“Waste of money” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Tradewinds Apartment Hotel

You added Tradewinds Apartment Hotel to your Saves list
Tradewinds Apartment Hotel
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2365 Pinetree Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Bayshore)   |
“Waste of money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed in room 706, spacious but not cleaned enough... Bugs were available 24 hr :) but service no ! There is not one restaurant very near by, there is no breakfast available in the area period ...and make sure you bring your coffee or tea with you. I did not have hot water for two days. The air conditioned it is so loud that in my 4 nights stay I slept 10 hr in total... Very, very noise. The beach is close enough from the hotel. I will not recommend it to any one. I hate it my stay there.

• Stayed October 2013
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Good Afternoon Nikkky,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us and all of our future guests! I am terribly sorry that you did not have an amazing time while staying with us! During this time of the year the critters do come out more and are looking for a cool place to stay. We advise all of our guests not to leave their windows or doors open as this is the only way for them to get in. We are located in a residential area just a few minutes from all the action. Within walking distance there are tons of restaurants, bars, etc. Our apartments provide you with everything you need to cook, make coffee/tea, and is like your home away from home. Unfortunately we do not provide you with food but everything is there for you to make your favorite home cooked meals and such. Though situations like yours are rare, it is something we must always be vigilant about as we continually try to enrich your stay with the best experience in South Beach.

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Pros. The hotel is not in the center of Miami Beach, but close, in a residential area, which provides tranquility and, on the other hand, it's just a walk distance (10/15 minutes) to eat, shop and have fun. The front desk staff was great. We did some shopping online and had no difficulties with the receipt and custody of the products by the hotel. The hotel is for people who do not care to fend for themselves, and provides the basic features for it (fridge, microwave, stove, oven, cutlery, plates etc). Interestingly, there was no phone in the room.

Cons. The cleaning service could be better. The dishes were washed only one day during our stay and the floor deserved a good scrubbing. The pool is small for the hotel (160 rooms). Offers no food service, even optional breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Hello claudiofontes,

Thank you so much for providing us with your honest feedback! I am extremely glad that you had a good time while staying with us. We are not in the center of South Beach, just a few blocks away from all the action. I am glad that you were able to experience the great service that our staff provide to you first hand! They are always looking out for our guests best interest, and want to make sure that everyone is enjoying themselves! We will gladly accept your packages and inform you when they have arrived as a courtesy for our guests. I will definitely make sure to inform the Director of Housekeeping your comment about the cleaning service and your feedback about it. Our pool is small for the amount of rooms that we have, but we do the best that we can with the space that we have. We hope that you would stay with us again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Coming to Miami and staying at this place was definitely the best choice I made. From the beginning it was clear the staff were friendly and here to help. The staff, specifically Susan & Paola, were VERY helpful, explained things VERY well when needed and found information for us when we could not. The facilities are amazing, a pool, free bike rental, as well as a free shuttle to and from the airport. As well centrally located close to shopping, the beach(a hop and skip away), as well as restaurants and even some attractions!
You cannot go wrong booking your stay with Tradewinds as you can be guaranteed great service from friendly staff who are here to help you! Overall, 10/10 for every aspect of this trip!

• Stayed September 2013
Good Evening SamCanada1,

There is absolutely nothing that we love more then to see a positive review with 5 stars!!!! :) I am glad that you stayed with us and feel that it was the best choice, I feel that way too! :) Our staff is on top of everything and wants to make sure that every guest is enjoying themselves and having a good time with us. I will definitely make sure to inform all the mentioned staff about your kind praise! We do offer great amenities when you choose to stay with us such at the R/T shuttle, complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8PM at Riviera or Catalina- just to name a few. We are just a hop and a skip away from the main strip and all the action, yet far enough when you want your peace and quiet. We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Miami Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time we've stayed at this hotel from Hotwire. The rooms are spacious and contemporary. My complaint last year was that we were left with no towels after housekeeping came in and a funny smelling room. This year, the room smells fine, but again towels were an issue. They replaced bath towels but from the way they were hanging (thrown over the rack and crooked) didnt inspire much confidence thet they werent the same towels we had previously used and just taken off the floor and rehung. The hand towels or washcloths weren't replaced so good luck washing your face. Also coffee pot didn't work and no hotel coffee was provided.

These things obviously annoyed me but the real thing that inspired this post was waking up to a HUGE COCKROACH that ran like the wind. Nothing is worse than waking up and sleepily heading to the bathroom only to experience an unpleasant adrenaline rush and be left with the heebie jeebies....not to mention the fear of not knowing if you can safely go through your suitcase or if some critter managed to take cover in your bag.

We have 2 nights left here since we prepaid thru Hotwire...I'm scared to go back.....

• Stayed September 2013
Good Evening 31Cass,

Thank you so much for the time you took in providing us with your honest feedback! I am glad to read that you are loyal and returning guests. I will definitely make sure to inform the Director of Housekeeping your comment regarding the towels, and moving forward that this doesn't happen again. Were you able to inform us about the coffee pot not working? We would have definitely provided you with one that was working. We don't provide the rooms with coffee, since we are more of an apartment hotel that is something that the guest would bring themselves. I am extremely sorry to read about the critter that you experienced in your room. I will make sure that the General Manager is aware of this, so that she can find a solution so that this doesn't happen again. We do advise guests to leave their windows closed and their doors as well, as this is the only way for these guys to get in. We would hope that you would give us another chance in the future, considering that we are going to eliminate this issue and make sure that it doesn't occur again!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Pro's:
- We got a free upgrade upon arrival from a Studio to a 1 Bedroom appartment.
- The staff at the front desk was nice (we only talked with them during checking in and out). They told us up front about a possible fee + that they would charge us 100 dollars on our card as a deposit. This we would get back after checking out if all was okay.
- The room was big and spacious.
- Daily cleaning was fine.

