I can honestly say I felt like I was home. Everyone from the front desk to housekeeping were extremely efficient. I have read some of the recent reviews, and I have to say I don't agree with the negative ones. The common grounds are well maintained and the housekeeping I received daily was right on point. Not to mention the great staff at the front desk. Cudos to Omar and Joan!
The only negative...no phones and limited parking. But everyone has a cell nowadays and the parking is a problem all over the Beach.
Tradewinds will definitely become my designated hotel next time I'm on the Beach!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Hello Alfredo H,

We are very content to read that you had an "Ultimate Getaway" while staying with us! Our staff is very welcoming and always ensuring that each and every guest is enjoying their time with us. We do not have phones in the rooms as it is your time to disconnect from everything. There is a phone in the lobby area that is available for you to use whenever you would like. We also take messages and deliver them to your room, if someone has called for you. Parking overall on South Beach has always been a slight issue. So many people wanting to be here, and so little space. We have limited parking here on a first come first serve. We can't wait to have you stay with us the next time that you are visiting Miami!

497 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Polish first
Glen Burnie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed in room 108, We had a great experience here, I cant wait to go back to South Beach and we will stay here again... Clean, Friendly staff and wonderful rooms. I have not 1 thing to complain about.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Hello SarahZaengle,

Thank you for your wonderful 5 star feedback! We love to hear that our guests have had a great time while staying with us! We can't wait to have you stay with us again in the near future! I see that you were content with the cleanliness of our property as well as with our staff. Hope to see you soon!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed in room 706, spacious but not cleaned enough... Bugs were available 24 hr :) but service no ! There is not one restaurant very near by, there is no breakfast available in the area period ...and make sure you bring your coffee or tea with you. I did not have hot water for two days. The air conditioned it is so loud that in my 4 nights stay I slept 10 hr in total... Very, very noise. The beach is close enough from the hotel. I will not recommend it to any one. I hate it my stay there.

• Stayed October 2013
Good Afternoon Nikkky,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us and all of our future guests! I am terribly sorry that you did not have an amazing time while staying with us! During this time of the year the critters do come out more and are looking for a cool place to stay. We advise all of our guests not to leave their windows or doors open as this is the only way for them to get in. We are located in a residential area just a few minutes from all the action. Within walking distance there are tons of restaurants, bars, etc. Our apartments provide you with everything you need to cook, make coffee/tea, and is like your home away from home. Unfortunately we do not provide you with food but everything is there for you to make your favorite home cooked meals and such. Though situations like yours are rare, it is something we must always be vigilant about as we continually try to enrich your stay with the best experience in South Beach.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Pros. The hotel is not in the center of Miami Beach, but close, in a residential area, which provides tranquility and, on the other hand, it's just a walk distance (10/15 minutes) to eat, shop and have fun. The front desk staff was great. We did some shopping online and had no difficulties with the receipt and custody of the products by the hotel. The hotel is for people who do not care to fend for themselves, and provides the basic features for it (fridge, microwave, stove, oven, cutlery, plates etc). Interestingly, there was no phone in the room.

Cons. The cleaning service could be better. The dishes were washed only one day during our stay and the floor deserved a good scrubbing. The pool is small for the hotel (160 rooms). Offers no food service, even optional breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Hello claudiofontes,

Thank you so much for providing us with your honest feedback! I am extremely glad that you had a good time while staying with us. We are not in the center of South Beach, just a few blocks away from all the action. I am glad that you were able to experience the great service that our staff provide to you first hand! They are always looking out for our guests best interest, and want to make sure that everyone is enjoying themselves! We will gladly accept your packages and inform you when they have arrived as a courtesy for our guests. I will definitely make sure to inform the Director of Housekeeping your comment about the cleaning service and your feedback about it. Our pool is small for the amount of rooms that we have, but we do the best that we can with the space that we have. We hope that you would stay with us again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Coming to Miami and staying at this place was definitely the best choice I made. From the beginning it was clear the staff were friendly and here to help. The staff, specifically Susan & Paola, were VERY helpful, explained things VERY well when needed and found information for us when we could not. The facilities are amazing, a pool, free bike rental, as well as a free shuttle to and from the airport. As well centrally located close to shopping, the beach(a hop and skip away), as well as restaurants and even some attractions!
You cannot go wrong booking your stay with Tradewinds as you can be guaranteed great service from friendly staff who are here to help you! Overall, 10/10 for every aspect of this trip!

