“Excellent place for a holyday in South Beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tradewinds Apartment Hotel

You added Tradewinds Apartment Hotel to your Saves list
Tradewinds Apartment Hotel
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2365 Pinetree Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Bayshore)   |
Lugano
“Excellent place for a holyday in South Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Tradewinds Apartment may lack the glamour of the historical hotels in Collins Avenue (the Raleigh, say) but is a confortable and cosy place, strategically located out of the chaotic traffic of the major avenues, but with very near bus stops. The price is a bargain. The apartments are very large, clean and furnished with anything the traveller may need. What makes the difference, though, is the staff. We missed our plan and had to book another in a VERY short time. The guy at the reception, Joan is his name and IMHO deserves to be quoted, not only was helpful and professional. He smiled at us and let us use his PERSONAL iPad for as long as we needed, being totally available with anything.
Having bought a dear ticket with a foreign credit card, I needed to contact again the seller during the late hours and even the night concierge, Omar, provided me without any hesitation with all the help I needed.
These ones are the kind of episodes that make the traveller feel safe and taken care of. Thanks to people like Joan and Omar, I'll return to Tradewinds Apartment on my next fligh to Miami.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Good Afternoon TeoL_23,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for taking your time to share yours with us! We are located further away from all the madness that is taken place in South Beach. Yet close enough in a quick bus ride. I see that you were content with the cleanliness of our hotel as well as the spaciousness of the room. I am glad that you were provided with exceptional service by the front desk agent Joan. He is such a great asset to our team and all of our guests have great things to say about him as well. Omar is another great part of our team. He is great providing his professional concierge services to all of our guests. Please come back soon!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Arima, Arima, Trinidad and Tobago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I arrive at this hotel 18-25 of July we stay at room 309 and 310 the place is really nice with brand new furniture the only reason I am giving it a four star is because the room do not have a phone incase something happen or and emergency you cannot contact front desk my hot water in room #309 was not working only the bathroom I never complain since I am not fussy but please people I am from trinidad and I highly recommend this place to you.the price is reasonable compare to other south beach hotel can't wait to return I am so in love with the place.thank Delano and the other front desk clerk you made my vacation one I can never forget.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello Ashaki P,

Thank you so much for your wonderful positive feedback! I am extremely glad to learn that you had a great time while staying with us! Was our staff able to correct the issue regarding the hot water in the room? We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Port Au Prince, Haiti
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Came for a week holiday with my 13 months old and a friend who has another baby same age as mine. We shared the apartment as it has one double bed and one sofa bed. Location is nice, waking distance from the beach, the park, the stores, Lincoln avenue. The building is freshly renovated and the furniture is beautiful, new and of a good taste. Flat screen TV and fully equipped kitchen, fridge, oven and microwave brand new. the cleaning team is not efficient and don't really put extra care in dealing with the room. Forget towels. And the reception was right on the opposite side of the compounds. Hell to reach them as there's no phone in the rooms. At the front desk everybody very ice to me until they forgot to call my cab at 6am to the airport and i had to struggle to get to the reception with my sleepy baby just to ask them what is going on. The staff is very young and seems inexperienced. The pool area is ok, classic for a motel. I have to mention that all the common areas of this compound are very clean and beautifully decorated. Tables are set outside together with large benches and umbrellas you can enjoy the space. However the structure is designed as a hostel. it is for young people so it is normal to hear noise until 3am especially in the weekend. The pool too seems like a college reunion, unless you go when everybody is eating, then my baby slept in my arms while walking in the water! We had a good time.

Room Tip: close to the reception!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Hello Shantii,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your honest and kind review on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I see that you were content with the location of our property! We are indeed located in a prime spot, away from the action yet close enough, when you want to get to it. I will definitely inform the General Manager about the cleaning team and the job that they did. I am sorry that you found our staff to be inexperienced. They are all within the hospitality field and they have all been well trained in customer service. Our structure is actually designed for guests that are here to stay with us for a long period of time. Most of the guests that come here are here for 30+ days. I am very glad to know that you had a good time!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I reserved 3 rooms 3 months before our trip, I couldn't be anymore excited(at the moment) after seeing all the good reviews, beautiful pictures of the room, walking distance to the beach. First the building, rooms are very beautiful and very convenient to the beach. Made us feel we were home it had a stove, pots, spoons etc. But failed in so many other things, we arrived on a Friday afternoon and was surprised with a $15 plus tax per day convenience fee, we were staying 6 night's so that's close to an extra $100. The first night the upstairs people seem to all wear high heels and got an energy to move all furniture at 3 a.m because all 3 rooms didn't sleep, we ignored it and assumed it will stop especially since we saw the upstairs people packing up their car. Second night same thing at 3 a.m.! Third day our rooms were finally"cleaned" after 2 day's of our "I need help bring a broom" sign on the door, all they did was throw the sheet on the bed not even tucked it under the mattress and literally through towels on the bed. Our floors where so dirty from the sand and the usual traffic of going in and out. They didn't take the trash out, no clean sheet's even though the paper of clean sheets needed was on the bed or even try to shake the sheets to take off the sand we brought in from the beach. I guess we were so tired of walking the beach we didn't hear the upstairs people(or they were out too). The next morning I went to complain to some rude idiot named Joan who said the upstairs people were not really a complaint against the hotel and some STUPID excuse why all three rooms where not cleaned correctly. He said that the guy who takes the sheet's & towels is not the same person who sweeps or takes trash out(but they did take the sign off and put it inside indicating it was clean). I thought he would help me out especially since he was talking to my breast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I arrived at the hotel at 2:40 am and was greet.with a towel only because it was pooring downing raining.I wanted to say thank.di to Ms.Susan rudness the night front desk guy help resolve the issue.She need to take a customer service class.But night front desk guy needs to be a manager asap.Great stay..

• Stayed July 2013
Hello LOWANDER35,

There is nothing that we love more then 5 star feedback from our guests! Thank you so much for taking your time to share yours with us! I am terribly sorry that you were not given outstanding customer service by Susan. I will definitely let the General Manager know so that she can speak with her. We hope that you would stay with us again in the future!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have NEVER received worse costumer service than with this guy Joan working the front desk. And then as in lost in the complex and taking my own bags to my room I call the front desk to ask for help finding my room and he replies "well if you followed the map I gave you, you'd find it"
Everything else is nice though, location is great, cute complex, nice area but he was so rude in a way I've never experienced, and this was my first time coming here so it wasnt the best first impression Shaking My Head!

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

First of all, I usually forget to write reviews. Tradewinds and its staff deserves each and every review possible!!
I stayed for 4th of July weekend and we were astonished as to what a beautiful place this is! I only can say that Paola, Susana aka brown suga ;) and Carlos, were amazing! They helped us in every single need we had! I can only say that is an amazing place to stay if you're planning on going to Miami Beach.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Good Afternoon Andres M,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We are very glad to read that you had a 5 star stay! I see that you were able to get serviced by our amazing staff. I will definitely inform them all of your kind praise! They are amazing and all of our guests seem to think so as well! We hope to have you stay with us again!

Katrine

Been to Tradewinds Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!