Con's:
- The pool area is quite small the number of rooms taken into consideration. There aren't that many deck chairs.
- We had cockroaches in the kitchen...

Stuff that would have been nice:
- Better explanation about amenities on website. We brought towells, but that wasn't needed. We didn't bring a dishcloth, but that was needed.
- A pool bar where you could buy snacks or something to drink.
- A sitting area connected to the appartment. There are areas next to the road, where you can sit and enjoy a drink at night (unless you live in one of the studios - they have a table and chairs available in front of the appartment).

All in all we enjoyed our stay, but we wouldn't go back.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Lennah,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! I am very glad that we were able to accommodate you with a complimentary upgrade to a 1 Bedroom Apartment. We are always willing to do that if we have rooms that are available. :) I see that you were able to experience the service of our staff first hand. They are all great and all take their jobs very serious, and want to make sure that each and every guest is enjoying themselves. I am terribly sorry that you found a cockroach in the kitchen area. I will make sure to inform the Director of Housekeeping about this. I will also inform the General Manager about the lack of explanation when checking in. We have sitting areas all around the hotel. Perhaps there is not one right in front of your apartment, but there is definitely one close enough.

Stevenage, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed here for 9 nights from 4th Sept - 14th Sept. I stayed here on my own and this was my first time visiting the USA. The apartments are really good and spacious (i had a 1bed apt room 702) and they were a good size. They were cleaned everyday and new towels supplied daily. Overall i can`t knock this place as the grounds were kept in tip-top condition and everything was clean. I did have 2 cockroaches scurrying across the living room floor, but thats not a deal breaker.
The apartments were well placed for the beach as this was just a short walk away.
As someones previous review mentioned, yes you can hear what everyone else is doing of a night time IE music playing, doors slamming, high heels walking across floors, ppl having sex etc etc, but this goes on in all hotels.
This place is a bit far away from the action and tbh, was quite a walk if you wanted to go and have breakfast or a meal of a night time down on the strip facing the sea. I think this place has missed out on a massive trick by not having a in-house restaurant or bar as being a single holidaymaker it would of been nice to have got to know some of the other ppl staying at the complex and a bar/restaurant would have acted as a good hub to meet other ppl staying here, also after a day at the beach it would of been nice to have come back and chilled with a few drinks after a day of frazzling in the sun, or if you fancied a quiet night without having to go in town then this would have been ideal.
The pool and lounge area is way too small per ratio/number of apartments and would get very busy quick so i use to chill on the beach everyday.
It would of been nice to have a private terrace or patio to have your first cuppa in the morning in the sun.
Also there is no changing/wash room to use/hire in the situation if your flight is late at night and you`ve checked out at midday then had to doss on the beach all day, it would of been a nice to clean up before your flight home and i would not of minded paying $5 or $10 to hire a bathroom to freshen up, instead of cramming myself in that postage box size toilet in the reception area to change.
Sorry guys but as nice and plush as these apartments are they`re just too far from the action for me and i can`t be doing with all that walking if i want to go out and have a damn good drink or some food. If this place had a bar/restaurant and bigger pool area then i`d definitely come back again.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top 1st floor, that way you don`t get all upstairs noises bouncing through the flo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Good Afternoon Scott B,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with your honest and extensive feedback! We feel honored that you chose to stay with us on your first trip to the US. I am terribly sorry to read about the critters that you found in your room. We are just a short walk away from the beach and from many other hot spots. We are a bit far from the main strip but we are indeed an apartment hotel. The majority of our guests staying with us are here long term, and make us there little home away from home. Unfortunately we don't have a restaurant or bar on site, but each of the apartments include a full kitchen with all the cooking and serving ware that you need. We appreciate your feedback!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

The apartment was excellent and room service for the towels and cleaning was soo quick. The room was spacious and kitchen fully equipped. It's about 5 mins walk from the beach so you can literally roll out of bed for a dip in the beach. They offer free bike rentals day on a first come first serve basis. Free happy hour from 7-8pm at the sister hotels Riviera and Catalina. They also offer free pick up service to and from the hotel to the airport. The receptionists Joan and Ricardo and door men Carlos and Felix were absolutely fantastic an really made us feel welcome. The only slight negative is that there isn't a shower by the hotel swimming pool so you have to go to your room to rinse off. overall it was a pleasurable stay for me and I will recommend it any day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hello there Yemi2013,

Thank you for your positive 5 star feedback! I see that you were very content with the apartment in general and the service that was provided to you. We do provide the kitchen with all the serving and cooking ware as well as utensils, so that you can make your favorite home cooked meals in your home away from home. :) I am glad that you were able to enjoy the complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8PM. The airport shuttle is another amenity that we offer and saves our guests some bucks. I will definitely inform the mentioned staff about your wonderful praise! We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Katrine

Been to Tradewinds Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!