• Stayed September 2013
Good Evening SamCanada1,

There is absolutely nothing that we love more then to see a positive review with 5 stars!!!! :) I am glad that you stayed with us and feel that it was the best choice, I feel that way too! :) Our staff is on top of everything and wants to make sure that every guest is enjoying themselves and having a good time with us. I will definitely make sure to inform all the mentioned staff about your kind praise! We do offer great amenities when you choose to stay with us such at the R/T shuttle, complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8PM at Riviera or Catalina- just to name a few. We are just a hop and a skip away from the main strip and all the action, yet far enough when you want your peace and quiet. We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Miami Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time we've stayed at this hotel from Hotwire. The rooms are spacious and contemporary. My complaint last year was that we were left with no towels after housekeeping came in and a funny smelling room. This year, the room smells fine, but again towels were an issue. They replaced bath towels but from the way they were hanging (thrown over the rack and crooked) didnt inspire much confidence thet they werent the same towels we had previously used and just taken off the floor and rehung. The hand towels or washcloths weren't replaced so good luck washing your face. Also coffee pot didn't work and no hotel coffee was provided.

These things obviously annoyed me but the real thing that inspired this post was waking up to a HUGE COCKROACH that ran like the wind. Nothing is worse than waking up and sleepily heading to the bathroom only to experience an unpleasant adrenaline rush and be left with the heebie jeebies....not to mention the fear of not knowing if you can safely go through your suitcase or if some critter managed to take cover in your bag.

We have 2 nights left here since we prepaid thru Hotwire...I'm scared to go back.....

• Stayed September 2013
Good Evening 31Cass,

Thank you so much for the time you took in providing us with your honest feedback! I am glad to read that you are loyal and returning guests. I will definitely make sure to inform the Director of Housekeeping your comment regarding the towels, and moving forward that this doesn't happen again. Were you able to inform us about the coffee pot not working? We would have definitely provided you with one that was working. We don't provide the rooms with coffee, since we are more of an apartment hotel that is something that the guest would bring themselves. I am extremely sorry to read about the critter that you experienced in your room. I will make sure that the General Manager is aware of this, so that she can find a solution so that this doesn't happen again. We do advise guests to leave their windows closed and their doors as well, as this is the only way for these guys to get in. We would hope that you would give us another chance in the future, considering that we are going to eliminate this issue and make sure that it doesn't occur again!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Pro's:
- We got a free upgrade upon arrival from a Studio to a 1 Bedroom appartment.
- The staff at the front desk was nice (we only talked with them during checking in and out). They told us up front about a possible fee + that they would charge us 100 dollars on our card as a deposit. This we would get back after checking out if all was okay.
- The room was big and spacious.
- Daily cleaning was fine.

Con's:
- The pool area is quite small the number of rooms taken into consideration. There aren't that many deck chairs.
- We had cockroaches in the kitchen...

Stuff that would have been nice:
- Better explanation about amenities on website. We brought towells, but that wasn't needed. We didn't bring a dishcloth, but that was needed.
- A pool bar where you could buy snacks or something to drink.
- A sitting area connected to the appartment. There are areas next to the road, where you can sit and enjoy a drink at night (unless you live in one of the studios - they have a table and chairs available in front of the appartment).

All in all we enjoyed our stay, but we wouldn't go back.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Lennah,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! I am very glad that we were able to accommodate you with a complimentary upgrade to a 1 Bedroom Apartment. We are always willing to do that if we have rooms that are available. :) I see that you were able to experience the service of our staff first hand. They are all great and all take their jobs very serious, and want to make sure that each and every guest is enjoying themselves. I am terribly sorry that you found a cockroach in the kitchen area. I will make sure to inform the Director of Housekeeping about this. I will also inform the General Manager about the lack of explanation when checking in. We have sitting areas all around the hotel. Perhaps there is not one right in front of your apartment, but there is definitely one close enough.

Katrine

Been to Tradewinds Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!